Final Cuts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Final Cuts

In Response to Re: Final Cuts:
    [QUOTE]Rocky good stuff! Thanks for the updates, as I dont twitter. I will be checking back throughout the day for more!
    Posted by Quagmire1[/QUOTE]

Glad to do it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam Schefter Adam_Schefter Filed to ESPN: Cardinals have told Matt Leinart they will release him today. Max Hall will be No. 2 QB.

-----I guess nobody wanted to give up anything for him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Rocky...keep up the good work!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Another Patriot---

Ian R. Rapoport RapSheet Not a surprise... look for outside help at OL RT @RavensInsider: The Patriots cut OL Rich Ohrnberger, according to a league source.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsareNumberone. Show PatsareNumberone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Cuts : Hopefully Woods is Gone, after not recovering that fumble in the Super Bowl. I have wanted him gone. Why anyone on this Board thought Alexander was going to make it over McKenzie, is beyonfd me. McKenzie is coming off a major injury, he will be a force as he learns the system, and as the season goes on.
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

They're not as smart as you. Nobody is.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss MikeReiss Remember when Pats tried 2 sneak TE Garrett Mills thru waivers and Vikings pounced in 2007? Mills released today, according to @chipscoggins

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian R. Rapoport RapSheet Yup RT @MilanNL: @RapSheet Can Ohrnberger be placed on the practice squad?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss MikeReiss Rookie C/G Ted Larsen, a sixth-round pick, also told that he'll be waived. Could be a good sign for second-year C/G Ryan Wendell.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Christopher Price capeleaguer Ohrnberger, Welch and Larsen are all practice squad eligible

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

So lets get a recap on Patriots now on the unemployment line: Alexander,Jenkins,Ohrnberger,Ghiaciac,Lewis,Ventrone,Robinson,Myers,Butler,and maybe Woods. You can add Clayton,Welch,Owens and Larsen, that would be 14 guys and they still need to cut 8 more. Ojinnaka will get a pass due to his one game suspension so that will give a player 1 extra game too prove his worth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam Schefter Adam_Schefter And another QB bites the dust: Titans releasing QB Chris Simms.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Do the Patriots need an old Wes Welker/Julian Edelman....lol

Brandon Stokley done in Denver
    September 4, 2010 2:30 PM ET, by Michael David Smith

Veteran wide receiver Brandon Stokley is on the way out in Denver.

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that Stokley will not make the Broncos' 53-man roster.

Stokley has missed the last three weeks with a torn groin, and Klis writes that it's possible his agent and the Broncos are working on an injury settlement.

The 34-year-old Stokley got a $500,000 roster bonus in March and a $100,000 offseason workout bonus. He would have had a $1.4 million base salary.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian R. Rapoport RapSheet Can't remember if I tweeted this before, but ex-Florida State star Rod Owens has been cut by Patriots

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I can't wait to see the complete shopping list after all of the cuts are in... The Patriots could use some help on the OL and DB positions and maybe a DE if they find someone who fits the bill. From what I can tell at this hour which is darn near 3pm leaving one hour until all teams having to be at 53,the Patriots must still cut 7 players with their having an exception regarding Ojinnaka due to his 1 game suspension, I wonder if Edelman is headed to the PUP? Also Hernandez hasn't been in practice much the last two weeks so I wonder what his status is also.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]I can't wait to see the complete shopping list after all of the cuts are in... The Patriots could use some help on the OL and DB positions and maybe a DE if they find someone who fits the bill. From what I can tell at this hour which is darn near 3pm leaving one hour until all teams having to be at 53,the Patriots must still cut 7 players with their having an exception regarding Ojinnaka due to his 1 game suspension, I wonder if Edelman is headed to the PUP? Also Hernandez hasn't been in practice much the last two weeks so I wonder what his status is also.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Ian R. Rapoport RapSheet

I have them at 64 players right now. What you come up with? They need to shed 10 more. Ojinaka is exempt W1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian R. Rapoport RapSheet

The Patriots have cut DB DeAngelo Willingham, I'm told

ESPNBoston ESPNBoston  
  18. Patriots blog: Rookie WR Owens to be waived http://es.pn/d1zdIw 
  20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots final cuts are streaming in
    September 4, 2010 2:55 PM ET, by Evan Silva

With assistance from Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston, Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald,and Shalise Manza Young and Christopher Gasper of the Boston Globe, we've arrived at a list of Patriots roster cuts thus far. They include:

Offensive lineman Ted Larsen   Offensive lineman Rich Ohrnberger      Wide receiver Darnell Jenkins   Linebacker Eric Alexander      Offensive lineman Thomas Welch       Running back Thomas Clayton Linebacker Pierre Woods      Defensive back Ross Ventrone           Quarterback Zac Robinson                     Wide receiver Rod Owens

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Cuts : RapSheet    I have them at 64 players right now. What you come up with? They need to shed 10 more. Ojinaka is exempt W1
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]I had them at 75 on thursday and they have cut 14 players which brings them down to 61 maybe 62 depending on the validity of the Woods cut. They have the exception of Ojinnaka for one game so someone gets a reprieve for a week and I'm guessing that Edelman is headed to the PUP so they probably need to cut 7 or 8 more guys. Lets say for the sake of arguement they are sitting at 60 players as of this hour 3:15 pm.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Who will they cut next?

Ben Jarvis Green Ellis
    Matthew Slater
    Rob Myers
    Thomas Williams (or was he already cut?)
    Chris Taylor (again)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Who will they cut next? Ben Jarvis Green Ellis Matthew Slater Rob Myers Thomas Williams (or was he already cut?) Chris Taylor (again)
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE] Myers was cut last night. I don't know who the final 7 will be but I think you can look at these guys: Fletcher,Farnham,BJGE,Slater,Price,Taylor,Williams,McGowan, Love,Deaderick,Willingham    Brown, as some of the candidates for being cut,I haven't spent much time on the entire roster so I don't know what they are thinking. I do think if a quality DE,DB and or OL guy gets cut amongst the other teams the Patriots might be interested in acquiring one of those type guys,and that would directly effect their final 6 moves.I didn't have the willingham cut so I updated his move into the total and the Patriots are down to their final 6 moves.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian R. Rapoport RapSheet Ex-Patriots player RT @RavensInsider: Safety Ray Ventrone made the Cleveland Browns, according to a league source.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

Giants released Alex Hall.
    The Giants claimed Hall off waivers from the Eagles just before camp, but it always seemed like an odd fit. Birds coach Andy Reid even admitted that Hall fits much better in a 3-4 when he released the former Brown. The Cardinals and Patriots have shown interest before and could very well show interest in Hall again.

26. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Brandon Spikes gets cut

i mean his pe.nis gets cut off

27. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam Schefter Adam_Schefter Cuts keep coming: Vikings cut RB Ian Johnson, Titans cut RB Samkon Gado and Raiders cut QB Colt Brennan.

Sections
Shortcuts