Fanene to be cut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

Fanene to be cut

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8289854/source-new-england-patriots-cut-offseason-addition-jonathan-fanene

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Re: Fanene to be cut

Shocking.  Clayton is usally pretty careful of making a comment like this.
    Has to be more than arthroscopic surgery to give up on him this quickly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Thats stinks. I was hoping he'd give us a pass rush similar to Mike Wright

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

I was pretty shocked myself when I saw this.  Maybe it's something along the lines like they did with Dane Fletcher.  They cut him and resign him.  Just throwing it out there. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Has he practiced at all yet? I can't remember. If he has then they could've put him directly on IR but if he hasn't I think you have to release then add to IR.

Anyone else know?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut:
    [QUOTE]Has he practiced at all yet? I can't remember. If he has then they could've put him directly on IR but if he hasn't I think you have to release then add to IR. Anyone else know?
    Posted by Homecheese[/QUOTE

I think he injured himself in mini camp so he hasn't practiced at all in training camp.  Not sure on the rules though. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wonder if they reached an injury settlement with him? Because there is no way a team like this lets a guy go when they just gave him a 3.5 million dollar signing bonus. The only way they would do that is if he punched Brady in the face and then wiped his bum with the latest GQ cover.

Right now it looks like Gregory and Llyod are the only free agents that are going to help..unless one of the fifteen fullbacks or tight ends we signed step up. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I wonder if they reached an injury settlement with him? Because there is no way a team like this lets a guy go when they just gave him a 3.5 million dollar signing bonus.
    Posted by mthurl

Maybe, but there are also rumors that Fanene is suffering from a chronic knee condition.  If that is the case and they were worried about his long term viability it makes sense to eat the cap hit from his bonus entirely this year as opposed to keeping him on the roster and spreading out the cap hit into years where they might want to make other moves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to "Re: Fanene to be cut":
    In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut : Maybe, but there are also rumors that Fanene is suffering from a chronic knee condition.  If that is the case and they were worried about his long term viability it makes sense to eat the cap hit from his bonus entirely this year as opposed to keeping him on the roster and spreading out the cap hit into years where they might want to make other moves. Posted by pcmIV
    Why did they sign him then? I mean, he had the knee thing last year, don't they check these things out? And if he just needs a scope, why not get it done and have him come back in October or something? The whole thing is weird. It makes me wonder if the guy maybe was not their type of player behind the scenes or maybe he was becoming a bit of an attitude...or maybe they wanted him to play through it and he opted for the surgery? It's weird.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to "Re: Fanene to be cut": Why did they sign him then? I mean, he had the knee thing last year, don't they check these things out? And if he just needs a scope, why not get it done and have him come back in October or something? The whole thing is weird. It makes me wonder if the guy maybe was not their type of player behind the scenes or maybe he was becoming a bit of an attitude...or maybe they wanted him to play through it and he opted for the surgery? It's weird.
    Posted by mthurl

Something seems fishy with this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

nice waste of $3.75m 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

nice waste of $3.75m 
    Posted by murghkhor

Money that could have gone towards a new Welker deal!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Every one was high on the signing when it went down, now........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Too bad, I really thought he would be a good addition. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Every one was high on the signing when it went down, now........
    Posted by part-timer

Now... what? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut : Now... what? 
    Posted by shenanigan

nice waste of $3.75m 

and that's just the start. the hater's are coming out...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut : nice waste of $3.75m  Money that could have gone towards a new Welker deal! and that's just the start. the hater's are coming out...
    Posted by part-timer

I don't like wasting $3.75mil but honestly if $3.75 split between 2 yrs would have gotten the deal done I doubt Kraft would have let that stay in the way. Not to mention that they have a fair amount of cap room already (more then $3.75mil) so it's not like they didn't have the $3.75mil available to sign Welker if they wanted

It's really to bad honestly. I was really hoping Fanene was going to provide a boast for the D but maybe BB is seeing it come from other sources? Love looked pretty good last night and Deadrick has been getting some good reviews. Additionally Francis has had good reports from camp playing both DT and DE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

nice waste of $3.75m 
    the hater's are coming out...
    Posted by part-timer

Not haters, they just happen to be two true statements.  Just because they are "our" team doesn't mean we have to agree with EVERYTHING they do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I was never excited about a (2nd stringer) coming from a team like Cincy in the first place. Not sure why he got any hype around here. Never saw the guy play a snap here. So besides the waste of the cash....I just don't care....he meant nothing here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I was never excited about a (2nd stringer) coming from a team like Cincy in the first place. Not sure why he got any hype around here. Never saw the guy play a snap here. So besides the waste of the cash....I just don't care....he meant nothing here.
    Posted by tanbass

I wasn't too thrilled with the signing either, but do you know what? He was the biggest free agent signing we had, so you would expect something out of him. Do you remember when we tried to sign him? The reports were we just had to have him and we were being aggressive to get him after we lost out on the lineman from Seattle. We needed defensive line help - in fact we have needed it ever since they traded Seymore.

This was the off season that we were going to be able to just gobble up all these awesome free agents because we were fiscally responsible while the rest of the league wasn't (everyone thought we were going to be in a better position financially). We have 10 million in cap space to spend right now...this was our big ticket signing. Maybe one of the 15 fullbacks we signed will make us forget this gaff? I hope so.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I've been a big advocate of the Patriots only signing players that don't get injured. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut : Not haters, they just happen to be two true statements.  Just because they are "our" team doesn't mean we have to agree with EVERYTHING they do.
    Posted by TFB12

mature comments... just refreshing. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: Fanene to be cut": Why did they sign him then? I mean, he had the knee thing last year, don't they check these things out? And if he just needs a scope, why not get it done and have him come back in October or something? The whole thing is weird. It makes me wonder if the guy maybe was not their type of player behind the scenes or maybe he was becoming a bit of an attitude...or maybe they wanted him to play through it and he opted for the surgery? It's weird.
    Posted by mthurl

Or maybe he just hurt his knee.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

tfb12... i just realized that came across as me telling you that mature comments don't come from you. i meant it was refreshing given how short the fuses have been on these boards.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut : I wasn't too thrilled with the signing either, but do you know what? He was the biggest free agent signing we had, so you would expect something out of him. Do you remember when we tried to sign him? The reports were we just had to have him and we were being aggressive to get him after we lost out on the lineman from Seattle. We needed defensive line help - in fact we have needed it ever since they traded Seymore.   This was the off season that we were going to be able to just gobble up all these awesome free agents because we were fiscally responsible while the rest of the league wasn't (everyone thought we were going to be in a better position financially). We have 10 million in cap space to spend right now...this was our big ticket signing. Maybe one of the 15 fullbacks we signed will make us forget this gaff? I hope so.
    Posted by mthurl

You really are a doom and gloomer. I have read probably your last 20 or 30 posts and it seems like every one is a negative comment towards this team.

I'm not mad at ya, I'm just saying you are one negative a5$ Pats fan.Yell

Sections
Shortcuts