FAVRE POLL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

FAVRE POLL

i m a brady guy but i am glad to c the old legend back and still in demand. i think it will be pats versus vikes in super bowl. vikes will beat the eagles in conference final. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: FAVRE POLL

Unfortunately for Favre the only way he can be considered a success is if Minnesota wins the superbowl, and I don't think that's gonna happen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The only way Favre could lead the Vikings to the SB is if he started in week 9, and Minnesota was already 6-2 or better. By the time December rolls around he will be out of gas and throwing it up for grabs...much like he did with the Jests last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I think bub is probably pretty near the mark with his take.

Favre is old and rickety and I do not envision him surviving an entire season. I was on a local purple chat forum yesterday and some guy was singing Favre's praises by pointing to his success with Green New Jersey -- "Before he was injured he led the Jets to 9-3," was what he said -- to which, my response was "Where did that team end up?"

The Vikings won the NFC North with Mutt and Jeff at quarterback last year, and could do that again. Minnesota's schedule was ranked second-easiest in the league and they are built to play conservatively. But if we see a replay of last season, and Favre is not 100% for the playoffs, that leaves Chilly with either Sage Against the Machine or his adopted son, T-Jack, at quarterback, and you ain't going to Miami with either of those meat puppets driving the bus.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

All - If Favre starts the season much like he did last year and then gets a blow for 3 weeks from say mid-nov to first of Dec, could he be fresh enough to finish including the playoffs? 

Rosenfels would have more time in and with the playbook that apparently Childers has said is currently only 50% available to Rosenfels and Jackson, but 100% available to Favre. 

Now this is obviously a big if because I know how much this starting streak means to Favre.  In fact, half of me thinks he comes back just to make sure Manning doesn't catch him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

good point by underdogg.... would minnesota lose much by starting rosenfels against the lions twice and resting Favre??? i would say its a good idea!

i like Favre and enjoy watching him play and i also think he is good for the league when he is on the field but i understand why people have had enough... i do believe that he was scared of his multiple injuries but how much really could have changed in 3 weeks????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Did anybody see Troy Browns interview last night regarding Favre?  Even 10 years ago the Pats were told that Favre will eventually blow a game and you will have a chance for at least 5 interceptions. He hasn't been good for 8 years and was never that good. He just was an average QB that never got hurt, only drunk.

The Vikings did this for one reason and thats to make money. Their season tickets sales went through the roof yesterday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I think the Vikes put the full court press on him.  Everyone knows Favre wants to play, but I think he was being honest that he didn't feel ready.  He is 3 weeks better now and the Vikes kept calling. 

Hate Favre all you like, but I am not one of those people who think legacy stands for much unless its Pete Rose who bet on the game.  Bird should have played until he could play no more and he did.  Does everybody identify him more with his laying on the court stretching his back or his brilliant play.  The same goes for Jordan and all transcendant players. 

We have a short time here and tomorrow is never guaranteed.  Do what you love as long as you can.  F*ck those who have an issue with Favre.  If the media feels this way, its probably because they didn't have the scoop first or they made a prediction and it was wrong and now their expertise and sources are called into question. 

Final question - Forget about the possibility of the year end flame out, this is the question - Do the Vikes now have a better team than they did Monday?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: FAVRE POLL:
    Forget about the possibility of the year end flame out, this is the question - Do the Vikes now have a better team than they did Monday?
    Posted by underdogg

No.

Not in the short term, as I see Favre as a question mark.

And definitely not in the long term, as this merely puts Minnesota's search for a real solution at quarterback off for yet another year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

they are way better now than they were on monday

teams respect favre (for better or worse) and will only make the vikings better... the aura of favre is as dangerous as his arm at this point... teams cant load up in the box to stop AP and if they do Favre (or the threat of Favre) can beat teams

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

So Mike - You are still of the opinion that the vikes have no QB, ehh?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I agree Vikes did this for tix sales but they also are hoping he can get them to the superbowl. I also saw the interview with Troy Brown on Comcast and I wasn't suprised by his comments as Favre hasn't been a top QB for at least 6 years.  I am not concerned about him if we meet in superbowl. The game will be won/lost on stopping Peterson.
    Troy did say there is of course a chance they catch lightning in a bottle for a year anyway with him, but that is unlikely.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

So Mike - You are still of the opinion that the vikes have no QB, ehh?
    Posted by underdogg

Three weeks ago Favre was claiming he couldn't go.

