Fantasy Football Leagues (BDC.com) 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: Fantasy Football Leagues (BDC.com) 2014

In response to portfolio1's comment:

I know you guys love fantasy football but you do realize it is helping to kill the NFL right? It is making them put in another round of Peytonization turning the NFL into the NBA with a few blockers.

you've been listening to Mike & Mike too much. it's because--the Broncos got beat up in the SB. the legion of boom mugged them just as the Patriots did the Rams.  Sure Manning did his share of whining about it. and again gets what he wants.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I know you guys love fantasy football but you do realize it is helping to kill the NFL right? It is making them put in another round of Peytonization turning the NFL into the NBA with a few blockers.

[object HTMLDivElement]

We are but a speck of sand on the beach of fantasy football so might as well enjoy it.

Besides, we aren't the fantasy players that are causing this issue. We all know the game and enjoy watching in regardless of scoring. Whether my fantasy team wins with a score in the 80s (like in the early 00's) or in the 140s (like last year) doesn't bother me. What is causing these flags is the casual fans who wouldn't care about the game if the points weren't flying around, so don't lump all fantasy players together. That's sort of like blaming long time action movie fans for Micheal Bays over the top explosion movies at the expense of story. They enjoy action movies regardless of the explosion fest, Bay knows he already has them so he targeting those who want to leave a theater who say, my what amazing effects.

I am sure you are right and I was more lamenting the demise of football than anyone having some fun. Though the symptoms also boil over in discussions here when some fans assess players and teams (and BB) more based on their fantasy experiences.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Hey TFB12, I'm not sure how many are on the waiting list, but if the keeper league doesn't happen (which it doesn't look like it will) maybe you could offer a spot in benchwarmers to TheJuice1? He said he'd play in any league

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

you've been listening to Mike & Mike too much. it's because--the Broncos got beat up in the SB. the legion of boom mugged them just as the Patriots did the Rams.  Sure Manning did his share of whining about it. and again gets what he wants.

I think I have heard Mike & Mike for 5 or 6 minutes at a time a handful of times in the past 2 years. No, my comments are based on the money flowing through fantasy football. And I do not object to anyone having fun with it. I am more lamenting the demise of the NFL and football as it turns into basketball. And it does seem that fantasy football is a real factor.

A side effect is that many here base their "football" assessments on what seems to be a fantasy football basis even though they would never admit it or perhaps dont even realize.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I am sure you are right and I was more lamenting the demise of football than anyone having some fun. Though the symptoms also boil over in discussions here when some fans assess players and teams (and BB) more based on their fantasy experiences.

[object HTMLDivElement]

To me that's just a red herring. People have been asking for big name players long before fantasy football became popular and for the most part a lot of people like scoring regardless if they play fantasy football or not. In the end the O has been an issue in the post season (so has the D but less so in comparison to the O at times) so it's logical people would look for a solution to this problem. However, people always look for a scapegoat and fantasy football is an easy one. It's easy to dismiss someones argument for needing more offense when you believe it's because they play fantasy football so no need to discuss it further. Doesn't matter if they are looking at an O that falls apart in the postseason they just want fantasy numbers. If you keep a more open mind and listen to their reasoning you might find that fantasy stats have nothing to do with it as much as people either just want a player though know about or a player they see as a possible solution to a problem. I know we all love to see BB take a bunch of 2nd stringers and win games with them but you do need some higher level talent on the field when it's critical and that's been missing at times, can you blame people for wanting to find that upper level talent again in a league that seems to be driving more towards O than D?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Hey TFB12, I'm not sure how many are on the waiting list, but if the keeper league doesn't happen (which it doesn't look like it will) maybe you could offer a spot in benchwarmers to TheJuice1? He said he'd play in any league

TheJuice1 is next on my list, I think we will have a spot open for him. Let me look where we stand. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

TheJuice1 is next on my list, I think we will have a spot open for him. Let me look where we stand. 

Great. Thanks just let me know

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey BostonSportsFan111 have you got into the new Benchwarmers League yet?  I sent you the info via personal message under your BDC profile.

ApPats... I need you to change your profile on here to public so I can send you a message with the Starters League info.

Juice1, are you still interested in playing?  Can you commit to playing the full season?

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I have the 2 leagues set up. 

