Favre play versus the 49'ers.. Luck or skill?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Favre play versus the 49'ers.. Luck or skill?

i say skill! The main criteria are the full COMBO of clutchitude, accuracy, buying time, moxie and the arm, not just one or 2 of the qualities or even 4!  Who else could have done that? I say Cutler... warner has the first 4 qualities but not the arm strength. Sanchez and Romo have the middle 3 but his clutchness and arm strength is still in dispute. One needs that fastball to drill in there as favre did. flacco could do it in terms of the scrambling, accuracy and the arm strength but i do not think he has the moxie or the clutchness! Ryan has the accuracy, moxie and arm but cant scramble and doesnt have the clutchitude at this point. Peyton has clutchitude, accuracy and moxie but i m not sold on his arm strength or mobility in that situation. Mcnabb has the mobility, arm, and moxie but i doubt his clutchitude and accuracy. 

guess its a sandlot, streetball, wrangler jeans kinda thing.. like playg flag football with your buddies. that was favre just being favre. the situation meeting the man!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ihatefishing. Show ihatefishing's posts

Re: Favre play versus the 49'ers

?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: Favre play versus the 49'ers

Favre: "**** it! I'm going deep!"

While he thinks he's overrated, he is fun to watch, I'll give him that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Re: Other than Brady, Eli and Ben, who else could have executed that Favre play versus the 49'rs?

Joe Blow could have executed that play considering that the bonehead defense knew full well that only one play was possible...a desperation pass into the end zone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from saigonsmuggler. Show saigonsmuggler's posts

Re: Other than Brady, Eli and Ben, who else could have executed that Favre play versus the 49'rs?

Jay Cutler has one of the strongest arms in the league right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Most NFL QBs from that distance can throw the ball...  how the SF D let that player get where he was is the crime.  Luck also helps!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Re: Favre play versus the 49'ers.. Luck or skill?

the defense did its job.. that's the point, there is no defense for the perfect pass! or the perfect development for the perfect pass. lewis did a great free lance job of getting open as did the other 3 receivers. defense can only do so much. what went wrong with the flutie throw? or the one with kordell stewart and others? its a hail mary, anything can happen! sometimes stuff u can do your job and stuff still just happens! favre is the ultimate to do that in the history of the league. fits right in with his skillset and personality!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In Response to Re: Other than Brady, Eli and Ben, who else could have executed that Favre play versus the 49'rs?:
    Joe Blow could have executed that play considering that the bonehead defense knew full well that only one play was possible...a desperation pass into the end zone.
    Posted by Yapple
    ...I bet youd say it was skill if TB did it. Your complete disregard for anyone OTHER than your team is disturbing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

"Joe Blow could have executed that play considering that the bonehead defense knew full well that only one play was possible...a desperation pass into the end zone."

"Most NFL QBs from that distance can throw the ball...  how the SF D let that player get where he was is the crime.  Luck also helps!"

You guys sound like Tavaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels chatting as they get their nails done.

That was a great play and not all QBs (see the two above) could have made and not all WRs could have made that catch. It wasn't a floater. it was on a rope. Lewis made the adjustment and Favre saw him. Give credit where it is due and celebrate the moment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

its more like lewis made the play.favre just threw it.but yes it was right on the money,but lewis made a great catch in the back of the end zone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The quarterback was flushed, the receiver was covered, the ball got to the only place where it could have been completed and the receiver snared it and did the toe dance.

I am a charter member of the Brett Favre is an Overhyped Blowbag Club, but there was absolutely no luck of any kind involved in that play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

In Response to Re: Favre play versus the 49'ers.. Luck or skill?:
    " Joe Blow could have executed that play considering that the bonehead defense knew full well that only one play was possible...a desperation pass into the end zone." "Most NFL QBs from that distance can throw the ball...  how the SF D let that player get where he was is the crime.  Luck also helps!" You guys sound like Tavaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels chatting as they get their nails done. That was a great play and not all QBs (see the two above) could have made and not all WRs could have made that catch. It wasn't a floater. it was on a rope. Lewis made the adjustment and Favre saw him. Give credit where it is due and celebrate the moment.
    Posted by EnochRoot
    BINGO! couldnt have said it any better!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

its more like lewis made the play.favre just threw it.but yes it was right on the money,but lewis made a great catch in the back of the end zone.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Right on!  If only the PATS could find a receiver like that who can stay inbounds in the end zone and CATCH the ball to play the #3 spot to complement Moss and Welker!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Posted by mosseffect43
      I agree, Farve's heave was a hope and a prayer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

thought it was an amazing throw and catch..... most times you would see a lob up for grabs but Favre kept his eyes upfield and zinged it... amazing catch

Sections
Shortcuts