Favorite Play of the Night

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Favorite Play of the Night

Mine was the Stallworth TD.  They just signed him this week, Brady drops a dime to him up the seam, and he gets to the house.  How cool was that?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Agreed. It doesn't have to happen a lot, but if Brady has a chance to gain 5+ yards by running it himself over trying to wait for an open man, he should take it. 

Just remember to slide though :).

My personal favorites the Stallworth TD and the Lloyd TD (beautiful PA), but I enjoyed seeing this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

lloyd TD. Completely sold the play action and nearly everyone committed to the run, just a well designed and executed play. Same with play to Woody (minus fumble by Watt) blocks all over the place.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The D turned the Houston offense into one that was gradually becoming predictable. Great situational football.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Brady's scurry up for that 1st down.  Bout time!  Finally! It reminded me of 2006 against that vaunted Bears D when he juked Urlacher.

THAT is what I want to see, dangit!  Awareness.  Balance.  Mix it up.  Don't be afraid to run because they never think you will!

Agree!! The stadium went nuts and a chant of MVP...MVP became deafening!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Mayo burying 44 rb in 2nd half...  #2 pick by McCourty.  Wished he found a lane to house, tho. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Favorite play from last night's romp:  A tie I'm afraid.  One offensive; one defensive.

Offensive:  The exquisite 37 yarder to Lloyd for the TD.  Everything about that play was textbook.

Defensive:  The McCourty pick.  That is being depicted as a Schaub blunder (and perhaps it was) but to my eyes McCourty read Schaub and broke on the ball perfectly.  

My 2 cents.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Brady is getting buried too much for my liking in the pocket and it worrys me when he runs And can get hit hard. 15 yards is worth clobbering your worst nightmare.  Mccourty looked good on that int.  You wonder what they say to him.  I think he should have taken a knee and let the O do its job. that was the turning point of the game. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

My favorite part of the night was after the first Lloyd TD Brady pointing to the sidelines and McD going f'ing crazy.  That ruled so so much.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

The kind of play action on the lloyd TD and Hernandez completion going across the middle brings tears to my eyes. Love it!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I'll have to go with this.

"loyd TD. Completely sold the play action and nearly everyone committed to the run, just a well designed and executed play. Same with play to Woody (minus fumble by Watt) blocks all over the place.'

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

More concrete evidence that you don't know the game to save your life.

Here's a clue junior. We don't need our 35 yo Hall of Fame QB with the reconstructed knee running on 3rd down at the close of the 3rd quarter with a 28-7 lead.

The extent of your lack of understanding of this game is astonishing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Here's a clue junior. We don't need our 35 yo Hall of Fame QB with the reconstructed knee running on 3rd down at the close of the 3rd quarter with a 28-7 lead.

there is literally no need for such hostility

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to In_BB_We_Trust's comment:

there is literally no need for such hostility

No hostility whatsoever. Stating facts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

lloyd TD. Completely sold the play action and nearly everyone committed to the run, just a well designed and executed play. Same with play to Woody (minus fumble by Watt) blocks all over the place.

+1, that one play basically said other teams now respect our running game. Even though they weren't running it as often as they usually do you can tell Hou game planned for it because they bought hard on it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

I understand you might think youre stating facts.. whether you are or not there is no need to talk about someone elses lack of understanding of the game. That is called being hostile. Junior.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Lloyd saved Woody's bacon on the fumble recovery.  That was completely heads up.  Woody was immense up to that point.  Great play except for the fumble.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I understand you might think youre stating facts.. whether you are or not there is no need to talk about someone elses lack of understanding of the game. That is called being hostile. Junior.

Hi Rusty. Let's all form a circle and sing Kumbaya instead.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

Hi Rusty. Let's all form a circle and sing Kumbaya instead.

haha nooo no rusty youre missing the point. We're all here for the same purpose because we all love the Pats. So why cant we have mature arguements and coversations? Rather then people like you and many many more on the board just telling everyone how their knowledge of the Pats is superior to everyone elses. Reality check rusty. Reality check.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:

I'll have to go with this.

"loyd TD. Completely sold the play action and nearly everyone committed to the run, just a well designed and executed play. Same with play to Woody (minus fumble by Watt) blocks all over the place.'

I'll agree with that. It's not often you see an entire secondary and all the LBs bite on a play fake. Even the cameraman was fooled for a half second

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

I'll agree with that. It's not often you see an entire secondary and all the LBs bite on a play fake. Even the cameraman was fooled for a half second

You knew it was going to be great when the play starts and you hear Gruden murmur uh-oh in the background.  Great fake, great throw, great catch.  Heck of a play.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I forget which PA it was but I remember almost the entire Hou DL full on tackle Ridley and get up to celebrate as Brady threw it over their heads for a rec. I almost cracked up laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Brady is getting buried too much for my liking in the pocket and it worrys me when he runs And can get hit hard. 15 yards is worth clobbering your worst nightmare.  Mccourty looked good on that int.  You wonder what they say to him.  I think he should have taken a knee and let the O do its job. that was the turning point of the game. 

I don't think anyone thought Brady was going to come out of the game with a clean uniform. There's a reason the Texans defense is ( was ) ranked 7th and why Watt leads the league in sacks.

Sections
Shortcuts