*FIESTA BOWL DRAFT TALK*

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

*FIESTA BOWL DRAFT TALK*

Two players from last nights TCU/Boise State game would look good in a NE uniform next year and should be available when they're picking.

Jerry Hughes- (6-2 257) OLB/DE TCU- Looks to be exactly what NE is looking for in regards to a 3-4 rush OLB.  He's a dynamic pass rusher who lives behind the line of scrimmage (26 sacks and 34.5 TFL over the last two seasons) and frequently requires a double team.  He also looks comfortable operating in space with the ability drop back into coverage (3 career INT's) while possesing enough size to set the edge vs the run.  He should be available when they choose in Rd 1.

Kyle Wilson- (5-10 190) CB/Boise State- With the futures of Leigh Bodden (potential free agent), Jonathan Wilhite (does his best to ensure other teams complete as many passes as possible) and Terrence Wheatley (not yet able to get consistent burn) the team could use an influx of youth and talent at the CB position.  Wilson is a guy who shows excellent instincts and ball skills (11 career INT's, 2 TD's) with the speed, quickness and COD skills necessary to be left on an island in man or work his area in zone coverage.  He also shows some special teams potential with an 8.8 average on 90 career punt returns with 3 TD's and you know how Belichick loves players with versatility.  He should be available in Rd 2.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: *FIESTA BOWL DRAFT TALK*

I thought #41 ILB Daryl Washington was the most impressive to me in last nights game. I know he's not rated super elite. I think projected 3-4 round but he had himself a hell of a damn good game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

He has good size too, 6-3 234 (assuming that's accurate) and should be able to get up to 240+.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

I don't doubt this guy, but it seems that with the exception of Mathews and Cushing, it's hard to come in and be an impact LB in the NFL.  The draft and Free Agency has changed the dynamic of the draft.  It's easier to let someone else develop a guy and then get a "known" commodity 3-4 years into their career. 

The Pat's obviously track guys through their career.  Guys they had interest in pre-draft.....that move on ....have careers ......and then become available.   It's also a great way to evalute their evaluation technique.  Did our projection on this guy pan out??? 

I'm sure they have a list of guys they'll look at to improve the pass rush this offseason. 

On the other hand they have passed on guys who have come in and made an impact.  So it's not an exact science.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

No way the Pats keep wilhite and wheatley...I would rather see them get someone else.

@MB07...is the CB you are refering to the one from NJ? the guy with the dreadlocks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

@patsfaninsatx

Yes, that's the guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

@bmadmax

Ha thanks, it's too bad he didn't have the Reche eyes to go along with the overall "deer caught in headlights" look ha...... 

I wish there was a way to compute what % of passes thrown against Wilhite are completed.  I'd also like to know what % of passes completed against NE are against Wilhite.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMizza. Show KMizza's posts

One thing to watch is the possibility of Champ Bailey being cut by the Broncos, he is on the last year of his contract and is owed I belive $12.5 million next year.  He would look great in a Patriots uniform! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I think I've read that Hughes is not good against the run. Any truth to that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I bet that number # rb gets taken in 2011 with oaklands pick. I hope theres another Steven Jackson available.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

@arodrambone,
    He doesn't have the size (he's currently an undersized DE listed at 6-2 257) to be stout against the run as a 3-4 end, however, he's big enough to set the edge as a 3-4 OLB (his projected position in the NFL) and plays with good leverage, so I don't think it would be an issue at the next level.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

@MVPKilla2009

Having 4 of the top 64 picks allows them the flexibility to bring in youth and talent at multiple positions if they so choose, regardless of position or previous drafts.

As for the #1 RB or RB period, they'd be well served to bring in some youth and talent.  Some popular names to keep an eye on are Jonathan Dwyer (GT), Toby Gerhart (Stanford), LeGarrette Blount (Oregon), while some less talked about names are Ryan Matthews (Fresno State), Anthony Dixon (Miss St), Charles Scott (LSU), Ben Tate (Auburn) and Montario Hardesty (Tenn).

If they let Faulk go, a couple guys to keep an eye on are Noel Devine (WV, assuming he declares) and Dexter McCluster (Ole Miss).  Both players are electric with the ball in their hands.

Sections
Shortcuts