Fans should not have booed yesterday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from faninCT. Show faninCT's posts

Fans should not have booed yesterday

If ever the Pats needed a 12th man it was yesterday. The players heard the boos, I'm sure it didn't help. The Ravens heard them too and it probably energized them even more, especially when they were bragging about how much fan support they got yesterday. We can't win the SB every year but we can support our team even when we get our butts kicked.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Re: Fans should not have booed yesterday

IraqSteve beat me to it...You cannot be serious!!!  24-0 by 1:30PM 13:45 into the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Darn right.  You don't booo or criticize your team while there is still time left, especially in the playoffs.  And all the boo-hooing on here is ridiculous.  People should be grateful that the team won the division and got to the playoffs.  It seems people love to hate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Leon, you using my name as part of your username is kind of like putting a Mercedes emblem on a Yugo.  But anyway, I just thought you should know two things:

1. It's the only part of you with any class.

2. I'm still amazed at how thick your skull must be.  I mean really, how much effort do you put into posting on this site now for nothing?  Man are you dense.  The mods have spanked you like a little girl for half the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

There are very few instances I can think of where it would be acceptable to jeer the home team.

Maybe if they quit . . .   I don't know. Ask Colts fan.

Times like yesterday are when fans should be more vocal in their SUPPORT, but spoiled Pats fan has clearly forgotten this, as he expects to win every game by 42 points and for the guy in front of him to sit down and be quiet while they do it.

When I heard the fans giving it to the Pats all I could think of was the fourth-and-long when Edelman scratched and clawed and somehow managed to gut out the first down and give me brief hope -- only to have the play called back because Slater doesn't know how to block. And I thought -- Pats fan doesn't deserve this guy.

Or any of these guys.

You're gonna boo Tom Brady?

You're gonna boo Bill Belichick?

Where was Pats fan before these guys came along?

Sickening.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tuckrules. Show tuckrules's posts

Oh for goodness sake are you kidding me! They're lucky that Patriot place wasn't torn down yesterday after that debacle. 

F them needing a 12th man! YOU NEED 11 MEN ON THE FIELD BEFORE THE 12TH MAN CAN BE EFFECTIVE!  (hey, I like that I'm going to make that my Sig.)

Peace.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Just thank God fan arn't allowed to bring guns to the Stadium.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Fans should not have booed yesterday:
    If ever the Pats needed a 12th man it was yesterday. The players heard the boos, I'm sure it didn't help. The Ravens heard them too and it probably energized them even more, especially when they were bragging about how much fan support they got yesterday. We can't win the SB every year but we can support our team even when we get our butts kicked.
    Posted by faninCT

If ever there was a team that deserved to get Booed at home in the Playoffs it was us yesterday. If I go into work tomorrow and do my job as bad as they did I hope the whole building boos me on the way out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I gotta agree that yesterday's game was worthy of booing.  Sometimes a team will get an a@$ whooping.  I can accept that.  We got that in New Orleans.  Yesterday wasn't merely a kick in the rear.  Yesterday it looked like the players were not even prepared for the game and were barely trying.  They came out flat as heck.  There were a few moments of good play, but far more moments of preseason quality football.  

I don't think I would have booed if I were actually at the game, but I understand those who did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

So now the Pats have no heart?

Frontrunning deuschebags -- the lot of you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Let see how long you last Leon.  It's 4:44 BDC time

