In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

I believe what Felger said was he doesn't like how certain questions weren't asked, like how does Brady feel about losing his favorite target again? How does he feel the defense has been inproved when it hasn't added a pass rusher? How does the drafting of this team affect the chances of them winning another Super Bowl? Because those were things King asked in a round about way at the end of his fluff piece on Brady, but he didn't actually ask Brady those things. Felger then said a fluff piece was ok 8 years ago when Brady was unbeaten in the playoffs and had won those Super Bowls...that is not the case now. 

Ok, so why doesn't the media ask Brady this? Reiss has never done it. No one has.  I am not saying Brady censors King's or anyone's interviews, but it's maddening to not hear Brady address how he needs to improve. I fully realize it's sort of cornering him, but I am starting to wonder if he realizes how poor his last AFC title games really are or why INTs on 1st downs are so prevalent now.

At best, at best, he'd been mediocre for like 7 years in the postseason! He's been inconsistent. He's been generally GREAT in the wild card or divisional round (Minus 2010), but he's been bad or average in the title games and SBs.

You can't dispute this. So, I don't care about him at the Kentucky Derby or cleaning his moat or him throwing passes to Terrell Owens in LA.

As a fan, I don't care about that.

I want Brady to publicly acknowledge that he and he alone, as the leader of this team, needs to raise the bar, personally, because that will channel down to the rest of the team. And, then I want him to show me. Don't tell me your arm feels good or any of this other meaningless crap. Just go play and be smart, get under Center, target everyone, don't play favorites, and you'll be a better QB as a result.

Thinking you're kind of above the kids in that locker room who don't have rings, etc, is getting really old, too. The staring down of the WR or TE who isn't perfect while he isn't even close to being perfect himself, looks bad.

It's the consistency qtr to qtr, game to game that matters. Not some incredible 6 TD game vs 8-8 Denver and Tim Tebow. No Patriot fan worth his salt should give two squats about that stuff at this point.

We're going to have an absolutely LOADED young D for the next few years and we're going to be wondering what Brady does at certain times in close games in January and hopefully February.

It'd be nice if we can past the 20 point mark in those games, JUST ONCE.  Once.

If we do win another SB, our D will hold to under 20 points, but our offense led by the supposed GOAT must led that offense to over 20 points.

Really? He's not going to answer one single difficult question about himself or the team. This is what athletes of his stature do. Weather you believe it or not, he has reached that Michael Jordan, Gretzky level...average reporters aren't just going to ask him certain things. Not going to happen - plus it's not like this guy isn't playing at an elite level, just because you don't want to recognize it, doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't see it that way.

So, you're saying for the next 5 seasons here, he is above reproach in January or February? Then, what is the point of him saying his favorite ring is the next one, if he's all set with 3 and his Canton invitation?

Care to answer that one?

Your answer and attitude is my fear of what the problem has been. I don't care if he's Gretzky level or Larry Bird or whoever.  

I'm not saying it's right, but I also think he is still playing at a very high level...I don't think he is the problem, if I thought he was the problem I'd agree with you here. When he becomes the problem I think people will fire away...people don't think he is the problem in the media (and I think they're right). You know how Boston is, as soon as they think you are on a decline they will crucify you...it doesn't matter who you are, but when you are playing at a elite level they aren't going to press you.

He's been playing at a high level in the postseasons of late?  His stats are 28 TDs and 19 INTs in the postseason since 2005.  That's nowhere near representatitve of a QB playing at a high level.

Since 2007, in 3 AFC title games, 8 TDs and 9 INTs. And you can't argue that Gronk was missing, because he was awful with a loaded cast in 2007, too.  So, it's not just because a great TE got hurt.

We're not going to beat an elite AFC team or a great NFC team with a mediocre, or at times, subpar QB. It's just not going to happen.

It's that simple. Why can't you and others just admit it and move on?

These are real numbers and stats.  Nothing is made up.  I have sent an email to WEEI asking them for access to 2010 interview with Dennis and Callahan so I can show everyone where he said he prefers the shotgun, but no response so far. 

I've Googled it and I can't find it. It was the Fall of 2010 and it was around the time Moss was dealt, either before or after. I am not making it up. It totally caught my eye and until he gets back under center and leans on our run game to establish a run with no gimmicks like a hurry up or shotgun spread base, it's going to be burned into my brain when we score 13 points off of 45+ passes and blowing a lead.

So, most of this is on Brady, his preference of formations, audibles the autonommy he has to run a series of plays with full rein, etc.

How many any real Pats fan be happy with how he's played lately?

