Feminization of Pro Football Continues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues

In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues:
    I am certain that this is the stupidest conversation I have ever read on this board. Think about it this way:  Breast Cancer is both treatable AND preventable.  However, the only way to treat and prevent it are if people are aware of it. Plenty of women enjoy watching football.  Maybe some of them are cancer survivors and this show of awareness and support helps their recovery by lifting their spirit.  Maybe someone goes and has a lump checked out and finds something before it metastasizes.  Maybe a family has a discussion during the game about what the shoe color is about.  How is any of this a bad thing?   While as hypothetical as these results are, they are positive, as intended.  It is not intended to ruin your game experience.  If the result of watching Brady make a touchdown pass in pink shoes for one game makes you uncomfortable, maybe you need to take a look at your priorities and beliefs.
    Posted by willrunz

True. And, I am not sure how many but some of the players actually have women in their lives who have died from, survived or currently have breast cancer. It just might actually be an important issue for them. You know, they kind of like having Mom around.

You are right - the issue isn't with making people aware of breast cancer. The issue is with those who have an issue with it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues : Yada yada yada...... If you are a female and NEED to be told/advised/counselled, reminded, or whatever other "nudge" word you want to use, then I profess that you're beyond hope. I don't see the need to constantly remind reasonable people that they need cancer screening, and I know that the NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL ain't the ones to do this reminding, or making us aware.  They are only being PC in this stuff. Nothing more, nothing less. So, go ahead and swallow the propaganda bait.   LIke I said before, if you don't agree in lock step, you're a "dissenter". LMFAO because I can think and reason all on my own without the NFL, or Big Brother govt telling me to do so.
    Posted by AZPAT

Not everyone in the world is as as well-informed as you are, AZ. They also aren't so willfully ignorant.

How many grandkids do you have that were born to your high school aged kids?

Good to see your kids didn't swallow the "propaganda" about the risks of unprotected sex and the potential for teenage pregnancy. Fight the man!

Oh, out of curiosity, how does it "ruin your environment"? Does pink somehow clash with the mildewed curtains of your double-wide?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeNapoli. Show DeNapoli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues : So when is Phil going to play with a pink putter and pink Titelist balls? Clue time: He's not the first, and he's not the last to have this situation to deal with. 

http://topics.npr.org/photo/0cS2bZt4Scc9I  Besides, I think Phil's got a lot more on his mind than the color of his balls.

Clue time?  Is it "State the Obvious" day?  Of course he's not the first nor will he be the last.  Let's just hope your family isn't the next one affected by it.

What you're tending to forget is the title of this thread.  Just because football players wear a little pink to try and save lives doesn't mean that the sport is being suddenly being pansified.  If they can wear it without a problem, surely some of you armchair quarterbacks can s uck it up for a few hours.  If not, don't watch.  Simple, eh?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues : True. And, I am not sure how many but some of the players actually have women in their lives who have died from, survived or currently have breast cancer. It just might actually be an important issue for them. You know, they kind of like having Mom around. You are right - the issue isn't with making people aware of breast cancer. The issue is with those who have an issue with it.
    Posted by EnochRoot

HUH?

Tell me that only NFL players have lost loved ones to breast cancer. Or, only MLB players (but ONLY on Mother's Day). Sorry, still doesn't fly. If anyone needs to be made aware of this disease, then they need help identifying when to come in out of the rain or a blizzard.

What kind of drivel is you last statement: The issues isn't with making people aware of it, but rather with those who have an issue with it. I can see that you're probably a victim of a public education in the People's Republic.

You're a moron! Now, what's the issue? That I made you aware of it? Or that you may have an issue with it at all? In any case, you'd need some help, by your logic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oleme. Show oleme's posts

Apparently there are a lot of guys that write comments in here that aren't man enough to wear anything pink.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues : HUH? Tell me that only NFL players have lost loved ones to breast cancer. Or, only MLB players (but ONLY on Mother's Day). Sorry, still doesn't fly. If anyone needs to be made aware of this disease, then they need help identifying when to come in out of the rain or a blizzard. What kind of drivel is you last statement: The issues isn't with making people aware of it, but rather with those who have an issue with it. I can see that you're probably a victim of a public education in the People's Republic. You're a moron! Now, what's the issue? That I made you aware of it? Or that you may have an issue with it at all? In any case, you'd need some help, by your logic.
    Posted by AZPAT

It looks like you had a couple of helpings of trailer returd this morning. Good for you. I hope things come out OK.

