Fantasy Football Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Fantasy Football Thread

I'm just curious to see who has started already.
    When do you start?
    Has anyone started researching yet?
    Has anyone participated in any mock drafts?
    Has anyone had an actual draft yet?

I have yet to start anything official but the time is nearing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Fantasy Football Thread

Do you have any interesting team names?
    Would you select Tom Brady in the first round?
    Will you draft any Patriots players?
    Do you hate fantasy football?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I'm ready for" pats sunday brunch"  just waiting for TFB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Not yet.
    When do you start?

About 2 weeks before the season.

Of course!

Yep, no run on QB's like previous years. At least for now...

No, I would never join a leage that would draft this early; ie. Pitta and Maclin injuries

Contact TFB12 he is the commish for our forum league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Do you have any interesting team names?
    Would you select Tom Brady in the first round?
    Will you draft any Patriots players?
    Do you hate fantasy football?

Mendula Amendola is mine so don't think about taking it for anyone in PatsSundayBrunch league!

No, I would not be a homer and take TB12 early in the first round unless its like a 14 or 16 team league.

I don't over pay for Pats players, but it is nice to root for them on Sunday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Did you get the email he sent out this morning? I already contacted him about it but haven't heard back yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I sent out a league message this morning to everyone who played in the Pats Sunday Bunch league last season.  Check your emails or visit the league page.  There is also a poll on there for people to vote on something I posted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

[QUOTE]

Did you get the email he sent out this morning? I already contacted him about it but haven't heard back yet.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Freediro, I didnt read the entire thread before answering NEGAME.  I'm ready to get verbally abused by her during the live draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yes, started to get the league ready

When do you start?

Draft is probably week before labor day

Bought a magazine, haven't looked through it much yet

Nope!

Nope!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

a

and just got an email from TFB!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

If there's any openings let me know and I'll get you my info

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

If there's any openings let me know and I'll get you my info

Holy Lurker!!  Been here since 2009 and only 89 posts????

Ok, I will send you the address to send your money.  Oh, and you need to fed ex ice cold beers to everyone on draft day!

LOL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Hey TFB,

I'm still in. I'm on the league page but I can't find the poll , and I also can't get to email league or discussions. I get an error message saying I don't have permission.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Cyberknot's comment:

Hey TFB,

I'm still in. I'm on the league page but I can't find the poll , and I also can't get to email league or discussions. I get an error message saying I don't have permission.

That is odd, I will go take a look.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

I sent out a league message this morning to everyone who played in the Pats Sunday Bunch league last season.  Check your emails or visit the league page.  There is also a poll on there for people to vote on something I posted.

[/QUOTE]
    I'm on vacation this week. Haven't hooked the laptop up yet, but will check it in the morning.

The champ...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey TFB,

[/QUOTE]

I had problems last year on draft day too, almost didn't get in. I might have to give them a call.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I'm on vacation this week. Haven't hooked the laptop up yet, but will check it in the morning.

The champ...

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha!  The Champ!  I love it!  And the S talking already begins!!  No hurry, we know you will be playing this season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hey TFB,

[/QUOTE]

I had problems last year on draft day too, almost didn't get in. I might have to give them a call.

[/QUOTE]

My set up and screens are a little different because I get all the commish stuff showing up on my pages and menus. There should be a poll section under the league heading.  If not then scoll down on the main page and look through the discussions, it will show that I posted a poll and then you just click on the link.

As far as emailing the league, I am not sure if that is just a commish feature or if everyone has access to that.  Can someone else try and send a league email.

I'm not sure why you are having some problems.  I would almost suggest deleting you and then having you join again and see if that solves your problems.  But then I'm not sure you could have the same name, all the history would be with your old name, I'm not sure that would even solve your problems.  So that would probably be a last ditch effort approach. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

stock down  percy harvin  hip surgery recovery time.... 3-4 months

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Holy canolie batman! A 20 team league, with just 14 teams the waiver wire is already very very thin, 20 teams would be insane.

We could always start a second league hopefully make that one 14 teams also. Then at the end of this year, turn one league into a "big league" and the other into "minor League." It's done in fantasy baseball a lot.

