Favre and Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WESTCONN. Show WESTCONN's posts

Favre and Moss

Anyone remember it being reported Moss and Favre communicating on how nice it would have been to play together. It just might happen for a second round draft choice if Favre goes another year. And good riddance.

I'm sure for the self-appointed Moss apologists and those that blindy worship him will disagree, but his moping and his age both presented themselves last year. He was being single covered and getting shut down. And his effectiveness as a deep threat was minimal.

And Mr.Kraft was frustrated to say the least when he heard a guy slated to make 9million says the Pats don't pay. This comment from a guy that was invisilbe by the end of the season(every starting player in the NFL is hurting by game 16, so save the excuses). BB is not a fan of paying WR's big $$, and if Moss isn't at the top of his game, I don't see how they would justify the big bucks.

Pats won the superbowl with gritty receivers like Givens, Patton, Branch and Brown, all of whom proved to be mediocre as the careers have showed(except Brown of course) And to say Branch wasn't mediocre, what has he done since he left? Brady makes receivers play better than their talent could support. 

Moss might not be the best guy in the locker room  when he reverts to his grammer school routine

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WESTCONN. Show WESTCONN's posts

Re: Favre and Moss

I know my view of this is a bit off the cuff. But the separated shoulder? Conveniently that came out after Revis ate his lunch in single coverage. On FoxSports net they actually showed highlights of him in the Ravens game that showed movement AND him being hit with showing no discomfort just because they wanted to call out Randy Moss as crybaby of the year.

Lets ltake the name Moss out of it ook at it objectively:

1)His age showed towards the end of the season
    2)He is no longer a significant deep threat. He has lost two steps. He was, but that has diminished
    3)Single coverage can stop him now, and he doesn't run patterns with a separated shoulder, he runs with his feet. Cornerbacks realized after the Jets game they don't have to be intimidated anymore
    4)He won't run a pattern over the middle. Unless it's a post pattern, he seldom is seen between the hash marks anymore
    5)He's making 9milllion.

Last years stats were nice, But he didn't look so good after Welker went down. There was a time when Moss would make the other receivers stats blossom. Now, its the other way around

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Great idea.  Pats offense struggled last yr because they could not find a 3rd receiver and now you want to dump Moss while Welker is still out.  That'll really improve the Pats chance of winning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WESTCONN. Show WESTCONN's posts

Moss made a huge difference in the success last year. Wait til things don't go his way this year.

All the same people were whining about Brushci, Vrabel, Harrison......A guy gets older, his skills diminish, you have to take a step back to take a step forward.

But as long as Randy Moss is alive, keep Tate, Price, Edelman,and those two rookie tight ends as spectators? Guys always get better sitting on the bench watching.

Why delay the inevitable? Why pay a WR who is slowing down 9Million? Thats not chump change, that is a LOT of money.

HAS ANYONE FIGURED OUT YET THAT THIS IS A REBUILDING YEAR? Kraft just said today in this paper he hopes to have 20 guys with one years experience or less on the team  to build a bright future for the team. He's the owner, posturing for the fans to be understanding if this year is not that great. He knows how to build for success.

Do you really think the Pats are going to the superbowl this year? Seriously? With 2 rookie tight ends and a washed up one to mentor them. With what projects to be a team with 2 rookies starting at linebacker(unless derrick burgess wins a job, which he won't because its a year to get young guys on the field)? With a secondary that averages 24 years old? With a running game that was lousy last year? Yeh, keep dreaming if you think the pats are going to the big one this year.

I just think the signing of Holt and Patton is just to help in what is considered a rebuilding year. Rebuilding by the Pats standard, which is probably hoping to go 9-7, with the intention of having another long run of good playoff runs and superbowl victories.

And after his pouting session last year where brady had to console him(pathetic), do you think they want to take the chance of having him around influencing the youngsters if he has a subpar season?

