In response to Final 53 man squad prediction:

Pats lifer...why are you in love with Cole... hes Mediocre

Heres how I THINK it should go

3 qb- Brady, mallet, hoyer
    5 rb- woodhead,vereen, ridley, demps, boulden
    1 -fb- kettani
    3- Te- gronk, hern, fells
    5 WR- welker,lloyd, edelman,branch slater
    4-OT solder,vollmer, cannon,mcdonald (RT)
    5 -OG/C- Mankins, connely, Koppen, Thomas, Wendell
    5DT- Fork, love, brace, deadrick, francis
    5 DE- jones, ninc, cunningham,scott, bequette
    6 LB- SPikes mayo, hightower, carpenter,rivera, niko
    5 CB- mcourty,dowling,arrington, moore,denard
    4-S Chung, gregory, wilson ebner
    ST- mesko,ghost,snapper - i forget

Not in love with cole, just said he looked pretty good against TamMediocre ochre? Maybe, but I think he is a better cb than Edelman, and has some st value. I question edelmans value at all . Jack of a few trades but not great in any of them. The only value I see of Edelman assuming demps stays is in punt returns. Cole I think is a better corner, and demps I think is or will be a better WR andkick returner.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Final 53 man squad prediction

I thought Cole looked good in the Tampa game. The one that hasn't impressed me much and didn't really see anything from was bequette. Could we keep cole over either Scott or bequette? Cole also has ST value. 

Given the the importance of the TE in this system, I would rather have Silvestro over kettani or bolden. I think kettani clears and goes to ps, bolden probably as well. Of course depends on injury situation with Ridley and vereen. If both start the season, this is my vote. If not, then flip it with Silvestro going to ps. 

Guys...is Edelman really worth keeping? We have a much deeper defensive backfield this year, plus he isn't getting any better as a WR. Where is his value? I would rather add an extra db in Cole, and have demps pick up edelmans offensive and st duties. Is this crazy? Yes he's versatile, but not really better than cole and rethink demps has higher upside.

agreed on edelman. is he a good slot next year. if yes yo gotta keep him. i say his hands are still not releiable enough to get the job done.

i say keep cole adn drop hoyer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Edelmans a lock. Hes to versatile to cut.  I dont see silvestro or kettani making the team.  Pretty much agree with everything else tho.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

1 -fb- kettani

I kind of like your 53 man roster except that I would cut Boulden. If he makes the cuts , then he would be on the PS. Believe it or not, with the spot I would grab the best OL I could find off waivers. i expect there will be a few. If Brian Waters does a no show, then i might go after another RB or another OL. The Pats need to throw much more than they need to run. They will probably have Riddley, Vereen, Woodhead and Kettani and occasionally Demps and Hernandez as backs. That's a lot of backs!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think Demps was that impressive.  He rarely tried to take advantage of his seed and made bad cuts everywhere.

Keep coles, drop demps and hoyer.

[/QUOTE
    Demps is on this team!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

1 -fb- kettani

I kind of like your 53 man roster except that I would cut Boulden. If he makes the cuts , then he would be on the PS. Believe it or not, with the spot I would grab the best OL I could find off waivers. i expect there will be a few. If Brian Waters does a no show, then i might go after another RB or another OL. The Pats need to throw much more than they need to run. They will probably have Riddley, Vereen, Woodhead and Kettani and occasionally Demps and Hernandez as backs. That's a lot of backs!

[/QUOTE]
    if tehy are nto expectign waters im with you on best o lineman. maybe even if waters comes in. we need best tackles available. vollmer going to make all season. who goes here if he doesnt. what if solder doesnt improve fast enough. brady needs the protection. bring in the best tackle option (if there's one better than our backups)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I predict Tom Brady makes the team!!!

Cunningham looked good last night, seems quick and strong, I was almost ready to give up on the guy.  He will make it and I look forward to watching him this season.  Hope he stays healthy!!

I'm not too high on Boulden but I think he makes the 53 MR. 

For Receicer I am pretty bummed out that both Gaffney and Stalworth didn't impress enough for at least one of them to make the team.  I would like to see the Pats bring in one more WR.  I still think Plax would be interesting and fun even though I'm not much of a fan of his.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I predict Tom Brady makes the team!!!

Cunningham looked good last night, seems quick and strong, I was almost ready to give up on the guy.  He will make it and I look forward to watching him this season.  Hope he stays healthy!!

I'm not too high on Boulden but I think he makes the 53 MR. 

For Receicer I am pretty bummed out that both Gaffney and Stalworth didn't impress enough for at least one of them to make the team.  I would like to see the Pats bring in one more WR.  I still think Plax would be interesting and fun even though I'm not much of a fan of his.

im wiht ya on that!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

QB-Brady,Mallott,Hoyer
    WR-Lloyd,Welker,Branch,Edelman,Slater
    RB-Ridley,Vereen,Woodhead,Demps (Bolden to Practic Squad)
    TE-Gronk,AH,Fells,Silvestro (Shiancoe to 8 week IR)
    OL-Soldier,Mankins,Connolly,Vollmer,Cannon,Wendell,Mc Donald,Thomas,Koppen (Waters stays on DNR list as a 54th player to report if needed)

DT-Wilfork,Love,Deaderick,Brace
    DE-Jones,Ninkovich,Cunningham,Bequette,Scott
    LB-Hightower,Mayo,Spikes,Carpenter,white,Koutouvides
    CB-McCourty,Arrington,Dowling,Moore,Cole,Dennard
    Safety-Chung,Gregory,Wilson,Ebner

Special Teans-Mesko,Gost,Aiken

Practis Squad-RB Bolden,OL Koppa,WR Ebner,FB Kettani,DE Francis,LB Rivera,Lb Tarpinian,Safety Brown

Demps injury status could change a few spots, if Demps is put on 8 week IR than Shiancoe gets cut,Bolden makes the team,and Weems makes the Practice Squad.