Fantasy Dilemma

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Fantasy Dilemma

I can think of no more an august body than this with whom to consult over my fantasy team dilemma.  

My 2 quarterbacks are:

1) Aaron Rogers (GB playing SF this week)

2) Ben Roethlisberger (Pitt playing Tenn)B

My 2 defenses are:

1) Baltimore (playing Denver)

2) Pittsburgh (playing Tenn)

Rogers is one of the top 3 QBs in the league but he's up against a pretty stiff D

Baltimore, despite the changes, promises to be a pretty respectable D but they're playing Denver

Thoughts?en Roethlisberger

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Fantasy Dilemma

You have the same 2 QBs that I have.

When asked after the war why he had seized the machine gun and taken on an entire company of German infantry, Audie Murphy replied simply, "They were killing my friends."

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/audie-murphy-2-1.jpg

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Who do you have on D, Babe?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Who do you have on D, Babe?

Bears and Giants.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Rodgers no question.  Play your studs otherwise why spend high picks on them.  As for the D I would go with Pitt easily.  Baltimore has a lot of new faces and they weren't a strong D last year for fantasy purposes.  Plus Locker sucks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

If you have Aaron Rodgers you always start Aaron Rodgers. Don't trick yourself into doing otherwise. 

I would play the Pitt Defense as the Baltimore/Denver game has a good chance of turning into a shootout. I wouldn't consider Baltimore an elite defense ang longer, and Tennessee is hot garbage on offense unless CJ feels like showing up early this season. Even then, I wouldn't start a defense going againstManning in a warm, early season game.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

10-4, pcmIV and magic.  Common sense prevails again.  Thanks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Hey ATJ, I face a similar dilemma on defense. I have Baltimore defense, but I picked up the Chiefs week 1 (not because I think they're good, but because the Jaguars are garbage) since I think the Denver game could be high scoring. I actually think Baltimore's D will be fine this year, but I think they may have a little trouble in their first real game together against a tough offense like Denver's. Therefore, go with Pitt.

Also, in my opinion, if you have Aaron Rodgers, you start him (unless he's on a bye).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rodgers should be on your bench during the bye week only.

Last year vs. SF, he threw for 303 yards and two TDs.

No defense is safe to play against Peyton Manning!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My gut told me Rogers, Ayyy, but this is like my 3rd attempt at this fantasy game (I'm speaking of foot ball here) and thought I might have been overthinking the matter.  Thanks and good luck with that Chiefs D.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

10-4, NAS.  Makes sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

And 10-4, Rusty.  I sense a consensus building here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

niners d, is going to be swarming all over Rodgers like angry wasps, after Matthews comments about hitting Kaepernick, and Harbaugh's whining about it all over the media.. No way does San  Fran allow Packers to come to their place and allow Rodgers to put up big numbers against them.  Big Baby Ben will put up decent numbers against a bad Titans defense, maybe better than Aaron. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The alternative perspective always welcome, Game.  Thanks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

The alternative perspective always welcome, Game.  Thanks.

I'd still take Rodgers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

niners d, is going to be swarming all over Rodgers like angry wasps, after Matthews comments about hitting Kaepernick, and Harbaugh's whining about it all over the media.. No way does San  Fran allow Packers to come to their place and allow Rodgers to put up big numbers against them.  Big Baby Ben will put up decent numbers against a bad Titans defense, maybe better than Aaron. 

#1 rule of fantasy sports:  Never bench your studs due to a matchup.

It'll be interesting to see if that holds true for this particular matchup.  I'm playing Rodgers with RGIII on my bench this week.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I like my quarterback s Kaepernick  (i have Boldin) and Flacco. so I think i  have some good options depending on what team they re playing. It will be interesting to see what RG111 does maybe good trade bait for you right now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

And 10-4, Rusty.  I sense a consensus building here.

Yeah, I am shocked NAS made a decent point about football for once, even if it is about fantasy.

You'll be kicking yourself if Rodgers has a good game. At the end of the day, each he and Roethlisberger may put up similar numbers, but it's hard to ignore Rodger's upside as opposed to Ben's. Each has lost key WRs, but Jordy Nelson is good to go.  I also don't trust Asmaougha in the nickel, to be honest. The 49ers seemed insecure annnouncing he won the nickel job after Culliver blew out his leg. Something smells there.   

There has to be concern with Baluga down and Aldon Smith on whoever their LT is, but I think they just give him help on Smith.

PLus, Week 1s, tend to be high scoring because teams have gameplanned for that opener for weeks, if not months.

Agree. Also need to keep in mind the rushing yards Rodgers might get if pressured and forced out of the pocket (it might not be a lot, but in fantasy terms, it can make a 2-3 point difference).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Did I mention my RB is Adrian Peterson?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Heh heh, looks like you got a good draft slot. I was 11th. BS.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

geez tough for you. let me guess you had the #1 pick and took Peterson , second pick Rodgers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Highly doubtful he will have a year like last season. But if healthy he should be very good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

How on earth did you get Rodgers and Peterson? 10 team league? 8 team? Get me in your league!

lol

QB is deep this year.  I can easily see Rodgers slipping to the end of the 2nd round depending on your league.  Depending on who was left on the board I'd consider passing on him at that spot.  The difference between Rodgers and Tony Romo last season in standard scoring was 3.5 points per week.  Much larger dropoff at other positions.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You get burned trying to play the matchups.  You play your Big Dogs every week!

Now, if I could only live by this advice myself, lol!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I participated in a draft last night with a decent amount of cash on the line (12 teams, 50 bucks per, winner take all) and ended the first 4 rounds with Doug Martin, Matt Forte, Brandon Marshall and David Wilson.  This a PPR league.  Pretty sure the rest of the league was drunk or something. 

Sections
Shortcuts