Fatal Flaw or Correctible?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Re: Fatal Flaw or Correctible?

In Response to Re: Fatal Flaw or Correctible?:
    Bilicheck's defense are DESIGNED to give up yards between the 20's, they always have. the only thing that changes year to year is how many turnovers we get and how well we execute in the redzone on defense. The difference I see now is these playmakers we have during the season are not showing up postseason and making those some plays from regular season for whatever reason. I like the switch, but Im not sure we have playmakers on the line.  Ellis is servicable and so is Carter, but I think they are too long in th tooth to produce at a high level every week. Ideally, we would be able to insert Cunningham in Carters spot at times and get results and Ideally Brace would be making in impact inside when Haynesworth is going thru his issues...but our young guys are not getting it done right now..cant even stay healthy. I am disappointed in Brace , Cunningham, and to an extinct Spikes as well.  I am sad to see Chung out as he is our only consistent player right now...
    Posted by JayShizzle45

jay, i dont know abotu chung being the only consistent player, when on the field, wilfork, dowling and fletcher have been consistently good on d.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

The concept there is to not blow your wad scheming because it just gives the offense a look they can focus on. I am convinced BB doesn't show what he wants to show until he needs to have something or later in the year/playoffs. I call it baiting and I think there is no one better at this than BB. You look at LeBeau or a Capers style and it's attack, attack, attack. It works too, but it's hard to maintain. And the mental mind blast that is what BB does has a lingering effect on QBs during a game or in the next game. Lots of hesitation on some throws by most QBs that face a BB D in years past, yards or no yards. Everyone talks about yards allowed, and of course, it needs improvement, but it's also hard to convert in the red zone against good run D teams and it's hard to convert for offenses with a pass in the red zone. Look at Mark Sanchez's red zone ability. It's terrible.  If he isn't going for a score from 20 yards out, NY is settling for a FG.  I use this as an example, because it's not easy to pass for TDs in the red zone.  YOunger QBs struggle in the red zone, because it's more difficult to hit a receiver in those lanes. D's are much faster and more complex than college. So, if you have what it takes on D, you can pretty much hold teams to FGs some of the time, if not most of the time, depending upon how good your D is. BB's dynasty D had this down to a science.   Bend/don't break.  We know it works. There is LESS SPACE and VISIBILITY in the red zone for a QB as opposed to the middle of the field/in between the 20s. It didnt' matter if teams took 8 minutes off the clock if you held them to a FG. That wasn't good enough for the opponent, and then a high flying Colts team would walk away shaking their head, asking what just happened. What happened was, you ran into a well devised plan that was executed very well and you couldn't run the ball. If Brady and the offense doesn't turn it over, NE wins pretty much every time. Football was a game that was created from the concept of war.  It's true. All the concepts are there.  Some of the best generals in military history is what you find with BB.  Some liked to attack, attack, attack. That's PAtton.  Some were more methodical.  That's more like a George Washington.  BB is like a George Washington.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

King
    Nice post to counter my pessimism. Good military analogy; Did you ever think of changing you icon/handle to Von Clauswitz?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Aren't us Pats fans lucky to have these football geniuses from NYC care so much about our team's success? How can we not appreciate the expertise of fans of a team with such a long and storied championship history as the Jets.

Oh wait it's been 42 years

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE] Aren't us Pats fans lucky to have these football geniuses from NYC care so much about our team's success? How can we not appreciate the expertise of fans of a team with such a long and storied championship history as the Jets. Oh wait it's been 42 years
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Dude, I am a New Englander.

Anyway, the question returns: fatal flaw or correctible?