So, for example, to keep it fair this year(2013) the two leagues play out like normal, but for next year(what would be 2014) the "big league" is reserved for the top 7 teams of each league(from 2013) and the bottom 7 teams of each league are sent to the "minor league"(for the 2014 year.) Then the subsequent years would follow the same pattern; ie., if you're in the "big league" you would need to stay a top 7 team or else you drop to the "minor league" the next year and the top 7 "minor league" teams would take their spots.

It requires a lot of fantasy team owners, 28, to be exact but you could always make the leagues smaller(10 or 12 teams each) if not enough people join. It's a fun concept, because it makes you not want to suck so bad you drop to the "minor" league, but I understand if it's something people wouldn't want to do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

I'm in a 12 team super flex (you can start two QBs) dynasty league  and we had our draft like two months ago.  It was an interesting format where you auction the first 5 position picks and draft positions for the remaining draft and then the rookie draft with a $200 pool.  

I slightly overpaid for  Brady because I never get him and think he will still be good for another 5 years and then Gronk and Brees were my other luxury items and I rounded out my top 5 with bargain basement players in Fitz and Macfadden.  So many good QBs went that Tannehill was the 3rd pick of what was essentially the 6th round and I felt lucky to get Blaine Gabbert in the 13th.  Blaine freakin Gabbert.  We have 30 man rosters with 5 man taxi squads and no kickers (our commish hates them).  It's a competitive league with an equal amount of friends and strangers.

I usually have the most Patriots because I know more about them than any other team.  I also have Dobson who I drafted at 2.03 in my rookie draft and Sudfeld who I grabbed off the waiver wire so I like my Pats as long as the value is there.

I think Dobson could be special so I'm glad I have him on board and would take a chance on Boyce as well as Amendola who will be awesome. Ridley and Vereen are both good plays this season, along with whoever lines up next to Gronk.  I would love for it to be Sudfeld, the anti-Hern.

And I always draft the Patriots D unless one of my league mates grabs them early to mess with me.  

Have fun and draft lots of Pats if you can.  They will remain an explosive offense as long as TB is under center.  You can bet on that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to kylerocks' comment:

I'm in a 12 team super flex (you can start two QBs) dynasty league  and we had our draft like two months ago.  It was an interesting format where you auction the first 5 position picks and draft positions for the remaining draft and then the rookie draft with a $200 pool.  

Very interesting, I was just reading about dynasty leagues today.  Thanks for posting.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I slightly overpaid for  Brady because I never get him and think he will still be good for another 5 years and then Gronk and Brees were my other luxury items and I rounded out my top 5 with bargain basement players in Fitz and Macfadden.  So many good QBs went that Tannehill was the 3rd pick of what was essentially the 6th round and I felt lucky to get Blaine Gabbert in the 13th.  Blaine freakin Gabbert.  We have 30 man rosters with 5 man taxi squads and no kickers (our commish hates them).  It's a competitive league with an equal amount of friends and strangers.

I usually have the most Patriots because I know more about them than any other team.  I also have Dobson who I drafted at 2.03 in my rookie draft and Sudfeld who I grabbed off the waiver wire so I like my Pats as long as the value is there.

I think Dobson could be special so I'm glad I have him on board and would take a chance on Boyce as well as Amendola who will be awesome. Ridley and Vereen are both good plays this season, along with whoever lines up next to Gronk.  I would love for it to be Sudfeld, the anti-Hern.

And I always draft the Patriots D unless one of my league mates grabs them early to mess with me.  

Have fun and draft lots of Pats if you can.  They will remain an explosive offense as long as TB is under center.  You can bet on that.

Good grief, that sounds like a lot of work, lol!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

[QUOTE]

Good grief, that sounds like a lot of work, lol!!

[/QUOTE]

It's only work during the draft then it's just maintenance during the season.  As a football junkie it's totally fun for me and I like to read a lot abut football and study it.  Its great when you uncover those players who can totally turn a franchise around and help make you a champion.  

I'm in another league that I have been in for 15 years that I finally won last year on the strength of  two stud RBs Martin and McCoy and Cam Newton and B Marshall from Chi. Had Gronk too and lucked into Pitta when Gronk went down.  It's sort of an oddball league where you can only keep 3 players each year and only 1 can be a RB.  Trying to decide now between keeping Gronk VS Marshall and then hoping I can grab Gronk at the end of the first round.  What to do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

hey TFB,

let me know if there is a opening in the fantasy pats sunday bunch lge!

ill join

thank you!

Sections
Shortcuts