FAVRE POLL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: FAVRE POLL

Why does the public deserve an honest answer from Brett Favre?  Is this another "he's a celebrity so he's fair game" issue?   

Did anyone else here take note when the Jets granted him his retirement release? 
    Or when he had off-season surgery? 

I am of the opinion that it was almost always a strong probability that Favre was coming back.  If he had just been left alone (and this is where the "he's a celebrity, so he's fair game" angle comes in play), I think none of us would have been surprised to see him show up in a Favre friendly system, at a Favre friendly time, with an old coach and a old man friendly environment (dome) in a city who's team needs a public shot in the arm to remain viable in that city. 

Green Bay knew 2 years ago that Favre wanted to play for the Vikes and they wouldn't let him.  That was their preogative and they played their angle beautifully ensuring that Favre not only did not play for a division rival but also did not play in the conference. 

But that is over and I think Favre wants his chance that he could not get.  So what he lied.  I am tired of the media thinking they always deserve the honest answer.  This isn't Washington DC and our lives are not going to be changed by this like they otherwise might be by the guy who lied to get elected. 

Who knows how good Favre will be.  He may not even know.  But I am interested to see him play and I think the NFL is better having him than not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to FAVRE POLL:
    [QUOTE]i m a brady guy but i am glad to c the old legend back and still in demand. i think it will be pats versus vikes in super bowl. vikes will beat the eagles in conference final. 
    Posted by reg122[/QUOTE

Yes, I think he'll be a success - a success at throwing more interceptions than any other starting QB in the league. The ego has landed! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

wow, almost 90 percent of u do not think favre would b successful. did u all forget how great he was up to week 11 before injury? remember the improbable win he pulled off against our pats in Foxboro? how about leading the blowout against UNDEFEATED  tennessee! plus just 2 years ago when fully healthy and trained in a system, he led his team all the way to the nfc finals. he will b the difference in MN!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

In Response to Re: FAVRE POLL:
    [QUOTE]Why does the public deserve an honest answer from Brett Favre?  Is this another "he's a celebrity so he's fair game" issue?    Did anyone else here take note when the Jets granted him his retirement release?  Or when he had off-season surgery?  I am of the opinion that it was almost always a strong probability that Favre was coming back.  If he had just been left alone (and this is where the "he's a celebrity, so he's fair game" angle comes in play), I think none of us would have been surprised to see him show up in a Favre friendly system, at a Favre friendly time, with an old coach and a old man friendly environment (dome) in a city who's team needs a public shot in the arm to remain viable in that city.  Green Bay knew 2 years ago that Favre wanted to play for the Vikes and they wouldn't let him.  That was their preogative and they played their angle beautifully ensuring that Favre not only did not play for a division rival but also did not play in the conference.  But that is over and I think Favre wants his chance that he could not get.  So what he lied.  I am tired of the media thinking they always deserve the honest answer.  This isn't Washington DC and our lives are not going to be changed by this like they otherwise might be by the guy who lied to get elected.  Who knows how good Favre will be.  He may not even know.  But I am interested to see him play and I think the NFL is better having him than not.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]
    agreed. it was only LAST year. exactly at this time. not even 2 years ago!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to FAVRE POLL:
    [QUOTE]i m a brady guy but i am glad to c the old legend back and still in demand. i think it will be pats versus vikes in super bowl. vikes will beat the eagles in conference final. 
    Posted by reg122[/QUOTE]

Favre blows.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

Favre has been the most overrated quarterback that this league has ever seen.  He has more interceptions in the post season than he does touchdowns.  

He's been a mediocre quarterback on some really stand out teams Green Bay, the home of Lombardi.   The league loves this guy, they love his story, they love how he hams it up for the camera.  His personal life is a mess.  He's not liked by his teamates, he has a reputation of being a prima donna.  

The Vikings are a good team, they're built around their defense and I love teams like that.  All they need is a solid QB who can run the offense without making mistakes. 

Mistakes are what Favre does best.  He will also ruin any chemistry on this offense.  

He's a tough guy.  I'll give him that, but even in his prime, I'd have taken a handfull of quarterbacks over him.  Especially post season. 

Bad move for Minnesota. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonian1962. Show Bostonian1962's posts

I'm always interested to see those predicting great things in the playoffs for the Vikes, now that Favre is there.  Since the Packers won the NFC Championshiop game in 1997, Favre has been to 10 playoff games.  He lost 7 of them.  He has an astromical number of playoff interceptions (28), and many of them game losers.  On top of it all he's now approaching 40 years of age.  On top of even that, he's got a partially torn rotator cuff IN HIS THROWING ARM.  I don't see it.