And about the contract extension for Moss. It was mentioned by a reporter, the Pats never mentioned the possibility nor responded. It is never gonna happen, especially after Moss' 'PATS DON'T PAY" Comment

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

If we trade Moss, who will be left to catch passes?
    Welker-pup.
    Edelman-quite a surprise in 1st yr, dont know if he can follow it up.
    Holt- Decent hands, but not the powerhouse he once was.
    Patten-Will handstand in the middle of a freeway if he starts on day 1. I think he gets cut after final roster is announced.
    Price-Rookie
    Tate-Unproven

So you want to start this season with Holt and Edelman as our 1 and 2nd WR? God help us. Revis would eat them for lunch and dinner. If we do trade Moss and lose the division, dont come back and balk that we shouldnt have traded him! Expect Moss to have atleast  two more good years. I expect a 10-12 TD season again from him and also expect a 2yr contract extension.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WESTCONN. Show WESTCONN's posts

Like I said , It is going to be a rebuilding year. 3 superbowls were won without a Randy Moss type. Troy Brown as the slot, and all unheralded guys beyond that with a great quarterback throwing to them.(3 superbowls with no names, none with a big name).

Revis ate Moss' lunch as bad as it can be eaten,what difference does it make.

It sounds discouraging when you think who is left until Welker gets back, but Pats have been there before, and grittiness wins superbowls, not guys who pout on the bench. How can that be ignored? Terrell is the only other guy that has acted that way. How many Pats in 2001-2003-2004 moped on the bench. A big fat 0, it would have resulted in a bruschi vrabel beatdown(guess something missing last year?)

But I wouldnt gripe if a trade worked out poorly. I just really think its best to get a teams future on the field now if a superbowl is unlikely, which it is. It's the best for the long term.

My opinion, of course, may be wrong. But Moss is not getting an extension, I guarantee it. And if he does, I'll be around to be tormented

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WESTCONN. Show WESTCONN's posts

In Response to Re: Favre and Moss:
    Sorry, WestConn, we disagree.  A lot needs to break right for any team to go to a Super Bowl, so I don't see why NE can't get some breaks to go their way again.  So, yeah, I can see them making a run. When I look at the fact the offense directly lost FOUR games last year because they didn't have a TE or a 3rd WR option emerge, yes, I see a 14-2, 13-3 record ceiling last year as something they can strive for again this year on the back end of the rebuilding foundation. I can easily see them do 10-6 or 11-5.  That's just to start.  12-4 is possible. I think what you saw in 2008-- />2009, and now this year, is the foundation of what BB will move forward with.  TWO 1st rders and TWO 2nd rders next year will just raise the bar more so. How can anyone not like this with the best coach and QB duo in the league?   I do not agree with your analysis whatsoever. I think you are taking the media bait and relying on a series of negatives since the SB 42 loss. I am not buying it.  I see two very nice drafts back to back and some VERY nice, albeit quiet, FA moves. Why are you downplaying Moss's impact and players like Crumpler and Holt?  These guys are not washed up.  At all.  Both Crumpler and Holt had very good seasons last year within certain roles on BAD TEAMS.   Crumpler was used as a blocker, almost an extra Tackle and Chris Johnson ran 2000 yards. Torry Holt still averaged his 14 yards per catch with David Garrard, grabbing 51 receptions in a run first offense.  Unless you think David Garrard is better than Brady, I have a very hard time seeing a future HOFer in Holt failing, getting a chance to play with Brady.  I just don't see it. I also don't see what you are so down about with this young infusion of talent on offense.  If Gronkowski, Hernandez and Crumpler as a group or even 2 out of 3 of these players are WORSE than Watson, I'll be stunned.  That's how weak the TE position became in NE in recent years.  Watson is BB's biggest bust in the 1st round. He wasn't a bust, but his ability and appearance physically outshone his tenure here.  Disappointment. You start filtering in young guns like Tate and Price at WR, a nice fallback in David Patten as a bubble WR but who knows Brady and what to do/where to be, etc., and it appears to be Brady's best crop of TEs and WRs (even without Welker until November) in his entire career. Basically, they are looking to rival the WR crop of 2007.  If Holt can equal Stallworth or Tate be Gaffney (or vice versa), then you are looking at a bounce at TE over Watson too. This should all shake out to where the offense is more balanced than it has been in years.  2007's was potent, 2010's will be strong and balanced.
    Posted by russgriswold

I think Crumpler is a really big question mark. He will be a very good mentor.

