Fan Mutiny Forming on the Indy "Bounty"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

Fan Mutiny Forming on the Indy "Bounty"

Want some enjoyable reading?  Take a look at the Indy fanbase's reaction to yesterday's yellow belly display of managerial cowardice:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Re: Fan Mutiny Forming on the Indy "Bounty"

"Times like this I can appreciate Bill Belichick even more. They would have gone for it. Pride is the thing that's missing from the Colts coach and upper management."  -Coltfan

jhb, you're right, that is enjoyable reading. Seems the Colts may have applied even more pressure to their playoff situation, and........ You gotta' love it !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The undercurrent of the disappointment is when you are "this close" to being, and making, a part of history no one else can match was thrown away for what?  You might win the super bowl?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I'm hearing that there might be a player mutiny forming, too.  Not outright hate and disagreement, but some resent among key players.

Reggie Wayne said outright that he wanted to pursue 16-0

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

Speakin' of Bill Belichick here's what I wrote underdogg last night when he valiantly tried to run interference for Indy's GM/Coach as self-appointed apologist:

I was luvin' every minute that the Jets were beating the living snot out of the Colt's JV squad to the horror of every Indy fan, and most -- if not all -- of their sidelined starters.  For one thing it brought a comical end to the NFL's regular season winning streak record.  

Upper management made the tough call, to treat this as a preseason game by pulling the starters in the 2nd half, and to can the marketing bonanza that an undefeated season brings.  They're hoping that it pays health dividends enroute to a SB push.  I guess they figured that you can't have your cake and eat it to?  

Bill Belichick already proved that he'd never go that soft route and, apart from the greatest catch in Super Bowl history by the Giants, would have been justified in keeping the streak alive at the risk of injuring a key player in the full-time 1st string employee policy that he maintained throughout the 2007 season. 

I think Indy is going down regardless, to either San Diego or the Patriots, before the Big Game so maintaining their regular season win streak could have been the only redeemable thing they'd have to look back on 2009.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

A Colts fan wrote this priceless gem:

The Colts are a team that is afraid to get hurt..... What a joke, and I actually thought this team would be different than the "softie" squads of Dungy. I was wrong....

AFC Championship will be Chargers vs. Patriots, 2 teams that play to win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

wow that's good stuff.  i also heard on the radio that an Indy fan called in to a show and said he was going down to the DMV today to trade in his Colts license plate for a regular Indiana one.  hahaha

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I fully agree...f they had played their best players and lost I would've respected them for going down swinging. Afraid Manning or someone will get hurt? Guess what, if you don't have confidence in your backups to win games against quality opponets, they shouldn't be on your team. The only thing that will be funnier then Manning's face yesterday is his face when they go one and done yet again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Did the management not see what a sh*t storm this would cause?  I never believed they would actually mail it in when undefeated was still on the line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Did the Colts not realize the public outcry that would follow? We have teams across the league trying to keep their team focused, and we then have these geniuses over in Indy who CREATE TURMOIL IN WEEK 15 FOR THEIR OWN TEAM! Way to cause a distraction.

But, hey, you never know...maybe the players will rally aroun this and take an "Us against the World" POV. I doubt it, they've always been the media darlings and may wilt without the adoraton of the public and press.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

I saw more Colts jerseys out, & all of the smack talk, than I have all season. Then they just disappeared, but not before they called for lynching the head coach. I even suggested that he had money on the game & threw it. Surprisingly some of them actually agreed it might be true because they felt the way he handled the game was suspicious.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Hey Don Banks Team of the Decade??? I don't think so!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Ewhite, it's a road game for them so it's moot point.

Also, fans can b!tch and whine all they want, the NFL is such a great product that people will show up on Sundays anyway. You don't think these billionaire owners and businesspeople know that? They know we'll all go crawling back. I'd be pissed if I was a Colts fan (I'd jump off a bridge anyway) but ultimately, I'd show up because it's still my team. By the way, the Colts have done this for YEARS now. 12-0, 13-0, 14-0. They've done it on numerous occasions. The fans whine for a few weeks and they're back at the game...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Ewhite, it's a road game for them so it's moot point.

Response
    Awe, Tough break and I agree that most fans are a lot more forgiving than I am.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

Check out the pain in this Colt fan's post.  He also makes some great points:

Bill Polian is a cancer in football. He disrespects the game, its history and sportmanship by arrogantly dismissing these aspects as bad for business. He fails to see the forest through the trees.