Today he says his darling daughter has convinced him that he can (awwww . . .  ain't that sweet?).

The Vikings have a quarterback -- Sage Against the Machine.

He blows, but he will be far more effective than Tarvaris Jackson when Favre's arm falls off.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Will someone PLEASE cheap shot this phony into a permanent retirement?

Although I'm as tired as everyone else of hearing all the Favre hype, this is uncalled for. There are enough perils simply playing without anyone trying to injure another player. And I wouldn't be too sure the Packers will be looking to cheap shot this guy in any case. I'm sure he's still on good terms with most of the players there. Maybe Ted Thompson will come running from the sidelines with an axe, but I doubt any of the Packers defense would purposely try to injure Brett! I agree it sure seems as though he is more concerned about his own legacy than the game itself, but that's beside the point. I'm sure he will break down again as he did last year, and maybe he will finally retire. But there's no reason to wish injury on any player. I wouldn't even want to see Manning get hurt like that!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

jackson will be traded i think.... sage will be the backup and jackson maybe for a 4th rounder to a team that needs a quality #2 QB

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

I live in MN.  Lot's of talk about this yesterday.  The Vikes know, as does everyone here on this blog, that part of the reason they requested Favre is to increase revenues.  Face it, we (Vikes) had a lot of trouble selling tickets last year.  There were several occasions where a blackout was more than ready to happen.  Thank god corporations had decided to step in and buy the rest of the tickets.  Can you imagine a blackout in NE?  Also, the organization is pushing for a new stadium.  This can only help their short-term cause.

I have a feeling they will rest Favre if they get a comfortable lead in the division.  He will not last all regular season.  He is luck to have AP, Harvin (unproven), Berrian, Bobby Wade, Shiancoe, Chester Taylor and a great defensive line.  We will see how it goes. 

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL! Go Pats!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: FAVRE POLL : Three weeks ago Favre was claiming he couldn't go. Today he says his darling daughter has convinced him that he can (awwww . . .  ain't that sweet?). The Vikings have a quarterback -- Sage Against the Machine. He blows, but he will be far more effective than Tarvaris Jackson when Favre's arm falls off.
    Posted by prairiemike

I only asked because I recall a previous email where you said the Vikes had no QB.  From your comments today, it seemed you still feel that way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I do.

Not a Favre guy.

Not now, not then, not ever.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

If the Vikes do this right, and give Farve a break for a few weeks mid season so he can be fresh for the playoffs then they have a good shot at pushing for a championship. They have the D and the run game so if they can keep Farve fresh he can get it done. Also The Williams DTs need to not be suspended for using roids or whatever because if they are missingthe two Williams on the D line for 4 weeks they will be in trouble.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The next time Chilly does something right will be the first time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

mike - Alrighty then
    tas - As I said earlier - would Favre sit?  He is very proud of his games played streak.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

That is true maybe he wouldnt want to sit but if the coach wants to win he will make Farve ride teh pine for a few games. We could all be wrong too, Farve might not have slowed down last yeaer had he not hurt his throwing arm. Maybe if he stays healthy he can go a full season who knows.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Brett Favre is not now, nor has he ever been, a team guy.

If the impossible happens and Chilly actually sees the wisdom of keeping his diva quarterback fresh for a potential run at the Lombardi, what you will see in Winter Park will make all this "I'm staying retired . . .  no wait, I'm coming back . . .   ummm . . .  I don't think my arm will hold up  . . .   Oh, isn't my daughter precious?"  seem like a pleasant, sunny diversion.

If you've never seen a middle-aged man throw a temper tantrum, you are in for a rare treat if this scenario ever plays out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

What makes you say he was never a team player? I mean maybe not in recent years but in the 90's and early this decade what makes you say he was not a team player?

Sections
Shortcuts