When did I say that only NFL players have lost people to breast cancer? I simply said that the players might happen to have people in their lives who have had breast cancer. Is that statement really that difficult for you? Stop confusing your self.

And you actually think that everyone knows about this disease? There aren't any women who don't know about it? Are you sure? Maybe if your wife hadn't left you, you could ask her. 

One would think that kids would know that sex leads to pregnancy. I guess yours are just stupid. Maybe you forgot to tell them.

Oh, by the way, people who actually know they should get tested do actually get tested and guess what - they have breast cancer. You do realize that part of breast cancer awareness is to also generate charitable contributions towards finding a cure.

Now, if they only had a cure for unwanted teenage pregnancy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I have no problem with this.  Not with the cause.  Not with the causes ability to find uncommon ways to "get the word out". 

Currently we live in a society where a movement is afoot that believes we are better off giving our disposable income to the government because it knows better how to distribute it than letting us choose for ourselves. 

If private charities can do an effective job of keeping awareness for their causes front and center, then more power to them.  It is better off this way then allowing the government to determine where our individual monies should go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think it's humorous to see football players wearing pink.  I think I'm not alone.  The bars and football parties tomorrow are going to erupt into laughter every time the cameras do a close-up on a player in pink.  Do you think Moss and Brady didn't receive a little sarcastic humor in the locker room?  I won't miss the games tomorrow for the life of me.  Kind of wonder how many players on different teams will wear pink this month.  Can't wait to see how the late night talk show hosts run with this.

I'm hardly upset at the NFL for doing this though.  It's a good cause.  One of a hundred good causes.

I really find funny hearing about how "real" men have no problem wearing pink.  I really do live on a different planet.  I went to the mall today and looked to see how many men were wearing pink. Zero.  I didn't see any males man enough to wear a comfortable dress either.  Too funny.  To the 100 real men in America: "you go girl" :^)  I have a lot of things I'm going to try to do in my life.  I have a lot of good things I want to do before I die.  Finding my feminine side isn't one of them.  If that makes me something so be it.  It is what it is.  I'm hardly alone; at least not on my planet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I think it's humorous to see football players wearing pink.  I think I'm not alone.  The bars and football parties tomorrow are going to erupt into laughter every time the cameras do a close-up on a player in pink.  Do you think Moss and Brady didn't receive a little sarcastic humor in the locker room?  I won't miss the games tomorrow for the life of me.  Kind of wonder how many players on different teams will wear pink this month.  Can't wait to see how the late night talk show hosts run with this. I'm hardly upset at the NFL for doing this though.  It's a good cause.  One of a hundred good causes. I really find funny hearing about how "real" men have no problem wearing pink.  I really do live on a different planet.  I went to the mall today and looked to see how many men were wearing pink. Zero.  I didn't see any males man enough to wear a comfortable dress either.  Too funny.  To the 100 real men in America: "you go girl" :^)  I have a lot of things I'm going to try to do in my life.  I have a lot of good things I want to do before I die.  Finding my feminine side isn't one of them.  If that makes me something so be it.  It is what it is.  I'm hardly alone; at least not on my planet.
    Posted by carawaydj

Alone or not, wearing pink isn't "finding your feminine side". It is saying eff you to anyone who has notions that color defines a person.

I guess you can take solace in that you aren't alone. Or, you can just be yourself and not worry about what others think of you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Feminization of Pro Football Continues : Texas-- You are right as usual. How about a Prostrate Cancer Awareness Day? All cancers are bad but football is an entertaining sport. Can we not enjoy it without being reminded of the not so pleasant parts of life? My brother just died from cancer. Also the proliferation of women sideline reporters needs to come to an end. Now I'm sure that statement will draw flak.
    Posted by TSWFAN

You don't want this lurking on the sidelines?

ERIN ANDREWS
    Its Ok by me

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

www.thinkbeforeyoupink.org

Think Before You Pink, a project of Breast Cancer Action, launched in 2002 in response to the growing concern about the overwhelming number of pink ribbon products and promotions on the market. The campaign calls for more transparency and accountability by companies that take part in breast cancer fundraising.

The modern breast cancer epidemic didn't exist 200 years ago.  1 in 1800 people died of cancer then.  It's caused by garbage sold in stores and in restaurants:  pesticides, toxics in cosmetics, sugar substitutes, food products loaded up on fat and sugar, plasticizers in water bottles, estrogen substitutes inside baby bottle nipples.

