Fanene to be cut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Fanene to be cut

most of these comments are looking at the glass as half empty. (waste of $3.75 Mil ect) How about this thought? Maybe the DL's we have in camp have shown BB that he has enough young talent on the DL that an injured Fanenne is expendable?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Interesting thing coming out. The Pats might be able to get the $3.75mil back. Apparently Fanene failed to disclose an injury before he was signed. That injury might be the reason why his knee is going to be scoped. If he did fail to disclose this info then the Pats get that signing bonus back and it doesn't affect their cap

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut:
    In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut : You really are a doom and gloomer. I have read probably your last 20 or 30 posts and it seems like every one is a negative comment towards this team. I'm not mad at ya, I'm just saying you are one negative a5$ Pats fan.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I've got to admit, I'm a bit negative towards this Fenene thing (alright a lot). We had, what? 30 million to spend this off season and we needed to upgrade our defensive line talent at the tackle spot...we ended up with Fenene. Sorry, it bugs me.

The thing is I like free agency/the draft etc. I also didn't like watching us have half of our defensive line on injured reserve last year, I was hoping we would sign a quality defensive tackle type of guy with some of that money and it looks like Fenene duped us...just like Ellis did last year.

Maybe they can continue to play Wilfork 58 minutes a game and everything will be fine. Maybe Brace will turn out good after four years. I like Deaderick anyways. Love looks like he can move pretty well for a big guy, except it looked like he was getting pushed around consistently in the run game last year. Who knows? Myron Pryor may get out of traction and play five minutes of football this year!

You need big defensive linemen that can play, if you don't have them it hurts the play of your linebackers and secondary. Maybe everything will be fine.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut : Just more proof of the brilliance of BB the GM we keep hearing about.   That dead money tab is almost up to 20 mil for 2012.  Ouch!  Could have signed Welker to a multi year deal with all that waste.
    Posted by JetMangione

A jets fan talking about wasted money? LMAO!! Thanks for the laugh!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut : So you think approaching 20 mil in dead money is a good thing?
    Posted by JetMangione

What proof do you have?

Also your jets seem to think its a good idea to waste a bunch of money and draft picks on backup qb's.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut : What proof?  Look it up, doombass.  How much do you think that BB has in dead money this year? As for a bunch of money... you're an idiot and clearly have no idea how much he is making or what other backup QBs are making.  As for the draft picks... how many picks have the patsies used on QBs in the recent past?  How do you think a team usually acquires a backup QB?  UFA?  
    Posted by JetMangione

You don't understand, little bo peep. You have no starting qb on your roster. you basically have 3 or 4 backups. What was the cost to move up to #5 and draft a backup again?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut : I've got to admit, I'm a bit negative towards this Fenene thing (alright a lot). We had, what? 30 million to spend this off season and we needed to upgrade our defensive line talent at the tackle spot...we ended up with Fenene. Sorry, it bugs me. The thing is I like free agency/the draft etc. I also didn't like watching us have half of our defensive line on injured reserve last year, I was hoping we would sign a quality defensive tackle type of guy with some of that money and it looks like Fenene duped us...just like Ellis did last year. Maybe they can continue to play Wilfork 58 minutes a game and everything will be fine. Maybe Brace will turn out good after four years. I like Deaderick anyways. Love looks like he can move pretty well for a big guy, except it looked like he was getting pushed around consistently in the run game last year. Who knows? Myron Pryor may get out of traction and play five minutes of football this year! You need big defensive linemen that can play, if you don't have them it hurts the play of your linebackers and secondary. Maybe everything will be fine.
    Posted by mthurl

I actually have to agree with you. I wanted an edge rusher and a DT in the 1st rd last year. I based that on VW's high snap count last year. I thought we needed another big dude to spell VW and take over in case of injury. I didn't mind the Fanine pick up but I really thought it was a depth signing and situational starter. I know we gave him a good chunk of money up front but that didn't mean we were relying on him to be a starter. Anyway Brace really did look good in his opportunity and Deadrick has good experience.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut : So you think approaching 20 mil in dead money is a good thing?
    Posted by JetMangione

You must be talking about the Jets after the lockout. You must be kissing Goodell's butt after he wiped your dead money clean after the lockout.

But as for the Pats, well they are going to get Fanene's cap number back so in reality that's only 15mil in dead cap space, but they have 10mil in cap space right now even before getting Fanene's money back so the dead money doesn't seem to be hurting them at all.

BTW how are you enjoying the $10mil spent on your QB's and Scott, you enjoying that 5mil there? There's your $15mil the Pats have in dead money, it was a spent on deadbeat players. The difference is the Pats can afford to cut the dead weight and get better players, the Jets are stuck with their dead money still on the active roster

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut : Really?  Are you still crying about the rules of Bob Krafts new CBA?  You've got to stop, it's just so pathetic. As for your theory that BB will try to cover up another one of his failed signings with a claim that the guy who supposedly passed the patsies physical had bad knees (hmm, never heard of a football player with bad knees), good luck with that. Then again, maybe Bob Kraft added this new rule into his new CBA just for BB's failed signings to come.  At some point Bob has to just look at all that dead money and get sick to his stomach.
    Posted by JetMangione

Ohh you are just upset Kraft didn't add a rule to back out of bad draft picks like Sanchez or Gholston? Oh poor baby. Kraft made the new CBA, Goodell forgave the dead money. Those are two different events get it right.

Speaking of bad signings, hows that Holmes contract working out or the Sanchez extension because his feelings were hurt? I bet Harris makes up for that right. Lol, I'll take BB's misfires over the Jets complete inaptitude on contracts any day

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut : That's right, it's the incredible frugal approach that we've seen that has resulted in a that huge amount of space under the cap. Well, that and restructuring Brady to push his cap hit to 22 mil for 2 years in a row.  What's that?  About 1/6th of the entire cap for one guy.  Hmmm, you may be needing that cash.  Better not sign any more of those Fanene types.
    Posted by JetMangione

So the Jets have less cap space then the Pats currently, next year, and the year after and you are making fun of the Pats who have been the better team the last decade or so?

Just one question. This "frugal" approach lead to a SB appearence last year, how has you spend happy approach been for the Jets? It must have won the SB because that's better then just an appearence right? It's not like the Jets haven't made a SB let alone win one in over 40yrs with their fantastic approach right???

BTW, Tebow and Sanchez account for $16mil each of the next two years. I'm guessing that you wouldn't mind paying $6mil extra for Brady over Tebow and Sanchez combined would you?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut : Just more proof of the brilliance of BB the GM we keep hearing about.   That dead money tab is almost up to 20 mil for 2012.  Ouch!  Could have signed Welker to a multi year deal with all that waste.
    Posted by JetMangione

You sound so familiar to me?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Fanene to be cut : What proof?  Look it up, doombass.  How much do you think that BB has in dead money this year? As for a bunch of money... you're an idiot and clearly have no idea how much he is making or what other backup QBs are making.  As for the draft picks... how many picks have the patsies used on QBs in the recent past?  How do you think a team usually acquires a backup QB?  UFA?  
    Posted by JetMangione

I can't put my finger on who you sound like?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2012/08/24/early-pnotes/U3YT5eWtWA7UdpGg50PaSM/story.html

If this is true, Pats should be able to recoup some, if not all, of the $$.

Sections
Shortcuts