Fauria is AMAZING on the radio...makes up for Super Bowl Rally fumble

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Fauria is AMAZING on the radio...makes up for Super Bowl Rally fumble

I do a lot of driving for work, and usually listen to WEEI for many hours, and catch 2-3 hours of the midday show.

First off, it should have been Lou out, but that aside...Fauria is the most entertaining personality that I currently listen to. I waited a few weeks to see if it would last. He's filled in plenty of times before, and I always enjoyed him for a day or two here and there. He is absolutely hilarious. He doesn't mind making fun of himself (he had a fake recording done of Brady throwing him a game-winning TD pass into triple coverage for their opening...presumably to be equal to Lou's legit first AB HR call at Fenway), or ANYone else. He's a cali-bred guy, and he has all the goofiness that you'd expect. He's is CONSTANTLY happy (w t f is wrong with west coasters?) which is a breath of fresh air. He's insightful, especially about football where I've learned he is INCREDIBLY smart. But other sports as well. He doesn't just throw opinions out there, he gets facts and stats to back it up, which I couldn't appreciate more. He always has great stories...yesterday talking about parents and how insane it is that they drop their kids off (5 year olds) to his child's bday party and just leave with no mention of: allergies, medical issues, and IF THEY CAN SWIM (was a pool party...some kid jumped in...and couldn't. The lifeguard grabbed him...to which Lou asked "where was the party"..."At my house!"...."and you hired a lifeguard?"..."For situation just like this!!!!"...hilarious back and forth).

Super Bowl Rally fumble, you ask? Fauria was here for the 2nd and 3rd SBs. The 2nd, 2003, was the FINAL downtown rally for a Champion. Anyone who witnessed those knows how special they were. The "Rolling Rally" is nice and all...but it does not compare to the presence on stage, the dancing, loose, out-of-character images we got to see. Milloy and Law once got Kraft to dance! Dancing may be a stretch...could have been an undiagnosed seizure. I'll never forget the mic going to the back...then over the speakers you hear..."BINGO! ... WE GOT BINGO! .... WE WIN AGAIN!" Troy Brown comes through the throng of players, proudly takes off his sunglasses to show the damage a Dan Morgan cheapshot knee did and says "2 black eyes never felt so good!". 

At some point, the mic goes to Fauria who has one of his kids on his lap. He take sin the crowd with that west-coast smile....and says "Jyeeeeaaaa". Then he says it again. What in the holy fking name of god was that? I don't remember what he went on to say, I just remember that ridiculous opening he had, and it's been forever burned into my memory as a huge "W T F" moment.

I think I have to call in at some point and get what was going through his head. Was he just overwhelmed? Did he, like Kraft, suffer a momentary, undiagnosed seizure?

Welcome back to Boston Fauria!

side note: Fauria was on the set of ESPN when RG3 was being questioned as a "cornball brotha" by that cornball brotha bowtie wearing goof who's name is escaping me at the moment, and I care too little to google. Pretty funny. Rob something....Parker? Who cares.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Fauria is AMAZING on the radio...makes up for Super Bowl Rally fumble

Great post!  I will have to look into seeing if he has a podcast that can be downloaded, I would like to listen to it. I always enjoy him when he makes appearances on tv, nfl network, espn, etc.  that would be awesome if you called in and asked him about that celebration moment, I would enjoy to hear his answer. Yeah, he is a west coast dude, we are typically all fun natured, lol. 

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

I know everyone here hates espn.  but stugats.  gottilieb.  (spelling)  on espn radio are amazing.  They are not forced to espn's agenda so the bias is removed.  the constant talk about tebow or other toons are limited. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

I know everyone here hates espn.  but stugats.  gottilieb.  (spelling)  on espn radio are amazing.  They are not forced to espn's agenda so the bias is removed.  the constant talk about tebow or other toons are limited. 

Not everyone hates, just the uninformed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I am the Anti-ESPN President. I will admit that SVP and Russilo are one of my favorite shows on the radio. Can't stand Mike and Mike or Colin Coward, and that ex-wrestler dude is an absolute waste. 

Am not familiar with Doug Gottlieb's show.

TFB - Fauria is the full-time host with Lou and some guy named Benz. Weei puts shows up on their website, not sure about downloadable versions, but you can definitely stream it for free. He's just very enjoyable to listne to. A quip from today, a woman calls in and starts with "Now I don't know much about sports..." Fauria chimes RIGHT in: "Well, you called the right show!"

One thing I did not like about Mut was he could be bullied by Lou. Not intentionally, but Lou has very strong opinions, and Mut would tend to fold when they disagreed. Fauria does not do this at all and will go toe-to-toe with him.

A few weeks ago they had a discussion about who was the mentally tougher athlete: football or baseball players. That was awesome radio and I implore anyone who like sports talk to look up that day. It came up off and on all day, and still gets referenced. In my opinion, Fauria crushed Lou. But it was a great debate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

I do a lot of driving for work, and usually listen to WEEI for many hours, and catch 2-3 hours of the midday show.

