Favre: Jets best team in AFC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Favre: Jets best team in AFC

Is the blowhard right or wrong? Said it in post-game interview...

This guy is a Shilling clone...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Favre: Jets best team in AFC

As much as I hate to admit it, yes Brett is correct.  Still many more games to play but as of right now the Jet's are the team to beat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Favre: Jets best team in AFC:
    [QUOTE]Is the blowhard right or wrong? Said it in post-game interview... This guy is a Shilling clone...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

I disagree. The Jets are not the best team in the AFC. They are currently the best team in the NFL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Jets are very good this year......best? remains to be seen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsTxGrl. Show PatsTxGrl's posts

The best team in the NFL will be the last team standing, and that remains to be seen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

How on earth would Favre know this?

The Vikes have played two AFC teams, both of which have beaten them, and also lost to a team that just lost to Arizona.

I don't see Brett Favre as a reliable judge of anything beyond his own ineptitude.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Bret is just going through early stage dementia,i can prove my statement by his attempt to become a WR last night. He forgot that you can't take the ball from under Center and become a receiver. He also stinks as far as QB's go!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

right now, the Ravens are the top team in my opinion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Favre: Jets best team in AFC:
    [QUOTE]...It looks like this is going to be a year for defense. All though I will say this, I am picking the Pats to win it all, of course I am lol but with that said if the Pats were to lose in the playoffs my second choice for AFC champion is neither the Jets or the Ravens. I think with the way the Steelers have been playing D this year my guess would be the Steelers make it to the super bowl if the Pats cant get it done.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

On that note, am I the only one noticing that the league seems to be allowing more aggressive play by defenders this year?  Even the WR's are having a harder time getting PI calls?  Makes me wonder if they decided to roll back some of the "emphasis" Polian pushed for years ago.  There was a lot of talk about reviewing the PI penalties.  Perhaps since they didn't adjust the rules, they decided to adjust the so-called "emphasis"?

It's early in the season, and I haven't watched every NFL game played.  However, it does seem like the defenses are being allowed to play this year.  That might be part of the reason D's will rule once again.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]Bret is just going through early stage dementia,i can prove my statement by his attempt to become a WR last night. He forgot that you can't take the ball from under Center and become a receiver. He also stinks as far as QB's go!
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Good one...LOL...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a34751f4e-c296-4c12-91eb-9317b2002659&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:34751f4e-c296-4c12-91eb-9317b2002659Post:bb3551ef-075c-42ed-b3a3-21afece013c9 " /> Re: Favre: Jets best team in AFC : Judging by the way Cromartie was playing defense last night I'd have to agree. He looked like a homeless guy trying to grab as many shirts as he could to stay warm. I seen another post that was interesting, it said the Jets are doing it so much that the ref's adopt it as the norm because it doesn't look out of place. No excuses, the Jets right now are playing tough balanced football and I have to admit Sanchez is playing much better than I thought. We'll see if he can keep it up.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

"No excuses, the Jets right now are playing tough balanced football and I have to admit Sanchez is playing much better than I thought. We'll see if he can keep it up".

I'm confused, did you mean Favre here???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

How's this to make everyone sick....a NY vs NY super bowl, the Giants defense looks like did in '07 and goober has the weapons on O to score....I swear I'll vomit if this happens.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Jets are very good this year......best? remains to be seen.
    Posted by sday4x45[/QUOTE]
    Who would you put ahead of them?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Pittsburgh and Baltimore are better teams at this point

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]How on earth would Favre know this? The Vikes have played two AFC teams, both of which have beaten them, and also lost to a team that just lost to Arizona. I don't see Brett Favre as a reliable judge of anything beyond his own ineptitude.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    I know that he is more qualified to judge the league even more so than you. Who are you?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Bret is just going through early stage dementia,i can prove my statement by his attempt to become a WR last night. He forgot that you can't take the ball from under Center and become a receiver. He also stinks as far as QB's go!
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]
    Negating is total INTs for his career, you'd better take a closer look at his positive credentials. They are off the charts. That said, if he stinks, what does TB do?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Jeez, everyone is so short-sighted. The jets always find a way to mess things up. They were favorites two years ago with Favre, yet they found a way to go 9-7. Many things can happen that could lead to the Jets letting up. 

Also, their D is NOT dominant this year. Anyone notice this? Has Revis been a shut-down corner? If you put a guy with good lateral movement (see Aaron Hernandez), you can burn Cromartie. I'm not scared of the freakin Jets!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Cromartie is built for Moss, not Tate, Welker, Branch, or Edelman.

Can this message board stop kissing the jets a ss?!?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

It smells but the Jets are definitely one of the best.. hard to say there is a single best at this juncture, especially with no un-defeated squads..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Rex will find a way for the Jets to have a crash landing when games count...

I like the AFC South, all teams 3-2...

What, no love for the 3-1 KC...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FourthRing. Show FourthRing's posts

The big key is LaD (there is only one LT. I refuse to call him LT). I think he is going to hit the old man wall down the stretch.  They are using him way too much, but he looks like his old self.  And Sanchez is playing way better than I was hoping.  Also, I think people will start figuring out Ryan's blitz packages.  I'm not ready to sign the AFC East over yet, much less the entire AFC, but they are looking good.  They destroyed the Vikings for 55 of 60 minutes last night. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

They've done well to go 4-1 with a tough schedule, but there are still a lot of obstacles in their way if they want to become a premier team all year. I don't think they have the makeup of a championship team. Guys like LT and Cromartie were available for a reason. Also, Sanchez will struggle when he has to put the team on his shoulders, and that hasn't happened yet.

It's too early to be kissing rings!

[QUOTE]RockDog I wouldnt call it kissing a ss it is what it is, right now the Jets look really good. Not saying they will win it all just saying right now they have been better then any of us gave them credit for and i dont think you can shoot that down.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]