Fans in Minn smoking CRACK...Think they will trade for Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Fans in Minn smoking CRACK...Think they will trade for Moss

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/15415/nfc-north-weekend-mailbag-29

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Re: Fans in Minn smoking CRACK...Think they will trade for Moss

Adam of Weston Super Mare, England, writes: Bearing in mind the Sidney Rice injury and a one year window of opportunity with Brett Favre, is there any chance the Vikings offer a second-round pick for Randy Moss? He is a UFA in 2011 so he wouldn't affect their long term plans. The team needs to do something.

Kevin Seifert: Adam's sentiment was expressed universally by Vikings fans, at least those who contacted me, in the wake of Rice's hip surgery. And I'm convinced that's why so many people were disappointed when they instead acquired Greg Camarillo from the Miami Dolphins. It was a nice emergency trade, but it wasn't Moss.

It's true that Moss has suggested this is his last year with the New England Patriots because he hasn't been offered a contract extension. And it's a fact that Vikings quarterback Brett Favre wanted the Green Bay Packers to trade for him in 2007.

But the rest is pie-in-the-sky hopes and dreams. The big issue the Vikings face in dealing for any receiver, be it Moss or San Diego's Vincent Jackson or someone else, is the delicate financial situation they would be in.

Both Moss and Jackson are going to want new contracts. Rice wants a new contract as well, and to this point the Vikings have been unwilling. So do you make a trade for Moss or Jackson, giving them a new deal to ensure tranquility, and then tell Rice to just keep working hard when he returns? That's probably easier said than done.

I do think that most of the facts that led to Moss' departure from Minnesota have dissipated. The organization has changed inside and out, from the owner to the coaching staff to the quarterback. But as of now, it just doesn't seem like a realistic possibility.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

never happen. Moss is from the east coast, why would he want to go back to Minn. he'll have a great year this year, and I hope Kraft will pay him and he and Brady will ride out into the sunset together on the heels of a couple SBs.

furthermore Moss is not even worth a second rounder

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You hope they'll pay him? He'll be 34 in Febuary! He dogged it at times last year and he has a long history of being a cancer. Is he still good? Yes. Will he be good 2 years from now? Who knows, I doubt it, he'll be 36. You want to give another long term contract to a guy that will be 36 in the second year of the deal? It's not like this guy is going to take a two year home town discount here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

It's a business.  Moss is in his last year.  He is positioning himself for another contract by years end - so, I'm hoping that's enough motivation for him to have a solid year.

Personally, I'd like to see him back - but I'm guessing that a lot of it will also depend on whether/if/when Brady is signed to a new contract. If Brady is not resigned, retaining Moss will be very unlikely.

That being said - if the "right" opportunity came up - I'm sure BB would take it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I'd take him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

They are smoking crack, and a lot of it. Why would the Patriots make this trade? He is our #1 receiver. Why would a Super Bowl contender, weaken thier team for a 2nd round pick? (In a weak draft, to boot).  If it were for another starting player, I would understand. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

jerh5, dont know where u are hearing it is a weak draft next year.  I like many guys coming out and if some of the underclassmen join, it will be another strong draft class.  Many guys in spots we need to fill as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I hope Kraft will pay him and he and Brady will ride out into the sunset together on the heels of a couple SBs.

That would be a dream scenario. I suppose it all hinges on whether Randy wants to make top dollar or is willing to take a little less to stay with a contender. There is also the franchise tag, which may be used to ensure they get something in return...but you never know with BB.

He'll be 34 in Febuary! He dogged it at times last year and he has a long history of being a cancer.

He dogged it? The man had 83 receptions for 1264 yards and 13 TDs (tied for NFL lead). If that's dogging it your expectations are very high! And he's never been a "cancer" in NE. Even at 34, he's one of the top WRs in the league.

Personally, I'd like to see him back - but I'm guessing that a lot of it will also depend on whether/if/when Brady is signed to a new contract. If Brady is not resigned, retaining Moss will be very unlikely.

What I find really unlikely is that they won't sign Brady! Sure, even Joe Montana was traded, but they had Steve Young waiting in the wings. I just don't see them telling Tom to hit the road and starting Hoyer! Not even Al Davis would make a move like that! No, the big issue is going to be salary, and how insistent Randy is on making top 5 WR money, IMO.

They are smoking crack, and a lot of it.

That may well be, but by February I bet they'll be hitting the bottle to drown their sorrows once again!

It's hard to say what will happen with Moss in 2011. Hell, there may not even be a season if they don't work out a CBA. But unless he totally flops this year, I think they will offer Randy a decent contract to stay. Not Larry Fitzgerald money, but even T.O. is working "on the cheap". In any case, I think we're a bit early to be worrying about this. Randy is in a contract year, Wes is back (it seems), and Tom looks like he's very hungry for another shot at a Lombardi. I'm saving all my worrying for that defense that let the Rams march up and down the field for 44 minutes!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Eventually Moss will leave or retire and then you guys can spend the next 20 years complaining that the Pats don't have a legitimate #1 WR to stretch the field.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Straight up for Jared Allen?  Deal. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Unless the Vikings are planning to ship Jared Allen AND Pat Williams our way IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!

Both Allen and William have to be in the deal or no Moss. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Fans in Minn smoking CRACK...Think they will trade for Moss:
    [QUOTE]You hope they'll pay him? He'll be 34 in Febuary! He dogged it at times last year and he has a long history of being a cancer. Is he still good? Yes. Will he be good 2 years from now? Who knows, I doubt it, he'll be 36. You want to give another long term contract to a guy that will be 36 in the second year of the deal? It's not like this guy is going to take a two year home town discount here.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Who takes Moss' spot, idiot? The unproven, basically, rookie Tate? Welker fresh of a knee injury? Edelman who's real position is QB and is learning WR as he goes along? Unproven rookie Price? 

