Favorite Cereal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Re: Favorite Cereal

What no Go Lean crunch?  It's got 12g of fiber per serving, and I wash it down with Organic 2%.  Mmmmmm....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

End of story:  Don't know what they're made of nor do I care....THE cereal to die for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

i think Tebow would make a better macaroni than a cereal. anyhow where's Life at? also Grape Nuts wins for the hardest/most abrasive because it's the only cereal you can crack teeth with

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite Cereal:
    In Response to Re: Favorite Cereal : what about cocoa puffs?
    Posted by kansaspatriot

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbalance617. Show jbalance617's posts

Has to be lucky charms... They are
    magically delicious...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Has to be lucky charms... They are magically delicious...
    Posted by jbalance617

they're for girls

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite Cereal : First, great post...they probably became Thesbians; Personally, I woulda diverted their attention by sayin' I was holding a triple feature in the bottom galley Beginning with the zanny girl-power of " Thelma and Louise ", followed with Bette Midler's inspirational tear-jerk'r " Beaches ", and finally the street-h# gets made of " Pretty Woman ", AND I was serving mini-cucumber sandwiches during intermission...Then I woulda locked the door and set sail for Lesbos. Which quite clearly brings me to Breakfast cereals...See, I don't eat breakfast.  YET, Breakfast IS an extremely important meal, in order to set your body up to make it through the day ...So, you really should put somethin' in your system, right?  For me, Breakfast usually consists of either a Cohiba with a Ct shade wrapping, or a Montecristo in a Dominican wrap...AS both cigars are somewhat sweet and smokey medium-light bodied, but overall are extremely clean, and smooth smokes. I find that either takes the place of oatmeal & a half grapefruit in order to start your day off fresh and on the right path of health and well-being.  I almost always try to enhance their quality with the zip and light, tastey citrus-seltzer zing only trully found from within cream soda (I have 2-3 glasses or bottles usually)- Which, of course, takes the place of bland, boring orange juice.  Overall people, it would behoove ALL of us to start our days of right.  And understand, I will  always be the first, to lead by example when I offer some such advice...  Overall, I ain't some heathenous unhealthy sl0b that's going to begin their day with some full-bodied maduro like Onyx, Romeo and Julieta or La Flor Dominicana, washed down by a Root Beer or Coca-Cola.  Please, ya gotta have at least some sense of well-being to ya...c'mon now, a person's body is their temple, and startin' the day off with that latter combo, simply screams-uncaring glutton.   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Cohiba makes a medium to light body cigar?  Nasty things, Cohibas.  Avo is a nice starter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Cohiba makes a medium to light body cigar?  Nasty things, Cohibas.  Avo is a nice starter."

Garytx and ALL:

When I first began smoking cigars avidly roughly only a little over 2 years ago, Cohiba was 1 of the very first brands that I tried early on...And I HATED it.  Recently, however I decided to buy a rather decently priced 5 Pack of Cohiba pequenos in a tin, and I found them simply excellent.  It was like trying them again for the very first time, And personally I was somewhat surprised by the cleaness of their smokey flavor...  YET, I can completely understand why I was taken back by it originally.  Cohiba has a clean tight draw with some sort of oaky-wood flavor that CAN come off as kinda weird, almost ashy even (very different though from  cigarette "ashy").  See I actually, was even more surprised by the facts surrounding this particular Cohiba's make-up:  It had an excellent Dominican cuban seed long filler, which I simply love (no surprise), with a Jember bl^nt binder (somewhat surprised to find out that Jember binders are some rare Indonesian inner wrapping)-BUT check out it's outer wrap: Cameroon (which I UTTERLY despise...but strangely excep in 1 single cigar=Cohiba).  VERY unique in it's qualities, so ya tend to have an absolute opinion on Cohibas upon smokin' one.  I'd compare it to unkin Donuts Coffee imo (LOL)-cream but very light sugar.   

NOW, IF ya wanna get on my bad side, throw me a Cameroon Cigar (exception with Cohiba)...  Cameroon is like a mixture of the just ridiculous excessive boldness of a Polish Gurhka Cigar, with overall taste, clarity and even moreso-the aromatic goodness ONLY found in a 3rd Worl Latin Sweat Shop.  To me at least, simply the highly pungent smell of rot and decay of some carcass in a summer sun, Is unbearable.  
         In a way, it sorta reminds me of some of the cheaper Romeo & Julietas...imo, a totally overrated brand whose quality jumps ALL over the board from cigar to cigar.  Good Case: moderate mixture of several varying aspects that make other brands good, found in 1 smoke... Bad Case: Those moderate-bold aspects of taste, aroma, etc., Simply make R & J's far too complicated to get a clean, smooth feel for ANY single decent aspect...NOT overtly extremely pungent, or rich, or flavorful, YET simply attempted to cheaply marry so many of these aspects at just Bold-enough qualities throughout, to get zero love for any 1 quality.  And again, far too varying between each and every Romeo & Julieta. 

