Field Position, Ball Control, Turnovers on Offense

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Field Position, Ball Control, Turnovers on Offense

And that is exactly why we haven't won the SB once since Weiss left. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Yeah. They only broke the turnover ratio record last year and they also changed the kick return rules. Secondly I find it amusing you post this as if offensive field position has nothing to do with how well the defense plays as well as time of possession.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Yes, we need to run more. No B.B. is not going to make you happy.

THE HEAD COACH LIKES TO THROW!  When will you realize that?

BESIDES the Offense NOT Utilizing the RUN GAME...here are other reasons we lost.

Couldnt stop the run!  Could not pressure Eli!  Could not get off the field. Out of 27 1st downs, the Giants only needed 3rd down 5 times.

WAKE UP RUSTY . The defense played a part in the loss as well. THEY WIN and LOSE as a TEAM!

They all SAID IT. Most blame Wes, but thats because he was the last guy to mess up, but plenty of blame to go around.

IF you cant get off the field to give it back to your offense, they will have less time with the ball and less time to RUN IT.

It All works hand in hand.

NO beer for you I guess.

YAHOOOO's. I warned you guys....

Have fun talking about the game forever. Life goes on for me! I celebrated Life Yesterday!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to Field Position, Ball Control, Turnovers on Offense:
    [QUOTE]We are WORSE in these areas by far, as compared to how the offense was run in the Weis Era. Discuss:
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

You are wrong about the turnovers in the from 2001-2004 the had 28, 24, 24 and 27 turnovers on offense. The last two years they had 10 and 17.

They are defintely not an offense who likes to take time of the clock when they score that much I agree with. That has been an entire team philosophy change over the past 5 seasons.

The main reason the lose the field position battle is because their defense have given up the 2nd and 8th most yards in the NFL the last two years. We all say yards do not matter, but they certainly do if you are talking about field position. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

not recovering one of the 3 forced fumbles on top of a 4th being negated due to 12 men on the field is the real killer. We should have been +3 in turnovers, possibly +4 if mayo intercepts that easy pass, and +5 if brady doesnt throw that pick.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to Re: Field Position, Ball Control, Turnovers on Offense:
    [QUOTE]But, look at the score in the middle of the 3rd qtr with all those negatives. 17-9. I repeat: BJGE ended up with 10 total carries. Maroney even had 14 in SB 42! Insane!

I agree that this team needs a change of philosophy. I have said this before I hold BB responsible for this stuff. I think it is a copout to say it is all Brady and O'Brien.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I'm with Rusty on this one.  There's a reason Andy Reid hasn't won a SB while coaching the Eagles.  He refuses to run the ball.  He throws it 2/3 of the time...sound familiar?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Field Position, Ball Control, Turnovers on Offense : I find it amusing after all of this evidence you still sit on the moron side of facts. Yep. And BB traded Moss to allow that happen.  The problem is, Gronk replaced Moss in the addiciton category. Brady was reined in after the Moss trade which forced him to be a better QB in 2010 than he was in 2011. Then, all of a sudden, in the January playoff loss to the Jets, he throws 40+ tiimes, BJGE is hidden away, Woodhead is the lead back, he throws a god awful pick, etc. It's the same story. NE's offense was BETTER last year than this year. More balance, O'Brien in charge, Brady reined in, BJGE with more carries, treated like a lead back rushing for 1000 yards in what is a pass based offense, at its core. REIN IN BRADY. BB MUST REIN BRADY IN BY TELLING MCDANIELS BRADY CANNOT HAVE THE CONTROL HE HAD WITH O'BRIEN.  McDaniels must become Weis and not be friends with Brady. If we have BB/McDaniels and Brady sitting in a room not learnig from these unbelievably negative and egregious facts, it will be proof that BB, Brady and McDaniels have egos beyond repair.

Funny your response has nothing do with anything I said as usual. They have fewer turnover on offense so right there is a 3rd or your  thread premise down the drain. Secondly why are you pretending field position and time of possession by the offense has nothing to do with a defense? Why are you pretending giving up tons of first downs enabling the opposition to possess the ball or have to punt at mid field or better doesn't somehow affect field position and offensive time of possession. Why aren't you comparing the Weiss era defenses to the last 4 the Patriots have. Hmmm.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Lawfirm should have had more touches. he had some really nice gains, he was breaking decent runs to the outside. but losing out on 4 turnovers kind over over shadows that a bit.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]So, allowing 2  FGs in the second half, means our starting field position on offense is bad? You do realize on NY's first drive, NE had two key sacks to force them to punt, correct? BB defers, NE gets off the field, certanly better than 2007's D on the opening drive in SB 42, and you're ignoring a Brady Safety? Are you also ignoring a Brady INT on 1st down in the second half, AFETR BJGE just ran for 5 yards for that 1st down? LMAO

If you give up FG's left and right your probably going to be starting at the 20 because of the new touchback rule. I know. Rocket science right and if you let them to mid fieldish you probably getting pinned. Let's all pretend yards don't matter and that has no bearing on field position and time of possession. Long extended drives by the oppostion and have a direct correlation to the amount of time you have the ball on offense since you know...you don't have the ball. Crazy right.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Tom, Rusty was praising Brady last week and now after a loss he is right back at it.