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Gone in 3 minutes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Personally, I believe that the fans were partly responsible for the swagger that helped cause the Pats to "not want it enough" against the Giants in 2007.  The whole bit about telling everyone they're great when they're not; spinnning things out of proportion appears to be a progressive sickness in our society.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Hey Leon,  I'm not as cauls to losing as you are but yes it does Sux. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I didn't agree with the booing, but at least the team still had some chance when the boos came.  I guess it could have been motivating to some players.  I didn't like the empty stands at the end, though.  THe end of a home playoff loss should be a time for a thank you, not I'd rather get a jump on traffic than appreciate what you went through for us.  The Patriots clearly weren't as good as they have been recently, and that's why I don't see a point in booing them.  Why would Wilfork want to stay on for this region?  Now people want to say the team should get rid of BB.  You'd learn a lesson fast if he, and Brady, and Wilfork, and Mankins all went somewhere like Seattle where the fans don't act like spoiled brats.  Guess what, that team would be expected to compete, and the Pats would $^(k.
    "I paid $100 . . ."  Did you think Willie McGinnest was going to come out on the field, or Dillon, or what?  Before this BS I was surprised Weiss went to KC, now maybe I get it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Flaaco had a passing rating of 10.  The run defense, something that we're suppose to be good at, stunk.  Brady has 4 turnovers and looked like he'd never been in a playoff game before.  The price paid to see this debacle.  The list goes on.

Yep, boo your butts off.  It sends a message loud and clear to the owner, coaches and players.

I think it's the most unhappy I've ever seen Belichick on the sidelines.  He knew what he was watching.  A meltdown.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I've been a loyal fan since the early 70's when O.J. Simpson was running roughshod over us twice a year. I will continue being a loyal fan as long as there is a team in New England.

That being said, I would not have booed the team yesterday but I don't condemn the fans who did. The Patriots played poorly. Its the worst I've seen them play in a long, long time.

I don't think we've seen the last from Brady and Belichick. What a decade! Keep the faith!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

“We didn’t come to play, point blank,’’ defensive tackle Vince Wilfork said. “We never had a chance from the first play to the last play. We didn’t even play like it was a playoff game. More like a preseason game. We got beat up today. For them to come in here and do what they did, they could basically have been playing out there with a JV football team and they probably would have given a better effort than we did.’’

If you can't boo at that than what can you boo at.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

posted at 1/11/2010 4:19 PM EST

First: 1/4/2010
    Last: 1/11/2010

Just thank God fan arn't allowed to bring guns to the Stadium.

Wait a minute, players are starting to bring guns so why cant the fans? But seriously,

These players are called Pro's. Thats their job isnt it? sure you dont Boo yoru team just because they lose, but when half the team is playing like they could care less then I would like to throw more than words.

Its the fans money that pay thier wages, I think they have the right to show the Players and Ownership their displeasure with the product they bought and paid for. Good think this isnt Rome, the thumbs down and kill kill kill!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

They were down 24-0 at home in a playoff game. Who wouldnt boo a debacle like that? Brady deserved to get booed with the way he played. Ravens scored 17 points off turnovers.  Also Brady himself said that he'd boo if he was a fan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan32. Show patsfan32's posts

They deserved to be booed!  The Patriots were unprepared, outcoached, lacked any passion or fire, and looked like they wanted to be somewhere else.  This was a home playoff game and the pats should have been ready to bust thru a wall.  I was also not impressed by the leadership shown by the team captains.  I wasn't at the game but I was embarrased just watching the game from home.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

We showed up and cheered hard.  Every time we cheered hard, the team gave up a big play.

We booed because they QUIT.

YOU WOULD BOO TOO IF YOU PAID $180/SEAT TO SEE THAT SH*T.  KRAFT HAS A LOT OF BALLS TO RAISE TICKET PRICES IF THAT'S THE PRODUCT THEY'RE GOING TO PUT ON THE FIELD

LOVE IS NOT BLIND!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

Are you guys kidding me? Why shouldn't you boo a team that doesn't give a crap weather they go out there and kick ray Lewis's a s s or play like this game had meaning? They have no leaders left on the team Moss has obviously gone back to his thug ways and wolfork if your so upset at getting booed then maybe you have taken the time to get in every one's face on the sideline and told them they better start smash mouthing and not getting bi tched slapped around the field and i certainly didn't hear wolford say let me give my money back to the fans after that one no i'm sure he picked up his check with no issues or regrets. These so called professionals out there in today's sports are pathetic at best where did all the tough guys go?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

This quote says it all on the booing issue:

"I’d have been booing us, too, the way we played,’’ said quarterback Tom Brady, the man who best knows that this was not a team of nobility, effort, and hard work like the teams he led in the last decade.

Any more whines?