It's not that I have anything against players running around in tutus and lip-synching Tina Turner while polluted.  Most guys turn into sex-drive idiots at least once in their lives, and football players are no exception.  The real problem for me is that every one of these politically gutless clowns is sober and shilling for the same pinkwashing companies that now cause half the nation's breast cancer.  That's exactly who knocks off everybody's sisters, wives and mothers by the millions.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues : Amen. This thread is pathetic on so many levels. First, it's not like Brady is wearing pink clothes to shill some commercial product. It's for cancer for crying out loud! If you want the NFL to be your own private little reality distortion chamber shielded from the horrors of life, why don't you object when they salute fallen war heroes? When the bombers fly over the stadium? When they trot out the military? Why did the NFL have the nerve to spoil the SB vs. the Rams with all that 9/11 stuff. That sure ruined it for me. Please. Man, war sure sounds a whole lot scarier than some pink shoes to me. And to equate an awareness campaign with the evolution of the rules is a ridiculous reach. The rules have to evolve with the game. The players are bigger, faster, stronger than ever. Wanna see the stretcher or the cart come out on every play? Great, keep the rules the same. You can keep pushing your little Goodell jihad as long as you like, but I sure prefer an NFL where the players have at least a bit of a disincentive to end my QB's career with a hit to the knees or carry a gun into a club.
    Posted by seattlemaslow

Obviously, you sir wear ribbons well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues :  You don't want this lurking on the sidelines? ERIN ANDREWS Its Ok by me
    Posted by jbolted

Bolt buddy...I think you've changed my mind on the topic. Let there be pink!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues : Alone or not, wearing pink isn't "finding your feminine side". It is saying eff you to anyone who has notions that color defines a person. I guess you can take solace in that you aren't alone. Or, you can just be yourself and not worry about what others think of you.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Come on, dude!! Does this nonsense belong on a football field? Can't we men have our "last bastion of guyness" spared from the flutches of political correctness and feminism? 

Put on your jeans, boots, and flannel shirt. Scrap the the polos and the loafers, and join me in a couple of cold ones as we watch the Pats beat the Ravens! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

I've been spending every waken moment since the age of 16 trying to get into as much Pink as I could.  Real men dig Pink.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues : Alone or not, wearing pink isn't "finding your feminine side". It is saying eff you to anyone who has notions that color defines a person. I guess you can take solace in that you aren't alone. Or, you can just be yourself and not worry about what others think of you.
    Posted by EnochRoot

To ALL:

First, GREAT statement Enochroot... Next, So far the only single person who made an intelligent comment in the "Con" camp for wearing a d#mn pink glove, was Hog...who said something like, "Would Roger Goodel have a problem IF Moss wore something pink for a month...I bet he would,"  and more importantly, "Why NOT a Prostate Cancer Day, Is not Prostate Cancer a noble cause too." 

First, I hear ya...the "corporation T-shirt, stupid, bloody Tuesday," part (ya know, "I Am the Walrus"...(goo-goo-ga-joob)), and I know this was said tongue-in-cheek, But the more I think about it (with Hog's second statement), H#ll, I wouldn't have a problem with NFL players wearing a different patch EVERY week to promote a worthy cause...IF the money and media that comes with Pro Football can help someone homeless, or starving, or menatlly ill, or that has Cancer, The Better this WORLD would be... 

First, To those who are complaining about "The Feminization of EVERYthing Masculine...".  What can I say?  Women are one day (they still currently aren't half the time) going to be making equal pay as YOU for equal work...get over it.  Besides, THIS is NOT the Issue at hand, So don't try to make his into something it's not, for your own welfare...

Second (more of a real issue), I hear those, that are talking about just wanting "The PURE entertainment" Release that comes with the simple unfettered enjoyment in this world that is so blitzed with Ads (and whatever the freakin' 'cause' of the week is), BUT IF done tastefully with some patch or whatever, I'm ALL for ANY entertainment easing ANYone's great suffering, and believe (again) that revenue/awareness and all that comes with this which accounts for 30 ridiculous seconds of airtime, and with a symbol in question accounting for ZERO eyestrain (for those still without 70 inch high-def TVs)...Ask Yourselves Please, "Do ANY of You ALL really believe that The efforts of YOU Doing Without the keeping this game "untainted" with a colored patch or a pink glove, Will be NOT be trumped by feeding a starving child, or helping someone DYING?"  Honestly, How selfish Are YOU?  

of note:  Props to whoever said this great one-liner: "I agree with willrunz. If this (wearing a pink glove) rocks your world, then your world may need some examination."

p.s.:  "Yes," to carawaydj...I did take you seriously, when you said, "IF the NFL does this, Cheerleaders should be topless for the game...".  I...umm, see zero problem with this trade-off...none at all in fact (and yeah, If this "waters-down" all the 'positive' and 'enlightened' proselytizing I just did in the first part...well...well, scr#w it).     