I really don't think he has been the post season problem, I think the defense has been. I think Brady has done well honestly. I and everyone knew he would struggle against Baltimore because they have one of the best pass defenses in the league...and he did. Now on both occasions Gronk was either out, or about to be out. I do think the last playoff game against Baltimore wasn't his best...he made a few mistakes and he didn't carry the team on his shoulders. That is the problem - he needs to carry this team on his shoulders and its not realistic to expect that in every playoff game. In the Super Bowl he would of won the MVP easily if we had won that game.

I don't care if he likes playing in the shotgun - despite what you may think this team is far from being dominant in the running department. This team also does not house a Super Bowl quality defense...you need both to win a Super Bowl. I really believe this is a 7-9 team without Brady..that's not good enough.

So, when our D bails him out in the 2007 AFC title game or Laura Maroney with 22 carries for 125 yards or when Spikes picks Flacco in the 2011 AFC title game, with Brady throwing yet another INT in the game on 1st down on the very next play, this is your idea of good QB play in the postseason?

This is a 10-6 team with a solid back up veteran QB with what would be around that kind of a QB here. Cassel went 11-5 in 2008, for example, and there is WAY, WAY more talent across the roster on offense now and on D compared to then. 

We're a 13-3 or 14-2 team with him, but what does it matter if he's helping us to 13 or 17 points in these games? You're basically saying 13-17 points of scoring is enough for us to win.

You expect our D to seriously hold teams to 12 or 13 points while he's tossing 2 or 3 INTs and passing over 40 times?

Why?

17 points is obviously enough to win as the Gints did in 2007.

The D gave up the game winning drive both SB's and in the majority of losses since 2007.

Do you know it's twice as likely to prevent a team from scoring as it is to score?

Yup, 33% scoring % as apposed to 66% not.

Do you know you would have to score on 50% of your drives with an even TD/FG ratio to score 20 points in a 8 possession game?

Do you know the D allowed a 50% scoring percentage when just an average D only allows 33%?

Do you know a D should only spend 2:38 on the field per possession, not 4:45?

Do you know that NO SB TEAM has ever won with a higher than 87 DPR?

Can you even imagine their DPR without TB blowing teams away, game after game after game?  Well, guess what happens when he can't. 

They lose!

An average QB on this team and they are the JETS, except the jest D is better, so maybe not even that.  Hell, every AFC E team has had a better D than the Pats.

The 2-14 Rams had a better D in 2011.

What they don't have is the QB and the coach.

Did you just say the Giants won with 17 so it's "obviously" enough? So, a miracle aberration score in this day and age is the norm?

Discussion over (before it even begins, lol). What a tool and loser.

Show anyone here when any SB winner minus the David Tyree miracle helmet Giants' 17 points is normally enough in any SB in the last 20 years.  Go ahead. You can't do it.  It doesn't exist, you idiot!

All of a sudden our legendary, world record breaking offense in 2007 shouldn't be scoring more than 17 points when they AVERAGED 30 all year.

That's well below the average! Well below! Not even close! 2011's was also horrendous based on their output.

11 points after 3 qtrs in 2010's loss to the Jets? Horrendous!   Horrendous! And, it's off a Bye week!

BB didn't forget how to coach, moron, our finesse offense sucks donkey balls!

You moron fantasy bandwagon losers love it all year so you can count your fantasy points and then run away when Brady's preference predictably SUCKS in January.

Not debatable anymore. DONE.

Did the Giants not win SB 42 with 17 points you freaken brain dead, troll?

Did TB and the O not walk off the field with the lead up until the last 35 seconds and 57 seconds in both SB's?

Did the D not allow the Gints to score on 50% of their possessions?

Game over, called due to forfeit.

The Pats offense in 2007 was the all time greatest offense, statistically in NFL history, yet you think we should have only put up 18 points in an offensive era?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 points is not even enough in 1975 let alone 2008, you inbred.

It was the most embarrassing display anyone has ever seen an offense perform in sports history in terms of what they did in a regular season as compared to the postseason.

It's Barry Bonds. It's the equivalent of the 1980s Edmonton Oilers running roughshod over the NHL and NEVER winning a Cup.

No matter how you slice it, our D had like 4 future HOFers or potential HOFers on it in 2007.  In 2011, we didn't have anything like that at all.

One D held for 10 points all game, the other, 13 points.

What's the common denominator??!!!! Tom Brady's preferred shotgun spread and 40+ passes to try to score more than 17 points!

Horrendous!

They couldn't even get to 20 points!

The common denominator is a D that allowed 50% scoring, and gave up the game winning drive and couldn't get off the field if they yelled "fire" which ate up 1/3rd of the O's scoring ability.