ANOTHER brand that I tried very early on was CAO.  I stuck with the standard Brazilias.  Later on, I shyed away from them, because well-I guess it's sorta CAO's the exact opposite of Romeo & Julieta's-Too simple, very, very clean...At Best: Extremely easy smoke, well put together Mild-at-most-Medium bodied cigar, & always consistant in that...just an excellent cigar to begin with for a non-cigar lover imo.  At Worst: Far too simple within the groupings of the flavor, aroma, & other aspects, almost industrial in a sense.  Yet again hough, I recently came back to see what I thought about CAO's=Very Impressed.  I tried a couple Italias and a CAO Gold, and I was simply taken with them all over again.  Alot of people go with the CAO Golds, and I enjoyed them too...BUT I personally was far more impressed by the Italias, for they had that almost too squeeky-clean aspects BUT there was a far lighter taste and smoke=usually not a good thing with NO boldness/unique raits in any 1 aspect-YET underlaying that scent was an almost very light flowery scent, and underlaying the taste was a lightly sweet delicious taste...Excellent imo.

Personally, IF a novice conquers the CAO's and is ready for a different challenge, I'd go Sancho Panzo OR especially Jose Gener.  BOTH, very affordably priced..Gener being a little more expensive.  Panza, very conservative and easy medium-at-most medium to just a speck of boldness in its simple qualities (simple yet richer aspects than CAOs imo)...Both Ct Shade wrap and Ct Broadleaf binder usually=can't go wrong, Rich, Clean & simple but plays an almost too standard game imo...Just a ridiculously good price though per.  Jose de Gener are intriguing to me...It has certain aspects I found drawn to within Cohibas as of late:  Medium bodied and both have certain richness in aspects- Jose de Gener is a speck lighter, and rather than a novel smokeyness like Cohibas, it has some sort of light & fresh almost fresh-spice-rack at a distance- aspect (lol).  

~Alright, I could go on and on (and you ALL know I do)...  Personally though, Ya CanNOT go wrong imo on smaller La Gloria Cubanas & the Sancho Panzos on their price and rich yet medium build.  Ashton and especially Montecristos on their elegantly simple qualities and just total smoothness in a medium-medium-light cigar.  Same goes for Arturo Fuentes=Very relaxable easy cigar to smoke-Very similiar in smooth crisp light medium mildness, but even moreso with an Ashton Cigar imho (Montecristos are so smooth and easy goin' that I could have 'em for breakfast...oh-I do).   Too much with those 4 choices?  Then head to Cohiba's smokey medium-medium-light build OR CAO's overly clean standards.  BTW, garytx IS correct...Avo, moderately priced (somewhat expensive).  Avo is a very clean medium-medium-light bodied cigar with some sort of very light woodey-aspects to it...NO surprises and NO crazy too-unique shocks to your system.  STILL, too much, but need a decent medium smoke at the right price?  Perdomo brand is your absolute choice here.  They're an unreal price.  I recently came across some Perdomo Champagnes in a great Torpedo wrap (ring gauge-i.e. overall width is pretty big though).  The Champagnes were Medium bodied, richer, fuller smokey flavor-something sorta like a campfire (but NOT a bonfire lol).  Just a little, but always superb price, construction and very slow burning cigar for it's clarity are those Limited Edition Perdomo 2's (I believe)-More squared edges, with the Maduros having a bright red 2008 sticker, and the lighter ones being 2008's with a bright yellow tape (size is usually Churchills I think).  Something tastier and bolder, but NOT overtly dark?  Try Rocky Patel...they make some insane stuff imo.  Good price, and not crazy complex is Rocky Patel The Edge (they even make a light one).  But ya wanna expeience a "true" Rocky Patel?  Gotta go with the Patel Decades.  Seriously, It is so clean but so unbelievably complex in taste and flavor, you'll be blown-aback.  BUT, don't begin with a Patel Bros.  You'll come across thinkin' it's somewhat chalky and simply idk...weird.  Later you'll start to appreciate how crazy complex it is-from earthy, gardening aspects to even spices and tiny hints of even the cocoas of cinnamon's & chocolate's...unreal.  But hey, ya want something medium-medium-full like a Rocky Patel, but ya don't think "clean but very, VERY complex & creamy aspects", right?  One of my earthly delights is smokin' a La Flor Dominicana double ligero in a small chiseled torpedo wrapping.  Evening-Afternoon Cigar...not a cup of espresso, more of smooth, lighter-than-Patel creamy mountain coffee (from the Andes, lol).   With a double ligero name, you'd think it'd be too rich, but it ain't.  Something even darker and very well priced is Onyx.  Medium-full-Full bodied-not creamy but dark and full-bodied, but still a clean smoke.  No complexities, sometimes a good and a bad quality of Onyx brand imo. 

