Faulk...why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Faulk...why?

The dude has been a major part of the pats for his whole career. Faulks injury/age has to be the reason why he has done zero for this team. His spot on the roster can be filled easily...I love the guy but everybody knows about his draw plays up the middle or his 3 yard runs. If BB is team first why is Faulk on this team?? IM A BIG KEVIN FAULK FAN BUT HIS TIME IS DONE??????? Please give me a good reason why he is on the team(i love everything he has done for our pats but)...i dont want to fight with anyone....give me one reason why he should take up a roster spot this season...true fans respond.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Faulk...why?

Leadership, clutch'ness, and experience in big-game situations.

'Nuff said.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Faulk...why?:
    [QUOTE]Leadership, clutch'ness, and experience in big-game situations. 'Nuff said.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

All fine except when they're countered by him losing a couple of steps. Does he know exactly how to get 3 inches beyond the first down marker and catch the low ball that the defenders can't touch? Yes. But can he still get out there in time when the blitzes are coming?

Bottom line is the jury's still out on whether he still has the physical skills to match the mental ones. That kind of knee injury is hard enough for a younger back to return and be effective. If he doesn't and decides to retire I'm hoping Kraft will find a way to keep him involved with the team so he can pass his years of experience on to the new guys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]Leadership, clutch'ness, and experience in big-game situations. 'Nuff said.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like 4 and 3. Sorry, I could not resist that. I agree with a lot of the people here. He has been an amazingly versatile player for this team for a long time, but his time is coming to an end. We have four young RBs and apparently none of the can be trusted to pick up a blitz?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]this is all favoritism. Im sure when Brady saw Faulk was ready , he told the coaches "lets get Kev involved" Hey, Kev is the last offensive skill player from the wonder years. Brady is trying to get back that magic. Faulk said he was DONE after the game(real sore) and thats because they filled his plate too much coming back from injury. IN the playoffs if he feeling good, I dont mind giving him some touches. He always gets positives yards on the draws and what happened to the screens?? That is his best quality
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you can call it favoritism. He's earned his chance to see if he can still contribute. If it becomes painfully obvious he can't and he still gets put out there then it will be favoritism. Right now I'm more interested in BJGE getting back in form from his injury. The weather is going to start going down hill soon plus making defenses having to account for him down inside the 10 opens up a lot of different ways to score.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Faulk...why? : Yeah, like 4 and 3. Sorry, I could not resist that. I agree with a lot of the people here. He has been an amazingly versatile player for this team for a long time, but his time is coming to an end. We have four young RBs and apparently none of the can be trusted to pick up a blitz?
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

It was 4th and 2, and he GOT it.  Refs took it back.  That is a cheap shot.  Kevin has been the man since the day he stepped on the field.  The fact that he is there in certain situations probably calms Brady down a bunch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]this is all favoritism. Im sure when Brady saw Faulk was ready , he told the coaches "lets get Kev involved" Hey, Kev is the last offensive skill player from the wonder years. Brady is trying to get back that magic. Faulk said he was DONE after the game(real sore) and thats because they filled his plate too much coming back from injury. IN the playoffs if he feeling good, I dont mind giving him some touches. He always gets positives yards on the draws and what happened to the screens?? That is his best quality

You talk about Brady as if he is both selfish and stupid.  And poweful enough to tell the staff what to do.  None of which appears to be true.  You should stop doing that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He has a lifetime pass, just like Troy Brown and just like Bruschi.

We can spare a spot on the roster given the amount of JAGs they usually have on the team.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]dave, i'm just making assumptions and it wouldnt be selfish on Bradys part it would be prejudice if anything.  You said none of it appears true but how do we know? I could be way off base or I could be right. You dont think Brady loves faulk to death and doesnt feel more comfortable with him in the passing game than Woody after playing together for 10 years? I didnt call Brady selfish or stupid, those are your words.  I just dont know why you chose them.  We dont have to agree but how did come to those conclusions based on what I said? All I said is that he maybe suggested to feature Faulk and they did so its not hard to believe. I know it wasnt Kev's idea as he said he wasnt expecting to play that long and was sore after the game.

I didn't say you called him that.  I said you talk about him as if he was.  You said  "this is all favoritism. Im sure when Brady saw Faulk was ready , he told the coaches "lets get Kev involved"
    Hey, Kev is the last offensive skill player from the wonder years. Brady is trying to get back that magic. Faulk said he was DONE after the game(real sore) and thats because they filled his plate too much coming back from injury.

Which implies he is both selfish enough to try to impose his will on the coaching staff, and stupid enough to think you can recapture "magic".  Brady is a consummate professional, always defers to coaches and carries out team edicts to the best of his ability, and has said time and time again he does what the staff tells him to.  This idea that he is pulling a Brett Favre running around Foxborough telling the team what to do implies he is selfish.  Stupid?  Well, stupid if he did that and thought he knew a player with a knee injury was ready to come back if no one else thought so, since he HAD a knee injury himself.  
    I'm sure you weren't attempting to insult Brady, but the picture you paint of him forcing the team to put Kevin Faulk on the field sure would make it true.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Hard to argue here.. I like Woodhead on the draw and catching the ball more than Faulk, but Faulk is better at blocking......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Faulk provides much better protection in the backfield then Woodhead or BJGE does.  Faulk can stay in and block, he can run the ball and he can catch the ball.  Why is he on the team besides being a great leader?  Can you say multi purpose back!  Maybe he can't run as good as Woody, maybe/mayve not as good receiving out of the backfield but he is more dependable blocking the prize possession TFB!

Why is this even a topic?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

TFB12 has it right. Faulk can run, catch and block out of the 3 down sets. He is good at all of that. You saw Woodhead try to block and TB was hit. That is a big play going the other way.

Faulk may not be in his prime but he is still valuable. If you do not see that then it is a very good thing you are not making roster decisions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

First off I think it's a bit too early to really tell if Kevin is not going to be able to help, he needs more time. Second of all, who the heck do we have in line to take his roster spot that will help this team? Anyone seen some of the guys they bring in as of late? I'm waiting for them to sign an undrafted free agent from the Dutch football league. 

Sections
Shortcuts