Crazy is expecting a different outcome under the same circumstances. Bill Polian is crazy. 

You can't be afraid to play the game. You can't be afraid to achieve greatness. You can't be afraid to be historic. Bill Polian is a coward.

Practice is not a game. In every sport, most less physically demanding than football, it is well known that after a layoff period your GAME needs tuning. You can't turn it off and back on again after breaking continuity and rhythm. Bill Polian is ignorant. 

The chance for this city and Colts team to achieve ultimate greatness, football
    immortality, and endless respect had a life of its own. Bill Polian murdered it. His continued disparity for the game will surely earn another Irsay his "it's only business" reputation in football

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from welly. Show welly's posts

Doggg and the rest of the redneck Dolt fan base:
    Don't be the last rat off the sinking ship. Ouch!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all. Even if the Colts win the Super Bowl, they'll still be losers for quitting when they had a chance at perfection. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

It wasn't a "meaningless" game to a lot of fans of Football.  Not only did it tick off the Colts fanbase, but imagine fans of one of the other teams vying for an AFC wildcard spot and knowing the Colts handing the keys for the Jets to get in.....

If Cincy does the same for the Jets next week, still bad, BUT, they did not have the opportunity to chase or create history of an undefeated Season....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

i always hated polian.  the guy is a sore loser who changed the rules to win a super bowl.  there are zero great defensive teams and the closest thing to a shut down corner is Revis.  he sold the league on the idea of offense sells and the game isnt the same.  it makes me very pleased to see colts hating the guy.  i think he is a cancer to football as the colts fan said. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Poll from espn.com:

What would Jim Caldwell have faced more criticism for?

Benching Peyton Manning in the second half of a close game and losing {23%}

Playing Peyton Manning into the fourth quarter and seeing him get hurt {77%}

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The only way the Colts fans could really get their message across is if they boycotted the playoff game in Indy, but they won't becasue they are as bad as the ownershipTongue out

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It's really a delicious scenario which has generated a newfound respect for the Pats of 2007 for playing each game to their utmost in pursuit of perfection. I'm one of those who thinks an undefeated regular season does count for something. It's not at the top of a team's resume, but it's hardly irrelevant. In the Pats case, the undefeated regular season spoke volumes that the team didn't need some kind of cheap stolen signals to pound their opponents. 

Meantime, this "pressure" thing is fascinating. No argument that teams face more pressure going into the postseason undefeated. But here's the catch: if you lie down in order to get rid of that pressure, it turns on you. Yes, if the Pats had lost to the Giants at the end of the regular season in 2007, it would have taken some pressure off. But if they had rested uninjured players out of fear, it would have turned on them. Ironically, by Indy resting their players, they have not reduced the pressure on themselves but added to it tremendously. Now the whole season is a waste and the decision to rest is a horrible one unless they win it all. Have fun with that burden guys!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

i always hated polian.  the guy is a sore loser who changed the rules to win a super bowl.  there are zero great defensive teams and the closest thing to a shut down corner is Revis.  he sold the league on the idea of offense sells and the game isnt the same.  it makes me very pleased to see colts hating the guy.  i think he is a cancer to football as the colts fan said. 

btown - is he a sore loser like belichick - cheating, not shaking winning coaches hands and leaving the field before a game is over.  Do you mean a sore loser like that or did you mean something different. 

Now, i forget what rules he changed to win a superbowl.  What rules were those that he changed?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

posted at 12/29/2009 12:00 AM EST

First: 11/18/2009
    Last: 12/29/2009

btown - is he a sore loser like belichick - cheating, not shaking winning coaches hands and leaving the field before a game is over.  Do you mean a sore loser like that or did you mean something different. 

Now, i forget what rules he changed to win a superbowl.  What rules were those that he changed?

Response-
    Leon, Is that you
    ? You've learned much from your mentor young Skywalker.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

All you have to do is listen to Mike Ditka. A guy who played and coached with pure heart. He said last night -

"When you are confronted with a rare opportunity to make history in this game such as this you have an obligation to go for it. The Colts had that opportunity and they threw it away".  

They had something special that the game had given them and they chose to throw it away.  - Says it all. That's why fans nation wide feel sorry for the players and have no respect for the Colts as an organization.  

Sections
Shortcuts