Film don't lie, fellas. "Patriots Hurt by Tom Brady's Accuracy Woes"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Film don't lie, fellas. "Patriots Hurt by Tom Brady's Accuracy Woes"

BY JAMES CHRISTENSEN (FEATURED COLUMNIST) on Bleacher Report...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1820587-patriots-hurt-by-tom-bradys-accuracy-woes

Tom Brady has been victimized by poor receiver play this season—including 25 drops after Week 7—but his performance has been far from beyond reproach. Brady himself agreed during his postgame press conference, courtesy of the team's official website: "The balls have to be better thrown. Everyone has to look at themselves and do a better job, because what we’re doing right now isn’t good enough.”

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Brady connected on just four of his 20 passes that traveled 10 or more yards in the air and had 24 total incompletions. One play in particular highlighted how Brady has played this year. It illustrates his ability to manipulate defenses, recognize coverages and find open receivers. However, it also shows his inability to connect with those same receivers down the field.

The New York Jets are showing a Cover 2 look with man coverage underneath. The safeties are splitting the field in half. Aaron Dobson is lined up at the "X" receiver position with rookie Dee Milliner across from him. After the snap, the Cover 2 man under look is confirmed. Brady looks to be reading the right half of the field, with Rob Gronkowski inside and Dobson outside. Dobson needs to get by Milliner without getting too close to the sideline, where Milliner will use it as a second defender. The Jets safety here is reading the patterns of Gronkowski and Dobson, while keeping an eye on where Brady is looking.

Brady has all the time in the world with a clean pocket in front of him. Dobson is already passing Milliner on the outside, while Gronkowski is about to cross the face of his defender. The safety is in a very difficult position here. That subtle look from Brady causes the safety to flip his hips and commit to the seam route. Meanwhile, Dobson is a step clear of Milliner and pulling away. He has given Brady enough space to work with on the sideline, and this should be an easy throw.

The ball is now in the air, and the safety is toast. Milliner is over a yard back and has no chance to break up the play. Any ball in the field of play in front of Dobson is going to go for big yardage, if not a touchdown

Unfortunately for Brady and the Patriots, his pass lands a full four yards out of bounds, giving Dobson—capable of making some crazy circus catches—no chance at making the catch. Any pass near the black triangle is a huge play for the Patriots, assuring them of a field-goal try and giving them over a minute to score a touchdown.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Film don't lie, fellas.

"on Bleacher Report"

LOL

Quite a good source.  Maybe next you'll give us something from Ms. Willikers third grade Thanksgiving writing assignment, "What I Want For The Patriots Is..."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"on Bleacher Report"

LOL

Quite a good source.  Maybe next you'll give us something from Ms. Willikers third grade Thanksgiving writing assignment, "What I Want For The Patriots Is..."

[/QUOTE]

That was very good analysis of the plays they were describing.  Got any of your own analysis to counter argue or do you still think it's not Tom Brady's responsibility to work with his receivers?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

"on Bleacher Report"

LOL

[/QUOTE]

Click the link, champ. He gives you pretty pictures and everything.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Ok, so Brady admits he has to play better, too!  What is your point?

It would be one thing if Brady is deflecting all blame on others and is oblivious to his poor play.  So far, he is not.  Seems a lot of folks are "enjoying" pounding on Brady right now.  Given the circumstances of the offense around him, this is unfair to a degree.

Granted, this question may never get answered, but, how would other top flight QBs fare if their offense around them was falling apart with injuries, lack of talent etc..?  It has been acknowledged across the board the challenges Brady is facing and how it is amazing the Pats are 5 - 2.  Let's just accept it and know the team is trying hard to improve as it hurtles towards another SB appearance and title!

GO PATS!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"on Bleacher Report"

LOL

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Even if he clicks the link and looks at the facts in his face, he'll argue until he's blue in the face that Tom Brady has been fantastic this year and it's ALL the rookies fault.  Don't present him with facts.  He'll ignore them. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

DoNotSleep..  ANY Pats fan who thinks the Pats are playing lights out and well IS dillusional.  They are barely getting by and need to drastically improve and play consistently to even stay in the discussion for teams who are SB contenders.  If the Pats have anything going in their favor, it is the young players are getting experience and better plus injured players are returning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Even if he clicks the link and looks at the facts in his face, he'll argue until he's blue in the face that Tom Brady has been fantastic this year and it's ALL the rookies fault.  Don't present him with facts.  He'll ignore them. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, facts like "Numbers don't lie.  His accuracy is down."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"on Bleacher Report"

LOL

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think that a person of his mental capacity might learn something a bit more easily with pretty pictures than having to rely on his brain to process information.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpb2008. Show mpb2008's posts

God can we please get off Brady's back.  One day all of you people who complain about him will cut your left nut off to have him back.  It unbelievable to me that you guys pick and poke at him.

