Fans Want No Encore Performance By Broadway Brett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In a recent poll, those ever fickle Jets' fans have stated that they want no part in an encore performance by "Broadway Brett" Favre. The majority opinion seems to be not to bring Favre back...and to try to draft the ever elusive "franchise QB" in the upcoming draft: http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spfavre-poll,0,5434306,post.poll

What say you, Leon??!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

Bring him back,please, the jets will continue to suck!!!!!! Cowboy Farve

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Mike Tannenbaum, Mike Tannenbaum

Your team of green delights us.

Mike Tannenbaum, Mike Tannenbaum,

Your drafting skills excite us.

You're toast, when summer days are bright

And playing golf when winter snow is white.

Your chances green delight us!

You give us so much pleasure!

Vernon Gholston is a treasure.

How oft in December's sight,

Gang Green quits without a fight?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

[Quote]

[/Quote]

LMOA! krismk has to be appointed Poet Emeritus of this site. Enjoy all the trappings that this title carries. I look forward with interest to more poetic stylings that feature other teams near and dear to the rest of us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Outstanding!

Just outstanding!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Rex will need lots of luck
    Because the Jets suck.
    And if Brett stays a Jet
    They'll be even worse.
    And Rex won't need luck
    He'll need a hearse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]

[/Quote]

Well done, Kris...LOL!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Favre is probably the best option of who they can get unless of course, some decent QB gets released to make room for Cassel, Sanchez, or Stafford. I could see Delhomme or Kitna being an upgrade for the Jets over Favre.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]Favre is probably the best option of who they can get unless of course, some decent QB gets released to make room for Cassel, Sanchez, or Stafford. I could see Delhomme or Kitna being an upgrade for the Jets over Favre.[/Quote]

Kyle:

After that horrific playoff performance against the Cards, DelHomme appears to be back-up fodder. Ditto with Kitna, who is not much younger than Favre.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

well, the issue isn't whether those two can play well, but whether they can play as well as Favre and do so at a much lower cost. that's the case and that's where the Jets could potentially do well if they release Favre. On the otherhand, they could get stuck starting Clemens and likely missing on their franchise QB. I do wonder how Sanchez and some of the other QBs affect the trade value of Cassel. I could see a team like the Niners feeling that they would want a QB in the first round, but that Sanchez or one of those others isn't worthy of such an early selection. Cassel could be one that they would feel ok trading for. On the other hand, there aren't many teams in the early teens that want a QB. The Niners could look to move back a few spots, grab an extra pick 2nd or 3rd round pick and still get Sanchez.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

OK, you guys asked for it:

The Mercurial Favre
    Mercurial Favre to NY is gone,
    In the ranks of Jets you will find him.
    His gigantic ego he has girded on,
    With his wild throws slung behind him.
    Land of Cheese! Said the warrior Favre
    Tho’ your GM betrays Me!
    One INT per game at least,
    Yet the fans still will praise me.
    The throws fell short, and ne’er moved the chain
    Yet the ego could not be brought under,
    The game he loved has passed him by,
    Season tickets were torn asunder
    He said "No plays shall restrict me,
    My game is meant to be wild and free!
    To hell with the OC’s slavery!"
    The Mercurial Favre will return again,
    When we hear the news we will cheer it!
    4 more teary retirement speeches at least,
    Good god, how I fear it!
    Winging passes far and wide,
    Knowing not for who it was intended.
    The bitterness of Jets fans ne’er will cease,
    Although the season has ended.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]well, the issue isn't whether those two can play well, but whether they can play as well as Favre and do so at a much lower cost. that's the case and that's where the Jets could potentially do well if they release Favre. On the otherhand, they could get stuck starting Clemens and likely missing on their franchise QB. I do wonder how Sanchez and some of the other QBs affect the trade value of Cassel. I could see a team like the Niners feeling that they would want a QB in the first round, but that Sanchez or one of those others isn't worthy of such an early selection. Cassel could be one that they would feel ok trading for. On the other hand, there aren't many teams in the early teens that want a QB. The Niners could look to move back a few spots, grab an extra pick 2nd or 3rd round pick and still get Sanchez.[/Quote]

Kyle:

Even a 40 year old Favre id better than DelHomme or Kitna. But, you're right about the cost. "Broadway Brett" is due $13mil. this season if he plays.

