Fans who stand up and cheer for their team arent always drunk!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

Fans who stand up and cheer for their team arent always drunk!

After reading some of the replies to my original post - I would probably go back and change the title. A lot of you understood my general point but some of you have taken it too far and threw in your own agendas as well. The whole point is that in GENERAL the stadium is too subdued while we are playing defense. I did see Carolina call a timeout at one point because for the first time in a while we were really loud when they had the ball on their own twenty yard line. I would love to see more of this! I stand up and cheer till I ose my voice and I'm NOT drunk (because I have to drive), I do it because I am a passionate fan and support my team. In the old stadium it was naturally louder being that it was mostly a cement bowl with metal bleachers, but it also had a different type of fan in the stands that would stand and get behind their team by yelling while the opposing team is on offense. I think overly drunk, beligerent fans that scream obscenities and spill beer on people should be tossed and have their tickets yanked.  You dont have to be drunk to stand and yell or cheer, you just have to be a passionate fan.That was my point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Re: Fans who stand up and cheer for their team arent always drunk!

100% agree... I miss the old foxboro crowd at games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Clearly you were drunk and beligerant when you wrote that post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Fans who stand up and cheer for their team arent always drunk!:
    [QUOTE]After reading some of the replies to my original post - I would probably go back and change the title. A lot of you understood my general point but some of you have taken it too far and threw in your own agendas as well. The whole point is that in GENERAL the stadium is too subdued while we are playing defense. I did see Carolina call a timeout at one point because for the first time in a while we were really loud when they had the ball on their own twenty yard line. I would love to see more of this! I stand up and cheer till I ose my voice and I'm NOT drunk (because I have to drive),I do it because I am a passionate fan and support my team. In the old stadium it was naturally louder being that it was mostly a cement bowl with metal bleachers, but it also had a different type of fan in the stands that would stand and get behind their team by yelling while the opposing team is on offense. I think overly drunk, beligerent fans that scream obscenities and spill beer on people should be tossed and have their tickets yanked.  You dont have to be drunk to stand and yell or cheer, you just have to be a passionate fan.That was my point.
    Posted by dshort3333[/QUOTE]

You should try drinking at the games. You can cheer much louder and it makes you a more passionate fan. It also makes you a lot funnier, a better driver and a better dancer.

All kidding aside, somebody told me that beer at the Stadium was $7 for a small and $10 for a large. That would make me a sober fan in a hurry.

I used to have season tickets in the endzone at the old stadium. I drank plenty but I didn't scream obscenities or spill beer or start fights.(As far as I remember) However, there were plenty of those people in my section. There's no way I could bring a kid to one of those games. As far as the Noise level It seems like a lot of the people just want the Patriots to hurry up and win so they can get out of there. The thrill is gone a little.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

It seems most NFL teams have the same problems with fan enthusiasm.  I've seen games in other stadiums and from my point of view, the Steelers and KC Chiefs have the most passionate fans.  Cowboys, Colts, Giants, all have the same issues we have with the louder fans sitting in the nose bleeds.  I guess most fans have a difficult time keeping intensity for 110+ plays per game. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

That is great for you, I am glad that like me you dont drink at games but still manage to get loud and make noise thats great man but the point we were all making is still valid the "rich" people you were talking about who pay for their tickets are not the people who get overly drunk and cause problems. Its the "blue collar" fans you were talking about that get wasted and act like d bags. I agree too many yuppys get into the game and those same yuppys dont make any noise at all and i hate it but the key is finding a line to walk between the two so we can have loud fans and a great home field advantage but also not become the overly drunk and no class fans like the Jets. Just cause YOU dont get drunk at games does not make the point any less valid, the people you were referring to in your original post are the exact same people who get way to drunk at games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In Response to Fans who stand up and cheer for their team arent always drunk!:

I respect your right to have an opinion on this subject, but please allow me to say that I too have paid dearly for my seat.  And I concur that shouting and cheering-on one's team may very well bolster the team's spirit and have a negative impact on the opponent's ability to hear their offensive signals. 

BUT, having paid for my seat I would like to be accorded the right to sit and enjoy the game.  The whole game i.e. every play.  And, I do cheer vociferously for the present PATS players much the same as I've done since the days of Cappelletti, Garron, Parilli, etc.  So please don't assume the right to block my view whenever you feel like it.  If I wanted to stand during the game, I would have opted for standing-room-only tickets.  If you choose to block my view on 25% of the plays by standing up, perhaps you might be willing to refund me 25% of my ticket price.

Like me, you can holler, shout, and/or scream, if you will, and the volume will be just as loud sitting down as standing-up. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

You should turn in your tickets if you think standing up during the game is a bad thing. If you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

I had a guy sit behind me once and give me the whole "I paid for my seats and I intend to use them" and I will tell you what I told him, then you should have got better seats so you could be in front of me because in my section we stand.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

In Baltimore, they can't stand and cheer, because they are all drunk.  One of the worst venues I have ever had the displeasure of attending a football game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

It is what it has been and it's not going to change. 

Then again, if they continue on this downward slide there will be plenty of seat available in the coming years for the blue collar screamers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I've been to games straight and I've been to games with a great buzz and I was always loud either way and I didn't have to offend anyone doing it. If someone's out of control and not following the rules of the stadium there's an usher every five feet so let him know and stop whining.

And if you aren't standing and screaming on defensive third downs you're the ones dshort is talking about. In that case that type of fan piss*s me off way more than a passionate drunk screaming for his team.

Sections
Shortcuts