My context must have come out a little wrong. I think Holt can definitely help. I love the draft. That is precisely why I think all these young guys should get on the field. And it is all based on my belief that they are not a super bowl contender next year. 

If BB dumped Bruschi to make room for Gary Guyton, then moving Moss is withing the realm of possibility 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WESTCONN. Show WESTCONN's posts

Not to be rude, but are you sure you are not a Jets troll?   Revis ate Moss's lunch? Really? You sure it wasn't Revis and Rhodes since Welker was out in Week 2? Again, you're buying into some kind of NY area hype down there and it's just not accurate. You have the right to your opinion, but it's sort of dramatic. Moss toasted Revis as a rookie and Revis did little in 2008 against Moss. Only last year, with Welker out, and Brady back into a season 2 games in, with Rhodes over the top did Revis do anything against Moss. I have never seen a CB so hyped in my life this early into his career. It's like you are personally offended Moss didn't grow wings in Week 2 last year and grab 4 TDs in double coverage against the Jets. The time to have dealt Moss was pre draft or on draft day, but it's clear they had no intention of trading him or they felt no one offered fair value. Forget it now, he's going to be Randy Moss in 2010.   You are putting way too much into looking at the names who won the SBs and not seeing the forest for the trees. In fact, this offense, with more balance will more closely resemble those offenses of the SB years. This won't be rebuilding this year. The core of that has already started. It's 2 full years in.  From here, it's how can the ceiling be for those players, especially on D.
    Posted by russgriswold

Definitely not a Jets fan. And based on the fact they walk around saying how good they are all the time they'll tank next year.

But Revis overrated? I live in Western Ct and am stuck sith the misfortune of watching the Jets I'm not at Pats games, and Revis is an excellent all around player.

I don't get offended, I'm just having fun and hearing good responses from people. However, I bet some of Moss' teammates were personally offended when Moss gave up and sat on the bench in a funk b/c things didn't go his way. Why hasn't anyone responded to that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Moss apologist...Another Moss hater, eh. SMH!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Re: Favre and Moss : I think Crumpler is a really big question mark. He will be a very good mentor. My context must have come out a little wrong. I think Holt can definitely help. I love the draft. That is precisely why I think all these young guys should get on the field. And it is all based on my belief that they are not a super bowl contender next year.  If BB dumped Bruschi to make room for Gary Guyton, then moving Moss is withing the realm of possibility 
    Posted by WESTCONN

How do you get to the conclusion the Pats wont contend next yr? Why is Crumpler a ?uestion mark?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The early 2000 Pats won without a great receiver, so the Pats should dump Moss.  The 2000 Ravens won without a good QB, so they should dump Brady.  The Colts won without a great defense so the Pats should dump all their good defensive players.  If the Pats make those moves they will be the greatest team ever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Russ, I really think this dweeb is a Jet loser. 

First off, Reevis shut down Andre Johnson, TO, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Ochocinco, as well as Randy Moss,why aren't the Texans in a rush to trade Andre "The Giant". I would love to have him. 

Reeves had a great season. He shut down a ton of top WRs, so what? 

Second, you keep nagging about Moss' 9 mill, but if we trade Moss, what do we do with the 9 mill? Stare at it? 

Third, Moss never ran down the middle. It would be stupid if he started at the tender age of 33. 

Fourth, Moss didn't look good after Welker went down? What? Welker went down in week 17, the next game was the playoff game against the Ravens. NO ONE LOOKED GOOD BESIDES EDLEMAN AND FAULK! I believe Welker was down during the season and Edleman did just fine while Moss drew double coverage, wasn't that against the Jets who singled Moss? Why couldn't they stop a rookie QB turned WR? 

Fifth, Belichick didn't bump Bruschi for Guyton, Bruschi looked slow out there. The preseason game against the Redskins proved that his career was over. 

Sixth, Moss' teammates all vehemently defended Randy when Breer printed that story. Even Belichick, who is usually very stoic in his press conference, defended Moss.

