Fantasy Football

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Fantasy Football

Anyone here into it? I'm thinking about doing it this season. Does that make me a loser?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Re: Fantasy Football

noooooooo!

I love fantasy football... it kinda consumes me during the season haha

makes games you wouldnt normally care about meaningful

really fun if you have a good group of people to be in your league

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Fantasy Football:
    Anyone here into it? I'm thinking about doing it this season. Does that make me a loser?
    Posted by KellieMB

fantasy football is awesome.....Make sure you study and use the internet resources to your advantage......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: Fantasy Football:
    In Response to Fantasy Football : fantasy football is awesome.....Make sure you study and use the internet resources to your advantage......
    Posted by m1021us

Thanks guys! I'm really trying to do this right. Studying a lot..I don't want to be the token girl at the draft that doesn't know what they're doing!

Any ideas for team names? I want it to be a little girly and a little Pats related. Give me a good name idea and I'll send you a present.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

noooooooo! I love fantasy football... it kinda consumes me during the season haha makes games you wouldnt normally care about meaningful really fun if you have a good group of people to be in your league
    Posted by rebels1520

How do you handle drafing players from a team you hate? I don't think I could ever draft a Jet....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Fantasy Football : How do you handle drafing players from a team you hate? I don't think I could ever draft a Jet....
    Posted by KellieMB

You have to suck-it up and change your mindset.....Make sure that you draft RB's that don't split time....there are many that are the sole back, and then you have the split backs and then the Yardage back and the Goal line back. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Fantasy Football : Thanks guys! I'm really trying to do this right. Studying a lot..I don't want to be the token girl at the draft that doesn't know what they're doing! Any ideas for team names? I want it to be a little girly and a little Pats related. Give me a good name idea and I'll send you a present.
    Posted by KellieMB

I like presents.....

How about the......I got nothing.... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I'm obsessed. I'd definitely be willing to join.

I never take a QB in the first two rounds. There are too many other important players to get imo. QB is fairly deep, so grab a couple running backs or wide receivers instead. There's a bigger point difference from the elite rbs and wrs than there is qbs, unless you wait too long and end up with Jamarcus russel...

Don't draft RBs over 30, they are usually going to have a bad year.

Draft consistent players you know will do well.

As for not drafting the Jets... there really isn't anyone to draft on the jets. Maybe LT or Greene, but there aren't any big names on that offense. You just have to take a breath and think about what's better for your team. It's tough having Reggie Wayne on your team when he's scoring against the Pats, but at least your fantasy team is doing well... right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Fantasy FB is just plain awesome.

Like everyone says, getting a good RB is critical. Just don't draft a split RB situation. If you are in a defensive player league, ILB on teams that stink are gold in your last couple picks. Of course WR's are a tad hard to judge but in the middle rounds high catch possession receivers will round out a solid core if you have a good QB and RB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Thanks for the advice everyone!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

RB's

Try to get at least one guy who isnt in a time share
    Jones Drew, Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Chris Johnson to name a few

I had Thomas Jones last year... It wasnt easy and i didnt necessarily root for him but I liked having him thats for sure

WR's
    Big play guys are fun but find some consistent performers. I had Desean Jackson for awhile last year. Won me some games but he is sometimes home-run or strike out... Get a big play guy but get a Hines Ward type consistent performer somewhere at WR

You will love it Kellie... its a blast.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

RB's Try to get at least one guy who isnt in a time share Jones Drew, Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Chris Johnson to name a few I had Thomas Jones last year... It wasnt easy and i didnt necessarily root for him but I liked having him thats for sure WR's Big play guys are fun but find some consistent performers. I had Desean Jackson for awhile last year. Won me some games but he is sometimes home-run or strike out... Get a big play guy but get a Hines Ward type consistent performer somewhere at WR You will love it Kellie... its a blast.
    Posted by rebels1520

Thanks! This advice is helpful, reading the books and websites is great, but having feedback from an actual human is better! I can't wait to get started!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Fantasy Football:
    Posted by KellieMB

no from the way that helmet looks filled out on you t-shirt you're not a loser