I am so glad you don't run the Patriots. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE] What I find really unlikely is that they won't sign Brady! Sure, even Joe Montana was traded, but they had Steve Young waiting in the wings. I just don't see them telling Tom to hit the road and starting Hoyer! Not even Al Davis would make a move like that!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

I agree that it is unlikely.  My point was that it would be much less likely that Moss would re-sign with the Patriots if Brady were not here. Moss has been fairly explicit that one of the reasons why he signed w/ the Patriots is because of Brady's presence.

And again, this is a business - nothing surprises me any more. Until the line is signed by Brady....anything can happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

[QUOTE]Straight up for Jared Allen?  Deal. 
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

AMEN!  I say, trade him NOW, but get something good, then get someone familiar with our system (Deion Branch?) and plug them in.  This years offense isn't about Moss, and although we can use him as bait, (and the occasional bomb for a TD) I would rather have Welker, Edelman, Gronk and Hernandez in there, and someone fierce on the D line.  If Moss is a loss, lets do it now, when there is value, get something.  Where is Gaffney these days?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Fans in Minn smoking CRACK...Think they will trade for Moss:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/15415/nfc-north-weekend-mailbag-29
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE]

For the right price, anything is a possibility. But, Moss for a low second round pick?? LOL!!!!

If the Vikings were serious, the price would likely be their #1 picks in 2011, and 2012.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Fans in Minn smoking CRACK...Think they will trade for Moss :      For the right price, anything is a possibility. But, Moss for a low second round pick?? LOL!!!!      If the Vikings were serious, a more realistic price would be their first and second round picks in 2011, and their #1 pick in 2012.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fans in Minn smoking CRACK...Think they will trade for Moss : AMEN!  I say, trade him NOW, but get something good, then get someone familiar with our system (Deion Branch?) and plug them in.  This years offense isn't about Moss, and although we can use him as bait, (and the occasional bomb for a TD) I would rather have Welker, Edelman, Gronk and Hernandez in there, and someone fierce on the D line.  If Moss is a loss, lets do it now, when there is value, get something.  Where is Gaffney these days?
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous post. All these rookies look good in the preseason, but come regular season, Moss-man is going to be a very valuable piece. Moss stretches the field and that leaves room for the TEs and slot receivers room to move in the box. Without Moss, teams would plug the box with 9 and leave no room for the running backs, slot recievers or TEs to move. 

Deion Branch is history, Gaffney is locked with the Broncos for multiple years and no one else brings the kind of talent and dedication that Moss brings to the field. 

This is the dumbest thing ever! It's like cutting off your foot to run a race because you're think that in the future people will have robotic legs. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

I take personal umbrage at anyone suggesting that folks in Minnesota smoke Crack. It's MINNESOTA!! Everyone knows thats a meth smoking state. Expect a quick and speedy apology.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]You hope they'll pay him? He'll be 34 in Febuary! He dogged it at times last year and he has a long history of being a cancer. Is he still good? Yes. Will he be good 2 years from now? Who knows, I doubt it, he'll be 36. You want to give another long term contract to a guy that will be 36 in the second year of the deal? It's not like this guy is going to take a two year home town discount here.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Are you a Patriots fan? Moss probably hass 3 good years left in him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

That aint never gona happen, he had his chance in 2007, the O LINE AND THE D LET HIM DOWN(23 TD's) He gave his hart to us and the DAMM TEAM AND MR.BILL let hime down!!!!!!!!!! So don't talk about more Superbowls with the PATS, THAT AINT NEVER GONA HAPPEN NO MORE WITH THE PATS. I would not B surprised if this trade happens, if I was him I would leave to get a ring cause it aint ever gona happen here ever again, and that U can take 2 the bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![QUOTE]never happen. Moss is from the east coast, why would he want to go back to Minn. he'll have a great year this year, and I hope Kraft will pay him and he and Brady will ride out into the sunset together on the heels of a couple SBs. furthermore Moss is not even worth a second rounder
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

All the talk out here on the prairie is of Moss perhaps coming in next year.

I have no doubt there's plenty of crack smoking going on, but nobody credible is discussing bringing Moss in for this season. It's simply not feasible.

If I were the Vikings, I'd be a little more concerened about who will be throwing the passes than who will be catching them. Their pass protection has not looked good and they're going to have all they can handle keeping The Human Turnover upright all season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fans in Minn smoking CRACK...Think they will trade for Moss : AMEN!  I say, trade him NOW, but get something good, then get someone familiar with our system (Deion Branch?) and plug them in.  This years offense isn't about Moss, and although we can use him as bait, (and the occasional bomb for a TD) I would rather have Welker, Edelman, Gronk and Hernandez in there, and someone fierce on the D line.  If Moss is a loss, lets do it now, when there is value, get something.  Where is Gaffney these days?
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]

YES! Lets trade the 2nd best receiver in NFL history and re-sign Deon Branch......No no no replace him with......Gaffney.  If Randy values a shot at becoming #1 in the record books he will stay with Tommy in N.E. Only a fool would want this guy out of N.E.

Not "the occasional bomb" for a td.  In 2 years with Brady as his QB Moss has led the ENTIRE NFL in td's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Moss is far too valuable and if Vikings fans are thinking they can get him for a second round pick, well then they must be on crack. Brady to Moss all day everyday. Moss is the second best thing to happen to this offense since 2006, first being Welker. Why drop Moss when we have Super Bowl aspirations? Brady wouldn't let it happen, BB would not even consider it unless the Vikes were a bunch of morons and offered Allen, which they abviously wouldn't. Moss has 36 touchdowns with Tom Brady in the two regular seasons both have played together.

If the Pats secure Brady's contract, Moss should be the next guy on their list.