feeling some HATERADE: MARINO says ELWAY is the best ever, RICE says PATS have no shot this weekend!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: feeling some HATERADE: MARINO says ELWAY is the best ever, RICE says PATS have no shot this weekend!

No Marino said if Brady wins he could be the best ever. Rice said it is going to be close but hco give the Ravens the edge.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: feeling some HATERADE: MARINO says ELWAY is the best ever, RICE says PATS have no shot this weekend!

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

No Marino said if Brady wins he could be the best ever. Rice said it is going to be close but hco give the Ravens the edge.

i dont get the feelin marino is privately sold on brady, think he feels he's a product of a system and new rules. wanted to break it down by eras. believe he would put in a unitas as well. remember he didnt c certain guys. so elway's in because he saw him.. not sold he's a brady guy. aso mentioned monatana more prominently. again, how many rings did dan get? y is he even in the conversation? to me, its strictly about montana, tb, unitas and elway in any order.. then then peyton and the marino goup with whoever else.

just heard MICHAEL IRVIN lean towards the raves as well. leaning towards raves and atlanta! this is a clear counter-RACE issue. its a ray and inner city thing. the pats are the new duke and notre dame, few brothas can unite around that. even to many non-blacks, we are the new yankees and DUKE. if we win, that just reinforces all that. we are really hated by many. the team everyone loves to hate.

enough with the race crap...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

A lot of people are picking the Ravens..Michael Irvin...Parcells said the Patriots don't match up well against the Ravens. I don't get it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

A lot of people are picking the Ravens..Michael Irvin...Parcells said the Patriots don't match up well against the Ravens. I don't get it.

It is really very simple. The Pats oline does not do well against a physical team. If Brady cant be kept clean, the Pats struggle. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

It is really very simple. The Pats oline does not do well against a physical team. If Brady cant be kept clean, the Pats struggle. 

Very simply, this is the correct answer.

We saw what happened earlier in the year when the Pats squandered a two-score lead with (I think) about six minutes to go. When Baltimore started bringing pressure on every play -- pressure the Pats most certainly must have known was coming -- that vaunted New England offense could do exactly nothing and . . .  as we have come to expect, the defense that had been reasonably staunch in the first half, magically disappeared.

I happen to think that this thing is going to be a blowout, but I can tell you that if the Ravens are anywhere in the neighborhood in the fourth quarter, there's no reason to think the same thing won't happen again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Didn't realize that not picking the Pats makes you racist.

There are two teams playing! Meaning both teams have a shot to win. Who cares who they pick. Everyone picked the Broncos and look at how that turned out for them.

Also, the Ravens are a team that have had good success blitzing Brady. If you remember, they ended two fourth quarter drives by blitzing him during the 4th quarter in the week 3 game. And they did that without Suggs. Yes, Brady has like 20 TDs and 0 Ints against the blitz this season...but the Ravens can play just good enough coverage to make Brady hold the ball and get sacked or throw the incomplete.

Out of any AFC team, these guys have the best shot of beating the Patriots.

But if you want to feel better about "expert" picks, 5 out of 7 Baltimore Sun writers picked the Pats.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-playoff-picks-0118-20130117,0,3896455.story

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

i dont get the feelin marino is privately sold on brady, think he feels he's a product of a system and new rules. wanted to break it down by eras. believe he would put in a unitas as well. remember he didnt c certain guys. so elway's in because he saw him.. not sold he's a brady guy. aso mentioned monatana more prominently. again, how many rings did dan get? y is he even in the conversation? to me, its strictly about montana, tb, unitas and elway in any order.. then then peyton and the marino goup with whoever else.

just heard MICHAEL IRVIN lean towards the raves as well. leaning towards raves and atlanta! this is a clear counter-RACE issue. its a ray and inner city thing. the pats are the new duke and notre dame, few brothas can unite around that. even to many non-blacks, we are the new yankees and DUKE. if we win, that just reinforces all that. we are really hated by many. the team everyone loves to hate.

Doesn't Michael Irving consider BB and Brady the greatest QB and Coach of all time? Not sure it is a race thing, maybe he just on the Ray Lewis bandwagon. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Called opinions....  Ravens have always been a tough game for the Pats.

Also, what do you mean a "lot of people are picking the Ravens"?  Looking at various on line sites, most, even a majority of the Baltimore Sun beat writers, have the Patriots winning.  Not by the large margin many here think, but, winning.  Now, if it is against the spread, I can see picking the Ravens to cover, but win outright, different story.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I just check and CBS SportsLine has everyone picking the Pats staight up and the Ravens to cover the 9.5 points.  That reasonable but I don't think they will cover.  The Pats are ready to bust open a 50 on the Crows this weeks.  Look for Vultures circling over Ray Ray in the fourth quarter

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

enough with the race crap...

I agree

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The Patriots are 9 or 10 point favorites I think. The wise guys in  Vegas usually know more than guys like Rice and Irvin do about the NFL lol..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

As usual Commie screams about a conflagration when it's a burning match.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

The Patriots are 9 or 10 point favorites I think. The wise guys in  Vegas usually know more than guys like Rice and Irvin do about the NFL lol..

The guys in Vegas know how people bet. Denver was a 9.5 point favorite...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Doesn't Michael Irving consider BB and Brady the greatest QB and Coach of all time? Not sure it is a race thing, maybe he just on the Ray Lewis bandwagon. 

Irvin usually loves what the Pats are doing. I've heard nothing but high praise about Brady and BB from him.

It's probably a Ray thing. Or maybe the Ravens just have more players from the University of Miami. I've got Lewis and Reed on the Ravens and Wilfork on the Pats. Anyone else?

Sections
Shortcuts