Feminization of Pro Football Continues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues

"Miniscule amounts if any go toward prevention."

I agree. Bill Maher and others have been trying to blame the healthcare problem in this country on the greasy kid stuff that people eat, the lack of exercise etc.
    I eat all the right foods and get plenty of fresh air and exercise. I don't have cancer but I'm in constant pain and I don't take pills. I just live with it. The proliferation of pill commercials on TV and their ridiculous side effects are beginning to sound comical. More should be done in the area of research and education. I'm sure life would improve for many if they changed their lifestyles and weren't made to feel like whackos if they do.
    Go Pats!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Will someone remove that photo of Erin Andrews.
    It's making me itch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues:
    Will someone remove that photo of Erin Andrews. It's making me itch.
    Posted by Yapple

That has to be the strangest physical reaction to a picture of Erin Andrews (or anyone for that matter) I will ever read.

They probably have a lotion for that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Will someone remove that photo of Erin Andrews. It's making me itch.
    Posted by Yapple

That's what wearing pink does to you :^)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I'm not wearing pink. I think I should have said..."The photo is beginning to distract me to the point where I'm not getting any work done."
    Is that better?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I'm not wearing pink. I think I should have said..."The photo is beginning to distract me to the point where I'm not getting any work done." Is that better?
    Posted by Yapple

Yes.

Does the not wearing pink comment mean anything?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from drawme. Show drawme's posts

Couple thoughts -

First, the reaction of giggling/laughing is actually a good reaction to this.  You noticed it.  It IS funny and odd/out of place.  The face that it is so out of place is the POINT.  The point of wearing pink during this month is to get breast cancer into peoples' minds.  Some people will then do something, give $5, whatever.  Most won't.  Personally, I find it hilarious.  And think before you pink doesn't apply here - the NFL isn't shilling a product causing breast cancer.  Yes, NFL athletes do advertise that stuff, but they will whether they also call attention to important causes or not.

Second, the idea of football as some fantasyland totally removed from the real world is just ridiculous.  The military is trotted it out practically every week and nobody objects... and nobody SHOULD object.  The NFL is in a unique position to bring attention to important causes and should take advantage.  Honoring our vets, raising cancer awareness... it's socially responsible and doesn't detract from the bone-jarringly violent sport we love.  It's a win-win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I think you're all  missing the point. Its not about "feminization", it's all about political correctness. The NFL realizes that their female fan base is maybe 3% but I don't see them making this move to try to increase that market share. Remember, its the network weenies that get this type of thing started and who, by and large, call the shots for NFL programming. Those people are nearly all far-left politically and they live for PC.
    Look at the NBA. I'd be surprised of their fan base is even at 3% but a few years ago, we started seeing female refs. Nothing to do with the fan base, everything to do with PC. Fmale officials are in the NFL will be next, you read it here first.
    When's was the last prostrate cancer awareness day anyone saw? Not to minimize the impact of breast cancer but prostrate cancer actually has a much higher rate of incidence, but not among a high PC status goup, i.e., women, so its unimportant to the crusaders.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues :      Obviously, you sir wear ribbons well.
    Posted by TexasPat3

lame

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbreg7. Show rbreg7's posts

Stupidest, most ignorant, waiting-for-our-balls-to-drop topic ever.

It's a good way to get the message out.

Let it go.

What decade are you living in?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Texas, what do you think of the fine on Meriweather for 7,500 dollars for taunting?

To me, this is the most over the top, blown out of proportion bs fine ever!

This league has gone S-O-F-T

Maybe the players can get in touch with their feminine side on a weekly basis on the Oprah Winfrey show - UNREAL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

You have to laugh at the stupidity of what is going on in the NFL these days... the rules are doing nothing to protect anybody, because when someone does really have their knee purposely blown out, they don't do anything to the player who did it.

Anyone remember what the NFL said about Pollard and his hit to Brady's knee?

How about the hit Titan's WR Bobby Wade put on Harrison's knee, last game of the year in 2006, blowing out his knee, with Jeff Fisher laughing it up on the sideline with his players over it?

Anyone remember the hit Warren Sapp put on Chad Clifton, 30 yards away from the ball, with absolutely zero chance to make any impact on the play?

None of those hits were illegal by NFL 'rules' so they let them go.

I'm not worried about pink shoes or hats... I'm worried that guys that should be suspended from the game for the year... aren't being punished, and the message that sends to players is keep on taking kill shots on guys you don't like, or guys that the other team needs to win the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Anyone remember what the NFL said about Pollard and his hit to Brady's knee?...
    None of those hits were illegal by NFL 'rules' so they let them go. 
    Posted by nykrb

When the NFL clarified the roughing the passer rules this year with the so-called Brady rule, to me that was a tacit admission that Pollard's hit was illegal. 

Sections
Shortcuts