FA's : WHAT IS BB UP TO?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

FA's : WHAT IS BB UP TO?

24hrs into this feeding frenzy and pretty much the only morsels BB has thrown our way is the signing of a handful of undrafted Rooks and the axeing of TBC .

WHAT GIVES ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Re: FA's : WHAT THE F* IS BB UP TO?

BB has playing his normal game of sitting back and watching teams overpay players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

After the initial feeding frenzy -- Santonio Holmes? $10 million? Really? -- there are going to be quality players available who have overestimated their worth.

Watch and see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's all about value.  So many players right now are being over valued and teams are paying the price.  Bad for long term success for a team.  BB is looking over his options.  Found this tid bit on rotoworld, might explain some thoughts about making a move on a WR....

ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss suggests a wide receiver trade would be a more realistic option closer to the mid-October deadline than this summer.

Reiss believes the Pats would be more open to a trade if Deion Branch shows signs of slowing or if Brandon Tate, Julian Edelman, and Taylor Price prove unready to make significant contributions this season. Veterans Steve Smith, Vincent Jackson, and Chad Ochocinco have been connected to the Patriots at various points this offseason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

BB is all about what you can do within this teams structure. Not what you did before or what he can do for them money wise.He looks for fits to the Pats system.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Two possibilities.

1.  Nothing can be official until Friday, or signed for that matter so it has been suggested that announcing a contract prior to then may be premature.  Also it opens you up to other teams then putting in an offer since they know the number to beat.  So someone could offer Holmes 11mil per year tonight and it would be beat that now or bye.  Not that anyone would pay that much for Holmes but you know what I mean.  So, the Pats may not be announcing any handshake deals to keep them from going public.

2.  Waiting for the market to soften.  Which I think is a good idea if they want to get a WR or OL.  Because there are so many good players at those positions that jumping in now when you can get them for half as much in a week is just smart.  There's no way all the quality recievers are gone in a week there's like 15 big names, so far we have seem some seriously questionable contracts (Holmes 45mil, Johnson 72mil).  It is looking like an overpaying frenzy right now which was expected.  

Also by the 4th I think everyone has to meet the cap so there will be cuts soon and some good players there.  However I think if they want an OLB they probably should go for it sooner rather than later.  I don't see alot of other spots on the roster in need of help from the FA talent pool.  

Regardless, BB has been criticised every offseason since he was the HC except maybe 07 and he has still managed to win more games, and SB' than any other team so I will see how it goes and give him the benefit of the doubt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

captfoxboro- this is the most idiotic thread started in quite some time, and that is going some considering the crap CC starts. Do me a favor if you dont have faith in BB jump off the bandwagon and get on someone elses.

P.S. Dont start a thread just to add some gay poll.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

I clicked standing pat without looking at the other options.  He's working on Mankins, I would think.  then, then after the water clears a bit and the hyperoverpaying of players, he's gonna pick up a few players at realistic prices.  Homes for $10m?  really?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Like I said to Werrdowhat...   Pats brass do not talk it up.  Seems you want an "Enquirer" approach from the team because "you want to know".  I am certain they are doing their jobs to improve the team and the fans do not need to be in the loop 100% of the time as you seem to need.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

no one can officially sign FA's from another team unless they were released until Friday I believe (though they can have hand shake agreements which is what you are hearing. The Pats always keep things close to the vest so I'd search for the names that aren't being mentioned. If you don't hear a persons name in the papers and he's a high profile player then there is a chance the Pats are talking with him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BB-IS-BEST. Show BB-IS-BEST's posts

I think BB has a plan as to what exactly he is doing and who he wants to target. The only thing I'm wondering is if these rookies are going to get signed soon, they need all the time they can get. Anyone have news if any of the rookies showed up so far?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The rooks can't show up to practice until they are officially signed. However, with the rook pay-scale it should make things go pretty quick. I'm sure you'll hear about most if not all signed before practice but since you don't really need to negotiate with them as much as you use to might as well put them on the back burner until you've talked to the FA's you are interested in before they have a hand shake agreement with another team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Captain strikes me as CC .....think they may be the same

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Gay Poll ?

I share your admiration for BB , but I assure you it's strictly plutonic.

Personally , I think Belichick is just being his usual shrewd self by concentrating on in-house stuff and letting the fools rush in and over pay. 
      Meanwhile , he's probably in contact with a handful of select mid-tier guys that can add to the team w/o busting the bank . Guys that are looking to play for a championship team instead of just hauling in a big pay day.

PS - xday4x4 ...NOPE Im not CC .
    I might be guilty of overposting this week , but C'mon man - Im not in the Contrarian's league .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: FA's : WHAT IS BB UP TO?

seems you have to wait for Mankins to renegotiate to lower his cap number and also see if Light signs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Their roster has been pretty much set, he's waiting on the teams that have to cut players i.e. Dallas and Pittsburg and then go get the guys who he thinks fits right. There isn't a position on this team where you say they truly need a stud..it would be nice..

Bill follows the 'it's not the big deal', it's getting the right fit
    60maxpowero.com

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

I stand corrected.....I apologize.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

In Response to Re: FA's : WHAT THE F* IS BB UP TO?:
    [QUOTE]Captain strikes me as CC .....think they may be the same
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]
    if one of the options was some sort of metrosexual dig at Brady, then you'd be on to something

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It is possible that he is waiting to see what teams resign their own. I thought this was still the period where teams had exclusive rights?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Belichick should kick the tires to up the price on Asmougha (not that he really needs it) and others.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Loose lips sink ships. We'll probably hear some news on Friday.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Just hanging back waiting for the cap casualties...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The biggest problem is you're expecting news from the most tight lipped organization in football.  You're not going to know a thing until it happens or doesn't happen. 

One thing we do know.  The Pats do not get involved in feeding frenzies.  They will find someone who fits their system well and will be a sound contributor. 

I hope they go fix the OLB spot.  The Pats need a homerun here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to FA's : WHAT IS BB UP TO?:
    [QUOTE]24hrs into this feeding frenzy and pretty much the only morsels BB has thrown our way is the signing of a handful of undrafted Rooks and the axeing of TBC . WHAT GIVES ?
    Posted by CaptFoxboro[/QUOTE]
    The Patriots are doing what the good teams always do.
    Just like the Packers, Saints, Steelers, Colts etc...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sections
Shortcuts