So he has not been perfect this year.....so what....show me any QB in the league who would have performed better then Brady if you take their top 5 receviers away. 

We are still 5-2, does that not count for anything.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And no, I'm not clicking any link to Bleacher Report.  That site is worthless.  You really have to be searching to go the Filene's at Downtown Crossing to support your facts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

As far as brady goes it is a combination of things. Yes, the rookies are still learning and he has missed gronk and Amendola no doubt.

It kills me to say this and but for anyone to say that he hasn't been sub par regardless of the other issues hasn't been watching what has been going on. Just in last weeks game the overthrow to Gronk and terrible throw out of bounds to Dobson were on him. those were 2 glaring ones there were at 3 or 4 more throws where he had time and just wasn't as accurate as we are used to him being.

I have no doubts he will turn it around Gronk and DA will give 2 more receivers to make him comfortable and by mid november this offense will start clicking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

But without Tom Brady, the Pats will not have a record 5-2.  He has 2 jobs to do as a QB and a Coach on the field since the Pats offense is a complexe offense.  If he just concentrate as a QB then, It will be easy for him.

Go Pats!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok, so Brady admits he has to play better, too!  What is your point?

It would be one thing if Brady is deflecting all blame on others and is oblivious to his poor play.  So far, he is not.  Seems a lot of folks are "enjoying" pounding on Brady right now.  Given the circumstances of the offense around him, this is unfair to a degree.

Granted, this question may never get answered, but, how would other top flight QBs fare if their offense around them was falling apart with injuries, lack of talent etc..?  It has been acknowledged across the board the challenges Brady is facing and how it is amazing the Pats are 5 - 2.  Let's just accept it and know the team is trying hard to improve as it hurtles towards another SB appearance and title!

GO PATS!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Buddy, I fully understand that I don't get to enjoy football into late January, early February with #12. The point of these is to get people to stop attacking BB. I'm not enjoying the state ofour offense, our D keeps getting bangged up because of it, but let's be honest that Brady has been off this year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As far as brady goes it is a combination of things. Yes, the rookies are still learning and he has missed gronk and Amendola no doubt.

It kills me to say this and but for anyone to say that he hasn't been sub par regardless of the other issues hasn't been watching what has been going on. Just in last weeks game the overthrow to Gronk and terrible throw out of bounds to Dobson were on him. those were 2 glaring ones there were at 3 or 4 more throws where he had time and just wasn't as accurate as we are used to him being.

I have no doubts he will turn it around Gronk and DA will give 2 more receivers to make him comfortable and by mid november this offense will start clicking.

[/QUOTE]

He's F'ING human. 

What the hell is wrong with any of you?  You expect 100% perfection!  Every QB has made bad passes.  It happens.  In the past, his receivers were able to catch the balls thrown.  This year, he has nothing but unwanted trash at WR.

It's amazing to me.  Oh, let's break down one bad throw.  This shows that Brady sucks. 

Go watch a bad QB, or an average QB, or a good QB or a very good QB.   You'll be amazed at how awesome Brady is.

I hope every one of your pitchfork boys are here the year after Brady retires.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Tb has been clutch for his entire career

In All 5  SBs he has proved 4th atr game winning drives

He has made game winning drives even when he has had tough games

We could not have asked for more from him.

That said he has not been as accurate as in the past. Some have said he never threw a great long ball. But Weiss said at one time that TB threw the best long ball in the game. You canot say that now. They ran a stat vs the Jets on throws ofver 20 yrds - he was near the bottom in completion %

He has had mis-reads too

And Yes to

He has been under more pressure

He has faced in every game a very good front 7 - except maybe Atlanta

He doesnt have any of his top 5 receivers from last year

He hasnt had Gronk except for 1 game

He has had 2 rookie WRs starting

He may have had a hand injury in the last half of the Jet game

He's lost his lifetime passing guru

I believe J M sux on play design and adjustments

TB knows he has missed, I believe this will all be fixed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Everybody knows Brady's been off this year.  That said, NAS is right, Bleacher Report is little more than a blog site.  The majority of their writers are unpaid, and they specialize in opinion pieces.  In other words, blogs.  It's basically the Buzzfeed of the sports world.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to mpb2008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

God can we please get off Brady's back.  One day all of you people who complain about him will cut your left nut off to have him back.  It unbelievable to me that you guys pick and poke at him.

