Fells and Ballard cut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Re: Fells and Ballard cut

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not surprised by either one being released - I'm sure rusty is on suicide watch as he was the one who argued with everone regarding Ballard's speed, versatility and value. At one point he said he reminded him of David Thomas (no idea in a million years how he made that correlation).

Who is going to play tightend? Suds of course and Who man, but there's got to be a move coming.

Looks like rkarp was right on another one - he said from the very beginning that Ballard wouldn't make the team..couldn't run, wasn't healed, wasn't the same player, etc. Rusty should learn his lesson and not debate with rkarp. Owned.

rkarp goes and watches stuff first hand.  Rusty gets his info from the internet (which he says isn't a good source). 

Very, very noticably absent right now.

[/QUOTE]

Man, smelly bar, you are OBSESSED with Rusty...about that he was right...LMFAO!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

[QUOTE]

Rusty knew all of this. 

you know, I cant keep my mouth shut on this one. I said at OTA's the guy was limping. I said in camp the guy was not healthy. This dope Rusty was on me like white on rice, calling me a liar, saying I didnt know what I was looking at, that I was anti BB and simply trying to denigrate BB's off season moves...

I like Ballard as a player and as a Pat. I think he could have helped this team. He simply is not healthy.... yet. It would not surprise me if he is picked up (Jets?) or if he is not, when he is healthy, if a need arises, the PAts resign him...

not 1 knock on Ballard from me....ever. simply was not healthy enough (yet) he did not only have an acl..he also had micro fracture...now known as the amare stoudamire surgery...very hard to recover quickly

[/QUOTE]

Chalk another one up for the good guys!!

Good Guys = 23,682

Rusty = 0

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Visanthe Ballard got cut? The great blocker was overpowered by the defense at the Detriot game and pushed back into Brady. Did he have any meaningful reception in the 4 games he played ?

Living well is the best revenge.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

What ever WR or TE that is cut will probably end up on the Jests. They lack in everything except Dlineman and then they only have 4

i wouldnt be surprsied if rex took the dbs if any are cut

As with most blogs here- i saw Ballard as hurt and not well - not surprised to be cut,       Fells ? alot more surprised as he was supposedly playing well early. maybe he does come back.

I am not a Dr. , I haven't seen Gronk run. I don't know if he is in football condition, or how balkey his back is, but i would IR Gronk for 6 games - i am just so tired of him not being well for the PO's - It may have even cost us a SB and or an AFC championship game

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

must mean Tebow's staying   Laughing

Sadly I think you might be right, but not for football reasons. I don't see how this guy can help the team in a football manner. He seems like a Rudy, will give you 120% on the practice field and everyone loves him but you don't want to put him on the field. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

2 cuts at TE. Could that mean the Pats may increase the number of promising young players at the WR position, someone like Sims?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

2 cuts at TE. Could that mean the Pats may increase the number of promising young players at the WR position, someone like Sims?

It's a possibility or that they are keeping an extra RB. Not sure I see them carrying 7 WRs but 5RBs and a FB (Devlin) or maybe 6 RBs (Winn) or (shutter) Tebow

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm not really surprised at Ballard's release based on what I've seen and read.  Hope it's simply a matter of the guy getting his knee right and connecting with another team or perhaps returning when healthy.  

Serious question for those who felt Fells should have been kept over Hoomanawanui - do you see his blocking as that much better than Hoo?  I always felt that Hoo was more mobile but his blocking was ok enough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's a possibility or that they are keeping an extra RB. Not sure I see them carrying 7 WRs but 5RBs and a FB (Devlin) or maybe 6 RBs (Winn) or (shutter) Tebow 

[/QUOTE]

6 RBs is interesting although I did like what I saw from Winn last night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Bet the Giants are now thankful for the Pats paying Ballards salary for the year he was hurt.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

one of them a candidiate to come back after week 1 at reduced salary?

Yes.  What with the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, that's the trend these days.  See one of you after the Buffalo game ends. 

People don't want Ballard at his current NY Giants contract price because he can't run as fast yet. 

Fells is a marginal guy.  He can be rehired at a low price by someone.

There's a real danger here that the other teams, jealous of the Patriots' winning ways, will hire anyone and anything with a Patriots jersey on it, including a bedpost.  Ballard never played a game with the Pats so he might sneak through.

