Favorite thing from first preseason game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Favorite thing from first preseason game?

In Response to Re: Favorite thing from first preseason game?:
    [QUOTE]Loved what I saw from the D, except that 3rd and 20+ pickup. I can see Ghost and return game being an issue
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

yeah i noted that too in the game thread. no kick returner really capable.
    but i noticed our kick coverage was greatly improved and i might even say just baout outstanding.
    not sure what to do with gost.
    convert teh td's
    hes no vinatieri.
    hope he improves his %, especaily pressure ones

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Defensive pressure. The less time a QB gets to stand and assess the worse an NFL secondary looks, we had the Saints QBs on their toes and checking pressure instead of standing and looking down field like last season.
     We have a faster and more physically gifted squad on D is what I saw. We became the Patriots from the patsies by being the most physical team in the NFL, our team was more finesse the last couple of seasons and it looked like we got some of that bad to the bone swagger back.
    We have a nice set of talents in our backfield,Ridley is still a fast strong straight ahead runner that might veer but mostly drives through with his leg strength,Vereen looks like shifty back with some strength and nice hands. Bolden looked like a bowling ball a pretty quick bowling ball.
     It was the first scrimmage so both teams were in the lab still and far from the finished product by I saw some potential and already some definite upgrades.

The 2 main negatives,1 our line if we don't improve our pocket protection expect many many screens and quick hooks. 2 Losing Fletcher for the season, he is a versatile and smart player that has a nose for the ball,he may be the most gifted guy physically but he always seems to be where he is supposed to be and is always around the ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Jones is progressing very fast. D looks pretty good. O Line has to get healthy. Nice INT by gregory. Only watched one half, but the pressure on opposing QBs looked good. I could see this team getting healthy and going on a serious run to the SB. Defense will gel. And offense we'll be ready rest assured. Loved the screens they almost work like a successful running play; time off the clock etc....

The comparison for Jones, for me, would be Richard Dent not JPP or Ware. Maybe a  healthy Jevon Kearse. Thing is Jones already good in pursuit which means he has potential to play the Elephant role.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite thing from first preseason game?:
    [QUOTE]I know it was only a pre-season game but it was one of the ugliest games I have ever been to. That being said it was good to see D the actually out physical the Saints early in the game especially Jones and Mayo. Favorite thing was just being at the stadium again... it's finally football season.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

that must have been fun