So he has not been perfect this year.....so what....show me any QB in the league who would have performed better then Brady if you take their top 5 receviers away. 

We are still 5-2, does that not count for anything.

[/QUOTE]

I criticize everyone on the team, me getting on Brady is because he's set a high standard for QBs around the league to emulate. I want him to be Surgeon Brady again, he just doesn't seem like the guy who made me love football this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

He's F'ING human. 

What the hell is wrong with any of you?  You expect 100% perfection!  Every QB has made bad passes.  It happens.  In the past, his receivers were able to catch the balls thrown.  This year, he has nothing but unwanted trash at WR.

It's amazing to me.  Oh, let's break down one bad throw.  This shows that Brady sucks. 

Go watch a bad QB, or an average QB, or a good QB or a very good QB.   You'll be amazed at how awesome Brady is.

I hope every one of your pitchfork boys are here the year after Brady retires.

[/QUOTE]

Can you read? Where did i say brady sucks? I believe i said he hasn't been playing well. i also said i have no doubt he will turn it around.  First it's thinking it isn't Brady's responsibility to work with the rookie receivers and now reading comprehension. 49patriots is right the only way you will understand anything about football is through pop-up books.

BTW when he retires I'll be sitting in my seats in section 239 seeing you asked.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Can you read? Where did i say brady sucks? I believe i said he hasn't been playing well. i also said i have no doubt he will turn it around.  First it's thinking it isn't Brady's responsibility to work with the rookie receivers and now reading comprehension. 49patriots is right the only way you will understand anything about football is through pop-up books.

BTW when he retires I'll be sitting in my seats in section 239 seeing you asked.

[/QUOTE]

Clearly your victim complex has kicked in.

I didn't say you said that. 

I quoted you and replied "He's f'ing human."

The rest was about the thread itself.

Get over yourself.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Yes, his accuracy has been shaky this year, that will happen when you have an entirely new cast around you and an OC that seems to ignore the running game. I think people look at 2007 and how fast he took off with Moss and Welker and have unrealistic expectations, it takes time to gel with new WRs....especially rookies! Moss was the 2nd best WR to ever play and Welker has shown this year that he is very quick to pick up a new offense. But at the end of the day it is Brady's job to hit the guys when they are open and there have many occasions when he has not. There have also been mnay time when he has, only to see it glance off their hands. 

I love going younger at WR, but I think this is where 10 years of failing to develop a rookie WR is hurting them. Imagine if Taylor Price had panned out. Then Brady would have started this year with a veteran WR in the prime of his career, which would have been huge for the younger guys. Going younger is good...but it should be a gradual process, replacing nearly your entire WR group with rookies overnight is just begging for growing pains.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Anyone who doesn't see a connection between the two (completely new WR corps & Brady being out of synch) doesnt' understand football or has an axe to grind. 

Of course he isn't going to be spot on .. the WHOLE offense is out of synch and it really shows against teams that frustrate the offensive line. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to FishTaco64's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, his accuracy has been shaky this year, that will happen when you have an entirely new cast around you ...

[/QUOTE]

This^  now how hard is that to understand? Why are we bagging on anyone. This whole team is going to be work in progress all season long. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Clearly your victim complex has kicked in.

I didn't say you said that. 

I quoted you and replied "He's f'ing human."

The rest was about the thread itself.

Get over yourself.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO, your telling me to get over myself???? HAHAHAHAHA. this coming from the guy who thinks he is smarter than the patriots front office and talent evaluation people.

Dude, for the most part your post border on troll status. It is rare you actually post something with with any substance. Most of your posts consists of berating other posters. Next time you post something informative it will be the first time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Anyone who doesn't see a connection between the two (completely new WR corps & Brady being out of synch) doesnt' understand football or has an axe to grind. 

Of course he isn't going to be spot on .. the WHOLE offense is out of synch and it really shows against teams that frustrate the offensive line. 

[/QUOTE]

I believe i said it was a combination of things as well as some of him not playing up to his standards. I am one of the biggest Brady wonks on this board but even i can't ignore some of his play this year.

Sections
Shortcuts