~Overall STEAR CLEAR of the Alec Bradley, Cusano, Kristoff & Excalibur line because I gave you ALL some great NON-$15 per Cigar Choices that absolutely hold up to any Bradley or Excalibur.  Stay away from the absurd cameroon-esque pungent and totally varied between each cigar qualities within Romeo & Julietas.  Smoke a cr^ddy Macanudo, H Upman, Punch and lastly Partagas or Don Diego ONLY because the Country/Golf Club has the same bland, limited & boring-#ss Humidor selections for the past 50 years (and smoke them in THAT exact order).  Finally Trinidads are like awful Perdomos for the same price and Te-Amos are like very bad Trinidads.  Lastly, Acid-brand cigars smell and taste like scented candles, so ya should consider a s#x-change there. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

quisp was my favorite when I ate cereal...but cereal is very high on the glycemic index...so laz is probably correct in saying a cigar is healthier at this point...

so if i ever eat it now it is fiberone with raisens...haha

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Quisp was my favorite when I ate cereal...but cereal is very high on the glycemic index...so laz is probably correct in saying a cigar is healthier at this point."

Hmmm, Did not know that jcour.  Honestly, for @ 7 years prior time I smoked cigarettes, and after taking up a 2, maybe 3 cigars a day instead, I feel far better (honestly).  Taken together with the fact that you're not fully inhaling a cigar coupled with the knowledge that any decent cigar isn't going have that crazy number of freak-poisons they place in a cigarette's filter (and now with your glycemic thought)- Makes me even FURTHER sold on the healthiness of smokin' cigars...  Sure, minorly less chance of lung cancer, but greater chance of mouth cancer, MEANS you'll be able to still climb stairs without an oxygen tank AND probably STILL smoke cigars through your thoat tube after they take out part of your jaw...Overall, It becomes a no-brainer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

i have Tim Tebow every mourning (; lmao

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Nobody has mentioned "Colon Blow" cereal?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

hers another of my favorites:

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

As the Newsboys sang in "Breakfast"

When the toast has burned
    And all the milk has turned
    And Captain Crunch is waving farewell
    When the big one finds you
    May this song remind you
    That they don't serve breakfast in hell

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

flutie flakes anyone??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

leaves a bad taste in your mouth

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Joey Porter (smack) Mercury Morris (crack) Rickey Williams (pot)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The pebble format doesn't stand up to milk, it has the consistency of oatmeal after 30 seconds.  Lucky charms are good but when you run out of charms your left with catfood.  Count Chocula has both marshmallows and chocolate cereal but it's pretty rich. Honey nut cheerios are always a good standby. Here are my top 3:

3.  Cinnamon toast crunch- Just good, stays crunchy.

2.  Golden Grahms-  Simple, the same format as Cinnamon toast crunch which maintains the right level of crunch, doesn't feel like a mouth full of sugar.

Captain Crunch with berries-  When they came out with Captain Crunch with berries it took it to the next level. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"The pebble format doesn't stand up to milk, it has the consistency of oatmeal after 30 seconds.  Lucky charms are good but when you run out of charms your left with catfood.  Count Chocula has both marshmallows and chocolate cereal but it's pretty rich. Honey nut cheerios are always a good standby. Here are my top 3:
    3.  Cinnamon toast crunch- Just good, stays crunchy.
    2.  Golden Grahms-  Simple, the same format as Cinnamon toast crunch which maintains the right level of crunch, doesn't feel like a mouth full of sugar.
    Captain Crunch with berries-  When they came out with Captain Crunch with berries it took it to the next level
    ." 

I'm NOT even joking here, but this is actually such a brilliantly reasoned set of tenets, THAT I'm actually considering changing my dedication to the L- Charms...   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Where did harley's posts go? They were a riot!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

0o0o0o0o golden grahams and ciniamin toast crunch is the best mixture ever!!! f u have some at home try it!!!! you will not be dissappointed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

" The pebble format doesn't stand up to milk, it has the consistency of oatmeal after 30 seconds.  Lucky charms are good but when you run out of charms your left with catfood.  Count Chocula has both marshmallows and chocolate cereal but it's pretty rich. Honey nut cheerios are always a good standby. Here are my top 3: 3.  Cinnamon toast crunch- Just good, stays crunchy. 2.  Golden Grahms-  Simple, the same format as Cinnamon toast crunch which maintains the right level of crunch, doesn't feel like a mouth full of sugar. Captain Crunch with berries-  When they came out with Captain Crunch with berries it took it to the next level ."  I'm NOT even joking here, but this is actually such a brilliantly reasoned set of tenets, THAT I'm actually considering changing my dedication to the L- Charms...    
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

I concur - I've been a Honey Nut Cheerios guy for the past few years, but they do get soggy if you don't eat them quickly.

I had no idea what we stumbled upon with our cereal discussion.  I only wish I could have added more than 10 options to the poll

Sections
Shortcuts