Let me digress for a moment and ask you this: "Just what is the proper value trade for Matt Cassel?"

Suppose that Matt was available to be selected in the upcoming NFL draft. Do you still think that Georgia QB Matthew Stafford would still be the top QB selected? Many draft pundits project Stafford to be the first player selected, overall. That being the case, if Cassel is rated ahead of Stafford, wouldn't he then be the first player selected? Matt is three years older, but has a full season as a successful starting QB in the NFL under his belt. Does that offset the three year difference in age? Add to this that Stafford stands under 6'3", while Cassel stands over 6'4".

Accordingly, I would argue that Cassel's value is at least equal to that of the #1 pick in the upcoming draft.

What say you, my friend?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

If a QB is taken first, Detroit is as dumb as they have been in the past. They will go for an OT

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]If a QB is taken first, Detroit is as dumb as they have been in the past. They will go for an OT[/Quote]

Mordecai:

Because the Lions are the Lions, I don't know how you can say that they will take an OL, with conviction. Perhaps they should take an OL is more accurate...LOL!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/26/peter-king-believes-favre-wants-to-be-a-viking/

will it ever end?now I would think if the vikings were in the need for a QB cassel could be there best option.favre would not be the anwser for them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

How bad are the Jets if a washed up torn biceps QB like Favre wants out!

The bigger question is why the Vikes would want Favre??

Tavaris Jackson could have thrown 22 TDs and 22 INTs if the Vikes let him toss it whenever he wanted to.

As a matter of fact hereare their stats over their last 522-4 attempts.

Jackson
    306 comp
    524 att
    58.4% 3442 20 TD
    18 INT

Brett Favre
    343 comp
    522 att 65.7% 3472 22TD
    22 INT

Explain to me why Minny would want to drop the $10mill or so Brett would demand to get the rehabbed version of a guy who threw like that?

They would be better off just hanging on to Jackson.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HessMent. Show HessMent's posts

Mine brain is knot wright pleaze forgive mine stupid

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]T pat-You Rang??Hi Gang!The question is to keep Brett or not keep to Brett.
    He's got to go.The experiment didn't work out as planned.The question is who the hell is going to be next years QB?Kind of the same thing that's going on up there...somewhere.
    [/Quote]

Finding a QB has got to be their top priority. My guess is that they'll try to talk Brett into coming back. After all, whats' the alternative? Kellen Clemens? Hey, maybe 34 year old Miami ex-rookie John Beck might be available...LOL!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from THEGREATgymrat36. Show THEGREATgymrat36's posts

Leon i dont know what your talking about, but i guess ill just go with the leon flow...You'll have to excuse my "new" nickname, why someone keeps getting good ol gymrat banned!!!! or signing in as me and getting me banned.....anyways i love how you "try" to bust my nuts, but you cant. This bickering back and forth is getting old, and very tiresome leon. So from now on if you cant talk about football (seriously) and not whineing or monaing about something, or talking bad about a patriot player or calling BB a cheater, then me schooling you every single minute is going to stop. Its getting boring!!!! Your stories are old, your antics are old, and you being you is old. So if you cant do that, then im sorry, im not down with the trolls if you know what i mean!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

I'd bring him back. From 4-12 to 9-7. Much improved offense with Favre at the helm. They kept OC Shottenheimer. Who says year 2 wouldn't even be better ? Had one of best offenses in the NFL (in the top 8 maybe).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

I here some rumors favre has his eyes set on Minn. stay tuned on the next episode of........"THE MAN THAT JUST WONT RETIRE"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Peter King was on PTI yesterday saying that Minnesota is probably the only team Favre would come back to play for, and if I'm Green New Jersey, I can't think of the first logical reason I would want Favre back. King mentioned that the team asked Favre to have surgery on his right bicep if he intended to come back next season and Favre said he would not. With this guy no never really means no, but I'm thinking it's finally over. He's gone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Umie79. Show Umie79's posts

[Quote]

[/Quote]

ROFLMAO........sung to the tune of "Oh Christmas Tree" I assume ?

Too funny.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/favrewaterboy.jpg" alt="favrewaterboy.jpg" />

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

I herd on WFAN the other morning that they are telling Favre that he is going to have to take part in the entire offseason program if he wants to be back next year.

They pointed out that Favre has not participated in an offseason program in 15 Years. Looks like the writing is on the wall for the most overated QB of all times.

Sections
Shortcuts