The first drive in SB 42, they were on the field for 10 freaken minutes for cripes sake, and that was just 1/2 of one possession.   That's the equivalent of 4  average Defensive possessions! Stupid!

It's the equivalent of the 1980s Edmonton Oilers running roughshod over the NHL and NEVER winning a Cup.

the edmonton oilers won 4 cups in the 1980's russ

No kidding, MORON. Oh my god, are you dumb. I said it was "like" or "as if". Get it?

Read it again, idiot.

You're so hellbent on following me around, you can't even read. Oh my, what a tool.

actually you said it was the "equivalent" which does not mean "as if" or "like" and perhaps you should re-read how you phrased that entire paragraph so you could see exactly how it reads regardless of ur intended meaning

i expected clearer phrasing from such an intellect

but i digress...back to ur 152 IQ Brady bashing  :  )

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Felger's Question

In response to mia76's comment:

What a non-story.

How many times do you want Brady to say he played like crap? Or Welker to say he should have made that catch, or _____ to say he missed an assignment? Sh@t happens. Pats players usually step up to the mike and take the blame. As does the coaching staff. It is a team game in a single elimination tournament. Best team does not always win, and it is difficult to beat a very good team twice in a year which is often what has happened to the Pats in the playoffs.

We seem to have a bunch of posters who believe the Pats should win out every year or that it is a simple thing to 'fix' a defense or offense each year. All you have to look at is McCourty's career to see how difficult it is to project from year to year - PB corner, to disaster, to good safety over a 3 year period. Add in that NFL success hinges on the injury lists as well and it can be a nightmare. And this is not baseball or basketball where you can just go out and buy, you have a hard salary cap. And most teams that try to buy a SB end up as total disasters.

It's more about the pattern of he and others acting like they played well enough and it's not on them. It's why this "BB hasn't had a good D" rhetoric has paralleled these losses.

It's a myth that D doesn't help us win games (even if I fully realize the D had some warts, as all Ds do). I thought this would have been over when the D bailed Brady out of his awful 2011 AFC title game. I thought him saying he sucked on national TV was a huge turning point for that issue and he would really respond in the SB.

I was wrong.

In all honesty, I saw some of the same bad habits from his decisons and body language last year.

It just doesn't go away, which is my concern with him.    Once he shows me it's gone, great!  Until then, I can't pretend I am not seeing these kinds of things resurface.

QB league, offensive era and our supposed best player is simply not pulling his weight in the postseason. It's not just one game every other postseason, and it's not always anyother part of the roster's fault as the makeshift scapegoat of the day either.

The media likes him so much, that literally no one brings it up. I am not saying be unprofessional about it, but can't one media head ask why he likes the hurry up or shotgun so much? Can't one media head ask why he thinks his play has taken a dive lately?  Not one person can ask this? 

Gomer gets the same treatment. They gloss over the truths.  3 INTs, one a pick 6 in Denver, outdoors in colder weather.  It's not surprising to me, but the only people who change these things are they, themselves. But, it's just annoying to see the lazy media piszs in the wind, ignoring real stories. Then, they go digging for garbage and borderline lies to get hits on blogs.

There is no way Brady or Gomer are satisfied by continuing to play and then playing poorly in the bigger games, and if they are, then they're done.

that and the fact that after a 5 year "rebuild on the fly" ur D is about as hard as sherbet in the clutch

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The dynasty teams were great. Those were once in a lifetime teams that many team's fans never get to experience. And some people want it twice in one decade? Dream much?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I hope you're not talking to me.

Felger and anyone else who thinks we should win the super bowl more often. With a little luck we could have won two or three or more championships but I can die happy with experiencing three in my lifetime.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Pats defense

2006 - Ranked 2nd in points allowed, ranked 6th in yards allowed

2007 - Ranked 4th in points allowed, ranked 4th in yards allowed

2008 - Ranked 8th in points allowed, ranked 10th in yards allowed

2009 - Ranked 5th in points allowed, ranked 11th in yards allowed

2010 - Ranked 8th in points allowed, ranked 25th in yards allowed

2011 - Ranked 15th in points allowed, ranked 31st in yards allowed

2012 - Ranked 9th in points allowed, ranked 25th in yards allowed.

It all started to go down hill for the defense in 2008 and hit full speed in 2010 and still going.  Need to do something about this defense!  Hopefully this will be the season!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Pats defense

It all started to go down hill for the defense in 2008 and hit full speed in 2010 and still going.  Need to do something about this defense!  Hopefully this will be the season!

so this is the Rebuild?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Pats defense

so this is the Rebuild?

Well maybe it's not rebuilding cause we make the playoffs again this year. That's a lot better then struggling to maybe make 8-8.  Oh yeah the NFCE. 8-8 might do it there.