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I always thought it was "koo koo ka shoo".  I stand corrected. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Does breast cancer awareness really need an entire month?That only leaves 11 months for every other problem in the universe.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-

lol...good point.  I believe they double up...This is the same month as second-cousins of displaced starving, unwed, Nairobian amputees currently living on Mars (those living on Neptune have to wait for Western Society to adopt some sort of lengthier calender, perhaps based on moon-phases, and are simply in the direst of needs)...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I always thought it was "koo koo ka shoo".  I stand corrected. 
    Posted by underdogg

lmao...IF I changed and enlightened anyone on any part of my post, I was hoping it would have been under the "topless cheerleader prerequisite", "goo-goo-gaa-joob" was second however.  Rest for the weary, No...  My work here is yet to be done...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Super38. Show Super38's posts

I guess the difference is that a real man, a grown man, has no problem wearing pink during this month. If the kids see and ask what it is about, that is the point, if a young women wants to know why Tom Brady is wearing pink, that is the point. It is hardly the feminization of the sport. Some of you need to get a pair, and grow up. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I guess the difference is that a real man, a grown man, has no problem wearing pink during this month. If the kids see and ask what it is about, that is the point, if a young women wants to know why Tom Brady is wearing pink, that is the point. It is hardly the feminization of the sport. Some of you need to get a pair, and grow up. 
    Posted by Super38

I think by "real man" people are really falling shoirt on this. Why not go for "self-actualized human being". Oh, and wearing pink would be a matter of mood, not month.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues : lmao...IF I changed and enlightened anyone on any part of my post, I was hoping it would have been under the "topless cheerleader prerequisite", "goo-goo-gaa-joob" was second however.  Rest for the weary, No...  My work here is yet to be done...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

If its any consolation, I did share your topless comments with my wife who also enjoyed them, but I am still stuck on the lyrics.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues :  You don't want this lurking on the sidelines? ERIN ANDREWS Its Ok by me
    Posted by jbolted

Bolt-  Not particularily since she has nothing to do with the game as I see it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

MY, My, How funny to read the disparaging remarks REAL men are making about the color pink--or should I say females. Few problems out huh boys???????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtlis. Show rtlis's posts

www.thinkbeforeyoupink.org Think Before You Pink , a project of Breast Cancer Action, launched in 2002 in response to the growing concern about the overwhelming number of pink ribbon products and promotions on the market . The campaign calls for more transparency and accountability by companies that take part in breast cancer fundraising. The modern breast cancer epidemic didn't exist 200 years ago.  1 in 1800 people died of cancer then.  It's caused by garbage sold in stores and in restaurants:  pesticides, toxics in cosmetics, sugar substitutes, food products loaded up on fat and sugar, plasticizers in water bottles, estrogen substitutes inside baby bottle nipples. It's not that I have anything against players running around in tutus and lip-synching Tina Turner while polluted.  Most guys turn into sex-drive idiots at least once in their lives, and football players are no exception.  The real problem for me is that every one of these politically gutless clowns is sober and shilling for the same pinkwashing companies that now cause half the nation's breast cancer.  That's exactly who knocks off everybody's sisters, wives and mothers by the millions.
    Posted by Paul_K

Very good points, Paul K.  I'm also fed up with this pink ribbon garbage and the profits that go to these pink-ribbon-pushing companies.  The amount of donations going to breast cancer are by far outweighed by the extra business their product gets.  And the 'charities' that receive these donations ....don't get me started.....CEO's and administration fees are way too high a percentage of their budgets.  Miniscule amounts if any go toward prevention.  Another nice group is breastcancerfund.org, which works for prevention and legislation to, for example, get rid of BPA and other environmental toxins.  So leave those stupid pink things out of sports and everything else....it just reinforces how media is taking control of emotion$ and $pending.

Sections
Shortcuts