On the other hand, bargains will pop up throughout the NFL and BB will want to scoop them up, either at their original prices or at game-to-game discount prices.  So, don't wait up for Ballard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bet the Giants are now thankful for the Pats paying Ballards salary for the year he was hurt.  

The Giants couldn't afford him anyway, which is why he was on waivers. Goes to show you how bad a posiiton the Giants are in as they miss the playoffs yet again.  Good thing Coughlin had in Andre Brown at the end of the second qtr, too, last night. LOL

You seem to not get WE COULD AFFORD to stash a cheap guy on IR because of HOW WELL OUR TEAM IS RUN.

Get it?

It's no different than taking a flier on Haynesworth.  Skins off a lockout, poorly managed, but we aren't, so we absorb his contract for the year. Why? Because we could!

Translation? It's worth the risk!  

You're too intelligent to come off so dumb all the time Prolate.  

[/QUOTE]

The good news is we can afford to waste money . .  .

The bad news is we actually waste it  . . .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Am I wrong in thinking we now do not have a blocking TE on staff? WhoMan ain't that guy...correct?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Am I wrong in thinking we now do not have a blocking TE on staff? WhoMan ain't that guy...correct?

Well, there's Gronk.  I think Hoomanawanui will have to play that role, and I'm sure they think Sudfeld can develop into a better blocker.  I think there's a possibility Fells might be back at a lower price, too. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Exactly what I was thinking.  6'3" Sims... Put on a few # block a few guys... Plus he can RUN. Hybrid anyone?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The Giants couldn't afford him anyway, which is why he was on waivers. Goes to show you how bad a posiiton the Giants are in as they miss the playoffs yet again.  Good thing Coughlin had in Andre Brown at the end of the second qtr, too, last night. LOL

You seem to not get WE COULD AFFORD to stash a cheap guy on IR because of HOW WELL OUR TEAM IS RUN.

Get it?

It's no different than taking a flier on Haynesworth.  Skins off a lockout, poorly managed, but we aren't, so we absorb his contract for the year. Why? Because we could!

Translation? It's worth the risk!  

You're too intelligent to come off so dumb all the time Prolate.  

The good news is we can afford to waste money . .  .

The bad news is we actually waste it  . . .

On a PS level salary guy?  You've got to be kidding me. This is like whining about the 53rd man on the roster's current salary and him being Inactive every week.

Who cares?

Every team cuts guys, every team wastes money, every team carries dead money.

It's how well your team is built from year to year, like ours, with continuity (you hope, not 2010 or 2011 since the team was young), not who the trendy name on the jersey is.

We'll THREE, COUNT THEM, THREE, quality UDFAs making the team this year:

Thompkins

Sudfeld

Kline

Stunning. Go look at the other teams in this league and go show me 3 UDFAs who not only looked really good, but will probably be on the team for a little while.

You're little subtle trolling here, Prolate, on the backs of the RKraps, our non Pats board trolls, the Mt HUrls, Babes, Pezzies and all the rest who don't appreciate how GREAT BB Has been is getting really old.

The looking at the glass a 1/4 full all the time is annoying and you actually spend thousands of dollars per year to support this team?

Are you really diehard fan or are you a frontrunning fan who kinda cupcaked into season tickets because you just have some disposable income, so you can you saw Brady play so many times live?

Just stick to the Argonauts if BB is making your Pats fandom so miserable for you.

I've said all along I didn't think picking up Ballard was the "genius" move a lot of other posters thought.  It was a big risk on a guy who might never play. Fine to take that risk, but it's hardly a sign of genius . . .

Kind of like Ras-I.  Or, as you point out, Haynesworth.  

I don't think it's bad BB takes these chances . . . I just think it's funny how certain posters claim every one of BB's moves is pure genius, when sometimes his moves are just moves that may or may not work out. 

Ballard may have been good insurance for half a million dollars.  Or he may have been just a waste of half a million dollars. 

Again, though, the Giants must be delighted in retrospect that it was the Pats half million and not theirs . . . . 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I think the TE cuts have direct effect on FB and DE/LBs as those are the typical trade-offs for special teams/offensive game plans. This is good news for Devlin and for possibly one extra LB making the roster.

Of course we all talk 53 but reality is that I expect the Pats to claim/sign one or two players off of wavers after Saturday - a DT from one of the teams with too many, another TE, or maybe a CB. So making the '53' may only mean that the cut comes a few days later.

I like Sims but I don't see themkeeping 7 WRs and I think he will be available for PS.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

No shocker.

Sections
Shortcuts