I sent private messages on here to Philskiw, HotBlitz, IrishMob with the Starters League info.  Please go in and join the league.  Let me know if you have any problems.

ApPats, your profile on here is set to private.  Please go in and change it to public so I can send you a private message with the Starters League info.

I emailed NEGAME2, BostonSportsFan, and Rocky the BenchWarmers league info.  Please go in and join the league ASAP.

I have some invites out already for the few openings we have.  If you mentioned you would like to play then go in and check your private messages in your profile.

Once everyone has joined the leagues we will set the draft dates and times!

[object HTMLDivElement]

Alright I changed it

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

Alright I changed it

Check your messages.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Alright I changed it

Check your messages.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Awesome I'm in!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Awesome I'm in!

Excellent! Thanks!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

Hey BostonSportsFan111 have you got into the new Benchwarmers League yet?  I sent you the info via personal message under your BDC profile.

ApPats... I need you to change your profile on here to public so I can send you a message with the Starters League info.

Juice1, are you still interested in playing?  Can you commit to playing the full season?

If the keepers league happens ill take the spot in that league only.  if it doesn't happen ill take a spot in this league. I only want in one league. Not both

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to SportsGenius1's comment:

TFB12 Put me on your stand by list if you will. Sportsbozo keeps egging me on....Bwahahahaha! I sent you a message at your profile.

Might have 1 more opening left if we don't hear from Zbellino.  I can't send messages to your profile for some reason but I did send you an email that you gave me a while back, haven't heard from you on that yet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

If the keepers league happens ill take the spot in that league only.  if it doesn't happen ill take a spot in this league. I only want in one league. Not both

Hey HomeCheese,  what is going on with the keeper league?  I would like to get this leagues ready to go so draft dates can be set.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

Hey HomeCheese,  what is going on with the keeper league?  I would like to get this leagues ready to go so draft dates can be set.

4 spots remaining. I'm waiting to hear from JoePatsFan. Or we can do a 10 team league, so 2 spots remaining. You're still playing in it right?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

4 spots remaining. I'm waiting to hear from JoePatsFan. Or we can do a 10 team league, so 2 spots remaining. You're still playing in it right?

Ok. I have 2 spots to fill in Benchwarmers League too.  Juice1 is waiting to see what happens with the keeper league.

Yes, I'm still in the keeper League.  Thanks!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Hey TFB...

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to organize and put it all together.

Very much appreciated.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

Hey TFB...

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to organize and put it all together.

Very much appreciated.

Thanks HOTBLITZ.

Thank you and everyone else who participates and helps get everything organized.  Certainly adds to the fun on here while discussing Patriots football!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

A week or two ago in John Clayton' mailbag column, a fantasy guy wrote in about his league prohibiting its members from drafting Ray Rice. He said the league was doing it to take a stand against domestic violence

No, I'm not kidding

Fantasy leaguers making political statements?

Okay, now Ive officially heard everything...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

A week or two ago in John Clayton' mailbag column, a fantasy guy wrote in about his league prohibiting its members from drafting Ray Rice. He said the league was doing it to take a stand against domestic violence

No, I'm not kidding

Yeah, I'm definately not drafting him. I can't root for someone like that to do well. If I drafted him, he'd be on my bench every week despite how well he is playing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No, I'm not kidding

I like it, lol. 

I noticed in my live draft last weekend where I got together with a bunch of friends, ray rice was passed on for a very long time until someone desperate for a rb finally took him. He went way, way lower then he normally would have. I certainly wasn't going to draft him. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

No, I'm not kidding

Yeah, I'm definately not drafting him. I can't root for someone like that to do well. If I drafted him, he'd be on my bench every week despite how well he is playing

[object HTMLDivElement]

Unless my connection cuts out and I autodraft him there isn't a chance I'm using a pick on him

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

No, I'm not kidding

[object HTMLDivElement]

Unless my connection cuts out and I autodraft him there isn't a chance I'm using a pick on him

hahaha wouldn't that svck! You wouldn't find anyone willing to trade for him

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

hahaha wouldn't that svck! You wouldn't find anyone willing to trade for him

[object HTMLDivElement]

lol depends on when it happens. In the 6th or early it would really suck, if it was like the 12th round, well just cut him and pick up a waiver, not a big deal.

Sections
Shortcuts