Far be it for him to realize that the defense DIDNT stop the run and the Giants had our run game under control but that doesnt have anything to do with it right?

lol

We didnt stop the run and didnt pressure Eli after the 1st drive. Our defense gave up so  many 1st down on 1st and 2nd down they didnt even need 3rd down/

Just ignore that Rusty and blame the guy who orchestrated our 3 scoring drives right?

How about that defense?  Where was Vince?  How many plays can you make on defense in cover 2 all day?  We were in cover  2 all day because B.B. still doesnt trust his CB's to cover and it took out defense 2 weeks just to learn how to execute cover 2 and thats why we got gashed.

Only when it was desperado time did we blitz and just got burnt anyway.

You think that was a great defensive performance?  They did a great job with not allowing points, but they allowed Eli to POSESS the ball for long amounts of time and we didnt have the ball on offense. When this happens your plan to run the ball goes out the window and you have to pass and put Woody in there.

Ya get it?

Stop telling people you were right and tell them again about how Bodden will make this secondary the best ever or how Haynesworth will raise the level of play for everyone once he gets into shape, or how EVERY d-lineman is on the ground constantly like Big Al....lol

Yeah, good ol' Rusty , the psychic!  bwah!Ha!  Whats tonights lottery Rusty?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Is the expectations for this defense so low that they can not cause one single three and out during a game and we are going to let them totally off the hook? When you bend, but don't break your way to allowing an offense to drive the ball up and down the field for 38 minutes of football - this is the flip side to this philosophy - you (if you don't actually allow them to score) enable them to pin your offense deep. Which is what the Giants did the entire game - pin our offense inside the ten.

You can't always look at it as...well we stopped them from scoring a touchdown, when what you really did was allow them to control the clock and make your own offense have to drive 90 plus yards to score. When you go against a complete type of team (like the Giants) this is a recipe for disaster.

I'm not letting the offense off the hook either, despite having the longest scoring drive in NFL Super Bowl history - they didn't do enough. If you're the best QB, then you can't make mistakes (even if it's only a couple). If you catch 120 balls during the regular season, you should be able to catch one that hits you in the hands. If you're making 50 million to be our starting all world guard, you can't take a big dump for the world to see during the Super Bowl for the second time in 4 years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

[QUOTE]Never said Haynesworth "will raise the level of play". Never said that whatsoever, so that's a troll lie from you again. We just lost another SB to the same team because we didn't care to even try to run the ball with he lead. Period. The NE offense is supposed to be better than the D, yet the D played a better 60 minutes. Where was Vince? DOuble teamed. As usual. Do you even have a clue what you're talking about?  GO watch SB 25. It's exactly what I preidcted BNB would do on D. He did it.  The D executed. The only thing they didn't do was pounce on 2 fumbles. Oh well. Let's string up the D, because they allowed 13 points, Brady allows a Safety like a bozo, then tosses an INT with as 17-9 lead on 1st down RIGHT AFTER BJGE scampered for 5 yards. Yay! Let's celebrate our 20 million per year QB and 3 TIME SB CHAMP, choosing plays that hurt the team and mirror Gomer Manning, circa 2004! Yay! I love Tom Brady as Gomer Manning, Shizzly! You're up 17-9 and bench BJGE. No.  The educated fans don't get it, apparently. lol You have all the answers just like RKarp at the Tedy Bruschi cocktail parties. lol Is it any different han seeing BJGE rush 8 carries for 50 yards against gthe Ravens by halftime, only to see Brady launch a moronic INT against Balt, with BJGE benched in the second half? What's the difference? It's same stupid story. Hmm. Why would we see the same mistakes twice?  Hmm. Was O'Brien able to control Brady and stop it from happening again?

Please Cease and Desist!
    Would you like some very pertinent advice?  Here goes, Turn out the Lights, the Party is OVER!!!

Hiya Rusty Grimworld, this is your old buddy from the grave Dandy Don!
    Rusty, my old friend Howard Cosell said it best when he called Felix Unger and Inane Drone, kinda reminds us all of you!

Now, we all know this is your life hanging out in the Patriot fan forums, but how's about you take some time off huh? Maybe 20 or 30 years, go somewhere or someplace, try and meet people, mingle and get some form of a life together.

The Patriot team all went home, its over. Its a game where sometimes silly people make it their whole life wishing they could be a coach or water boy, you know, just like your doing.

Well Rusty old girl, the last band wagon is heading out of town, lets hope your on it. Bye Bye Burger King, the new party is at Wendys!
    p.s., you're still a Troglodyte! Yell Bwahhahahahahahahahahaha