Feel a little bad for Hoyer....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Feel a little bad for Hoyer....

The guy looks like he is finally going to get a shot as a starter week 1. A rookie draft pick was likely for the Browns, but out of all the guys that could have been drafted...it's Manziel.

Now I see 3 potential scenarios:

1. The best one for Hoyer: He gets the week 1 start, plays amazing, and keeps the job throughout the season.

2. Hoyer starts week 1, plays ok...but has to deal with chants for Manziel anytime he screws up.

3. Manziel starts week 1...maybe due to outperforming Hoyer, but likely because Cleveland gives in to the hype. Hoyer either sits or is traded.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Feel a little bad for Hoyer....

Hoyer was playing good and he had the team behind him. It's hoyers job to lose. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I think Hoyer Starts. I think the job is his unless the team starts out like 0-6 at which point the fans will be going nuts if they don't put Manziel in. No since getting Johnny killed too early in the season. If I'm a Cleveland fan I'd be a little patient with this. They've waited this long, what's another year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Don't feel bad for Hoyer. He is now eligible/vested for the NFL retirement plan which will pay him at least $4,000 a month for life, if he is cut tomorrow. Not bad for carrying TB's clip board and playing a couple games!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm not sold on "Johnny Football".  I do believe they will put him in the lineup at some point this season.  I'm just not convinced he will make it in the NFL.  I'm eager to see if he does.  He's so polarizing that I just want to see which side is right about him.

They better keep Hoyer around because they'll need him again.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Rooting for Hoyer! or is it I'm rooting against Manziel?  Either way, Manziel will be a bust.  Be nice to see Hoyer the humble team first guy beat out Mr Arrogant 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Hoyer played really good last year. I thought that the browns wouldn't draft a QB at all or into the late rounds anyway. 

I have friends who are browns fans and their 100% behind hoyer after the weeden fiasco.  

I say hoyer starts and plays the whole season.  That whole division is for the picking. The steelers stink. The ravens didn't do much after dumping all their money into flaccos basket. Will ray rice even at for them? The bengals. Well their the bengals and Cleveland always plays them tough. The browns could have good things happen minus the josh Gordon problem. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

For an UDFA who spent his formative NFL years in NE, he's doing ok.  He's done enough in Cleveland to guarantee that he's, at worst, an NFL-calibre backup who will have a job for a long time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I guess the question is how long it takes for Manziel to become in reality what he is in spirit: a used car salesman. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I feel bad for any QB who has to watch his top 3 receiver in the NFL get suspended 1 season for something that will no longer be punishable nor should have been, as well as his number 2 and 3 receivers breaking an arm(burleson) and getting cut for disciplinary reasons(greg little). OUCH...Curse of Cleveland continues....

[object HTMLDivElement]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rooting for Hoyer! or is it I'm rooting against Manziel?  Either way, Manziel will be a bust.  Be nice to see Hoyer the humble team first guy beat out Mr Arrogant 

[/QUOTE]

+1 I have a feeling Manziel will be a fumbling machine when he plays. I hate the Russel Wilson comparisons.