Listen dweebs of the Jets, Brady and Moss are going to be connecting for TDs for years to come. Remember that, they aren't going anywhere. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Don't get sucked in by the concerned TROLL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

You sound like an uneducated sports fan who caught his GF in bed w/ Randy. First off Randy wouldnt get shut down in single coverage in a wheelchair , nevermind coming off a season in which he had 1265/13 TD's ... w/ a seperated shoulder and bad back. And as soon as you said Revis shut down Moss I knew you were some know nothing who gets his info from TV/radio. Revis and Moss played against each other 77 times last year , how many times do you think Revis played him in real man to man coverage? ... SEVEN!!! Seven times is the answer and no thats not my opinion , thats fact. In the first game against the jets Moss beat Revis time and time again , believe me I was at the game. He beat him off the edge and had two , sometimes three steps on him. Why didnt 81 have 130 and 2 TD's ... maybe because his QB was getting buried alive by the best D in football last year. Brady was hit 21 times and thats not including hurries. Your whole arguement screams " I have a really small co ck , so I drive a really big truck " , LOL seriously if we're " Moss apologists " , then your some loser w/ a serious complex. And you prove how little you know about football and the Pats by bringing up the WR's we had when we went on our run. You really think Deion Branch and David Givens had anything to do w/ us winning titles LMMFAO , are you serious right now. WE won because we have the best coach in sports , who implements great D schemes , carried out by some great D's. And oh yea a top 5 all time great QB with great precision and accuracy didnt hurt. But hey if you want to think guys like David Givens and David Patton brought home the bacon , well more power to you. Whatever your smoking pass it over here because you sound foolish. And why exactly are you so fired up about how much 81 makes? Even at his age he's still a top 5 WR , theres really no debating that. He put up great numbers in a injury plagued year and would have had 4-5 more TD's and 300-350 more yards if Brady was on point at the begining of the year. And again even at his age Moss is still top 2-3 in terms of being a deep threat in the league. Im a personal trainer and physical therapist , nevermind playing a violent contact sport like football , trying to just run can be extremely difficult w/ a seperated shoulder and bad back. LMMFAO ... losers like you crack me up , you love to brag about the fact that Randy doesnt go over the middle and how soft he is. Both of which are completely false and couldnt be further from the truth. You dont catch 930 balls in your career by sidelining it and just playing outside the numbers for 12 years! Since coming to the Pats in 07 you cant name 3 better WR's , Moss has been worth every penny we gave him. You sound like a moron complaining about giving money to the ONLY REAL SCORING THREAT we have/had since he's been here. We havent had a legitimate scoring threat , besides 81 in three years. You really think teams are game planning all week to stop Welker's 7 yard outs or Watson's one and only route , the seem down the middle , LOL! Go back to the children's table because you cant hang w/ the big boys!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Not to be rude, but are you sure you are not a Jets troll?   Revis ate Moss's lunch? Really? You sure it wasn't Revis and Rhodes since Welker was out in Week 2? Again, you're buying into some kind of NY area hype down there and it's just not accurate. You have the right to your opinion, but it's sort of dramatic. Moss toasted Revis as a rookie and Revis did little in 2008 against Moss. Only last year, with Welker out, and Brady back into a season 2 games in, with Rhodes over the top did Revis do anything against Moss. I have never seen a CB so hyped in my life this early into his career. It's like you are personally offended Moss didn't grow wings in Week 2 last year and grab 4 TDs in double coverage against the Jets. The time to have dealt Moss was pre draft or on draft day, but it's clear they had no intention of trading him or they felt no one offered fair value. Forget it now, he's going to be Randy Moss in 2010.   You are putting way too much into looking at the names who won the SBs and not seeing the forest for the trees. In fact, this offense, with more balance will more closely resemble those offenses of the SB years. This won't be rebuilding this year. The core of that has already started. It's 2 full years in.  From here, it's how can the ceiling be for those players, especially on D.
    Posted by russgriswold

well said, russ. i was thinking the same thing, as far as him being a jests troll. 

like so many trolls, he talks a good game until you do some fact checking. one fact is that moss is a lock for the HOF. another fact is that there's not a half dozen WRs in the league who could beat him in a footrace and none of them  have anything close to his other receiving skills.

i'm looking for moss to have a BIG year, with his contract contract coming up next year. you can debate where he'll be in after that, but what's the point?

Sections
Shortcuts