First off, it should have been Lou out, but that aside...Fauria is the most entertaining personality that I currently listen to. I waited a few weeks to see if it would last. He's filled in plenty of times before, and I always enjoyed him for a day or two here and there. He is absolutely hilarious. He doesn't mind making fun of himself (he had a fake recording done of Brady throwing him a game-winning TD pass into triple coverage for their opening...presumably to be equal to Lou's legit first AB HR call at Fenway), or ANYone else. He's a cali-bred guy, and he has all the goofiness that you'd expect. He's is CONSTANTLY happy (w t f is wrong with west coasters?) which is a breath of fresh air. He's insightful, especially about football where I've learned he is INCREDIBLY smart. But other sports as well. He doesn't just throw opinions out there, he gets facts and stats to back it up, which I couldn't appreciate more. He always has great stories...yesterday talking about parents and how insane it is that they drop their kids off (5 year olds) to his child's bday party and just leave with no mention of: allergies, medical issues, and IF THEY CAN SWIM (was a pool party...some kid jumped in...and couldn't. The lifeguard grabbed him...to which Lou asked "where was the party"..."At my house!"...."and you hired a lifeguard?"..."For situation just like this!!!!"...hilarious back and forth).

Super Bowl Rally fumble, you ask? Fauria was here for the 2nd and 3rd SBs. The 2nd, 2003, was the FINAL downtown rally for a Champion. Anyone who witnessed those knows how special they were. The "Rolling Rally" is nice and all...but it does not compare to the presence on stage, the dancing, loose, out-of-character images we got to see. Milloy and Law once got Kraft to dance! Dancing may be a stretch...could have been an undiagnosed seizure. I'll never forget the mic going to the back...then over the speakers you hear..."BINGO! ... WE GOT BINGO! .... WE WIN AGAIN!" Troy Brown comes through the throng of players, proudly takes off his sunglasses to show the damage a Dan Morgan cheapshot knee did and says "2 black eyes never felt so good!". 

At some point, the mic goes to Fauria who has one of his kids on his lap. He take sin the crowd with that west-coast smile....and says "Jyeeeeaaaa". Then he says it again. What in the holy fking name of god was that? I don't remember what he went on to say, I just remember that ridiculous opening he had, and it's been forever burned into my memory as a huge "W T F" moment.

I think I have to call in at some point and get what was going through his head. Was he just overwhelmed? Did he, like Kraft, suffer a momentary, undiagnosed seizure?

Welcome back to Boston Fauria!

side note: Fauria was on the set of ESPN when RG3 was being questioned as a "cornball brotha" by that cornball brotha bowtie wearing goof who's name is escaping me at the moment, and I care too little to google. Pretty funny. Rob something....Parker? Who cares.

Great post ma6.  The part about the pool party for kid, yeah I can totally hear him going off on this...amazing how some parents simply don't care or just are oblivious to anything.....Fauria is good!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

You forgot to add the principled to your list of haters. That should have been the uninformed and the principled. Though I doubt the uninformed hate ESPN.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I haven't listened to him since he got the full time gig - and I didn't realize he got that spot - shows you how much I listen to weei nowadays. Sounds like he has improved a lot, when he was a fill in I thought he came off sounding a little goofy and he just wouldn't stop talking, but a lot of those guys start off like that...I'll have to check the show out again. I liked listening to mut - I barely have any opinion at all on Maloney - he seemed like he was just filler, so it sounds like Fauria and Maloney together may be the right mix. Lord knows Weei needs to do something right, things are bad when Dennis and Callahan are your best show.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

You forgot to add the principled to your list of haters. That should have been the uninformed and the principled. Though I doubt the uninformed hate ESPN.

Will also add cheap. Whomever doesn't have insider and forming an opinion on TV only, is missing 75% of the content available

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Will also add cheap. Whomever doesn't have insider and forming an opinion on TV only, is missing 75% of the content available

Sorry I don't want to throw down money to read mostly opinionated stuff like ranking players or rosters or what player is going where.

I think it's ridiculous they want us to pay. Sorry. I'll stick to finding these things out on other free sites.

I like their stuff on the internet, but I cant even read half of it which is annoying. I don't watch Sportscenter much. The espn I'll watch is espnnews because its fast and they cant screw around, sports reporters, and nfl insider/primetime/etc

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Sorry I don't want to throw down money to read mostly opinionated stuff like ranking players or rosters or what player is going where.

I think it's ridiculous they want us to pay. Sorry. I'll stick to finding these things out on other free sites.

I like their stuff on the internet, but I cant even read half of it which is annoying. I don't watch Sportscenter much. The espn I'll watch is espnnews because its fast and they cant screw around, sports reporters, and nfl insider/primetime/etc

Joe, thats fine, to each their own. 

But people should not criticize because of a bozo on TV or because they charge for content

Vast amounts of info, not available anywhere else. 

Sorry you dont appreciate it. Have you ever tried it? I usually subscribe and donate my service to military personel. I dont really follow who is who on this board other than the resident moron, but there are a few here who appear to be in the military, are you?

Sections
Shortcuts