Favorite thing from first preseason game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: Favorite thing from first preseason game?

Mayo was all over the field with the pass deflection that Gregory intercepted. Also had good pass coverage. Looked faster than last year.

Dowling looked - dare I say - like a shut down corner. Granted it was against the 2nd team of the Saints, but he blanketed whoever he covered.

T. Scott had consistent pressure on the QB.

Bequette showed up on a few plays. Looks like a contributor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Agree Pats-fan-2007

Ras I was tucked away there due to injury but now looks like another 1st rd pick added this year along with the others. Jones and Buequette ( limited reps) with Unassisted tackles and pressure LQQKed fabulous.

I'm excited about this D now.

Wishing you all well .....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

The thing that I liked the most was that brady didn't get injured  a la michael vick...the next best thing was to see chandler jones in beast mode....and the running backs!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

D overall, in particular secondary and Chandler Jones.

Running game.  Don't want to get too excited about it but really liked Ridley; Vereen made an impression.

Screen game.  Nice to see it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Unfortunately couldn't see or hear it, so I'm glad to read everyone's comments The game will be replayed on Sat at 3 on NFL. The highlights showing Brady getting piled on made me very nervous, after watching it a few times I  don't think the Smith landed hard on him unlike  Kolb getting driven into the ground.  I wish Waters would get his butt back, the O line needs to get better fast.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Jones, Vereen

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Vereen burst. I saw it one day last year at practice and was very impressed. pats have a RB who can take the corner. I thought Hightower was ok, same issues predraft we saw last night. Can/will he be able to stay on the field for 3 downs? Fletcher injury is big. I thought he was going to play a lot. Seems to make Carpenter a lock. To my eye, same old Stallworth. I still prefer Branch, even if Branch does not play a single down in preseason. Cannon showed same issues last night as the entire camp. Question now is can he improve, or is this what he is? If the Pats do go 7 deep at WR, I prefer Davis over Stallworth I would have liked to see more fire and urgency from Mallette. Great talent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

What stood out to me was I was intensely watching a Pats game instead of the sox game inAugust. The Pats are a better total package than the sox.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I think someone already said it, but one more week closer to the Regular season!  & grabbing my free Patriot schedule magnet on the way out of the first pre-season game (The little things in life ;))

Seriously though,
     --  Offense: McDaniels will bringing back the screen, I think Vareen is a perfect 'scat' back to catch ball and go....should be fun.  With OBrien, the screen pass was lost in his game calling...they barely did it.

-- Defense: Chandler Jones Size and burst....was nice to see.  

-- Overall though, can't get too high nor too low, it's Pre-season! But it's football and very excited it's Back! Patriot Football !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Screens and Vereen.  Vereen has speed, hands and cutback ability, and is big enough to run up the middle.  One game, but he looked good.  

Nice to see that Jones and Hightower (and Wilson?) will play this year.  Jones looks much better than thought.  Was happy to see Dowling out there too. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

My favorite thing..when it was over...

Ya, Ya, 1st preseason, I get it but that was butt azz ugly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

As bad as the O line looked last night it was just as much about a lack of execution by the entire offense, they got in 3rd and long situations and then the O Line stunk the joint up. Don't get yourself in those third and longs is the lesson here...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

some things id like to see fixed by next week:

1.)CB not looking for the ball. numerous underthrows resulting in PI when they should have been ints.

2.)Poor decision making! Edleman trying to run a muffed put out of the endzone, he could have downed it but instead we started a drive at the 8 yard line.

3.) catching the ball. i saw a few drops. including a bullet from hoyer which bounced off one of our rookies(i dont remember his name)

4.)continuing from last years superbowl fumble recovery. Once again we saw our d force some fumbles but instead of covering it and getting the ball it looks like they attempted to pick it up and run for a td, and got out hustled. We need to capitalize on those fumbles and get turnovers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Chandler Jones.  Too many draft pundits called him raw, a great project, and assumed he'd start eventually.  Last night he was assigned to make a fool of a 2011 pro bowl tackle.  Talk about starting at the top!

The performances of Ridley and Vereen didn't come close, because for some reason (too heavy and slow up the middle, geared to take away the pass) New Orleans can't handle outside runs. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The things that I liked most are things we hoped to improve over from last year:

1. THe D was solid from the line to the LBs to the secondary
    2. Jones looks like a find more than just a good pick
    3. Hightower already showing ability to play inside and outside with the starters
    4. Dowling looked solid when in there
    5. RBs looked solid. Vereen showed he can be dangerous both running and catching.
    6. Adding RBs to the passing game including the use of screens just to force Ds to either play it straight or suffer the consequences (BJGE was solid but he could never make a D "suffer consequences")

With the Pats I always fear injuries more than anything else. Losing Fletcher is not a disaster but he was a key part of depth. I hope we do not have significant injury issues this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite thing from first preseason game?:
    some things id like to see fixed by next week: 1.)CB not looking for the ball. numerous underthrows resulting in PI when they should have been ints. 2.)Poor decision making! Edleman trying to run a muffed put out of the endzone, he could have downed it but instead we started a drive at the 8 yard line. 3.) catching the ball. i saw a few drops. including a bullet from hoyer which bounced off one of our rookies(i dont remember his name) 4.)continuing from last years superbowl fumble recovery. Once again we saw our d force some fumbles but instead of covering it and getting the ball it looks like they attempted to pick it up and run for a td, and got out hustled. We need to capitalize on those fumbles and get turnovers.
    Posted by ChasaB

i agree with all your points. the pass i believe yo are referring to was off britt davis who now is injured.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

going into and coming out of the draft a lot of people were high on Bequette (Randy Cross called him Josh last night) as guy with a motor and for always being around the ball, granted it was the 4th qtr, but that seemed to be true last night

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I
    n Response to Re: Favorite thing from first preseason game?:
    going into and coming out of the draft a lot of people were high on Bequette (Randy Cross called him Josh last night) as guy with a motor and for always being around the ball, granted it was the 4th qtr, but that seemed to be true last night
    Posted by wmasschilly

Lol, Cross does that often. He was probably on his 4rth jack n coke.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Posted by wmasschilly

He had a sack and some solo tackles, I think he'll be a baller in the Vrabel mold...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

would definitely be nice to get four contributors on "D" on out this draft, so far so good...and I'm not counting Dennard out yet either

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Loved what I saw from the D, except that 3rd and 20+ pickup.

I can see Ghost and return game being an issue

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Posted by wmasschilly

i noted that too.
    scott even moreso when he was in there.
    good stuff.
    hop ethey continue it against 1st stringers

Sections
Shortcuts