Ventrone

S

Welch

OL

Willingham

CB

Woods

OLB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Re: Final Cuts

In Response to Re: Final Cuts:
    [QUOTE]On a side note, why is Reiss so fast at reporting.
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]

Reiss fast? Or Breer slow?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpporters. Show bpporters's posts

He doesn't impress me but he may have impressed BB. He takes the wrong route when leaving the line and it showed against the Giants as they forced him to the outside on every play during the last exhibition game. I like Farnham more than I like Price at least he can fill in at DB. Sorry but Price was a reach pick in the third round and I think BB really wanted Decker but Denver grabbed him just before the Patriots pick, maybe they can grab Jeremy Williams the kid from the Chargers who returned a kick 93 yards in their final preseason game.
    Sportsbozo

I thought Price looked pretty good, he's fast, gets open, and has good hands. He had 4 receptions against the giants and has played decent in the pre season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]and that means that Matt Slater is still on the team, Kaczur is not on PUP till now, Buddy Farnham survived and so did Kyle Love, Dane Fletcher and Thomas Williams. My count right now stands at 56 including Ojinnaka. So two more to cut. Think we´ll see some new faces on the roster on monday. 
    Posted by munichpatsfan[/QUOTE]

Hope that doesn't mean 2 to IR.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone have an updated roster?
    Posted by sfpat[/QUOTE]
    Lot's of moving around right now, but here is what I got so far:  

QB: Brady, Hoyer
    HB: F.Taylor, Maroney, Morris, Faulk, BJGE, C.Taylor
    WR:Moss, Welker, Tate, Edelman, Price, Farnham, Slater
    TE: Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez
    OL: Light, Connolly, Koppen, Neal, Vollmer, Bussey, Levoir, Ojinnaka, Kazcur, Welch
    DL: Warren, Wilfork, Wright, Brace, Pryor, Deaderick, Love
    ILB: Mayo, Spikes, Guyton, McKenzie, Fletcher,  Williams
    OLB: TBC, Murrell, Cunningham, Ninkonvich
    CB: Butler, McCourty, Wilhite, Wheatley, Arrington
    S: Chung, Meriweather, Sanders, McGowan
    ST: Gotskowski, Mesko, Ingram

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Patriots have acquired S Jarrad Page from the Chiefs in exchange for a conditional draft pick. (rotoworld)

so it looks like one of the safeties is gone too, sanders, mcgowan?
    maybe sanders via trade?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

[QUOTE]Released 1 Aiken WR 2 Alexander LB 3 Brown S 4 Burgess OLB 5 Butler TE 6 Clayton RB 7 Ghiaciuc OL 8 Jenkins WR 9 Larsen OL 10 Lewis DL 11 Myers TE 12 Ohrnberger OL 13 Owens WR 14 Robinson QB 15 Ventrone S 16 Welch OL 17 Willingham CB 18 Woods OLB
    Posted by TampaPete[/QUOTE]

I don't believe Welch has been cut yet

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/09/cutdown_day_res.html">Cutdown day reset

Posted by Shalise Manza Young, Globe Staff

All NFL teams had to submit their list of roster moves by now - the deadline was 6 p.m. EST, not 4 p.m. as I had written yesterday (apologies!) - though generally the Patriots don't release their list to the media for at least an hour or so.

But here is a list of players whom we have been able to confirm have been released, the Patriots have confirmed as released or have been reported released
    by other outlets:

LB Eric Alexander
    DB Sergio Brown
    LB Derrick Burgess
    TE Carson Butler
    RB Thomas Clayton
    OL Eric Ghiaciuc
    WR Darnell Jenkins
    OL Ted Larsen
    DL Damione Lewis
    TE Rob Myers
    OL Rich Ohrnberger
    WR Rod Owens
    QB Zac Robinson
    DB Ross Ventrone
    OL Thomas Welch
    DB DeAngelo Willingham
    LB Pierre Woods

That is 17 players - New England came into the day having to announce 20 cuts or roster moves (it made the Lewis and Ghiaciuc moves official yesterday) to get down to the league-mandated 53-man limit.

We will, of course, offer the full list as soon as we get it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

[QUOTE]ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Patriots have acquired S Jarrad Page from the Chiefs in exchange for a conditional draft pick. http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/statuses/23009912613
    Posted by munichpatsfan[/QUOTE]

Injured last year, but put up good numbers the two yrs before.  Could Sanders or McGowan be on the way out?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Cuts : Injured last year, but put up good numbers the two yrs before.  Could Sanders or McGowan be on the way out?
     jep think so. five safeties are at least one too much. sign of a possible trade?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Cuts : Injured last year, but put up good numbers the two yrs before.  Could Sanders or McGowan be on the way out?

McGowan was hurt and missed the last pre season game, I think.  Could be either Safety cut.   Although, it wouldn't shock me if we kept 10 DBs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Here's where we are, I think.  I have two kinda surprise players on here in Fletcher and Arrington.  Slater might stick with Aiken gone and I think we'll pick up another OL type. 

OFFENSE 25 Players
    Slot29 Wes Welker24 Julian Edelman 
    WR22 Brandon TateMathew Slater 
    LOT32 Matt Light24 George Bussey 
    LG28 Dan Connolly24 Ryan Wendell 
    C30 Dan KoppenTBD 
    ROG34 Stephen Neal  
    RT26 S Vollmer28 Mark LeVoir 
    TE#42 R Gronkowski#113 A Hernandez32 Alge Crumpler
    QB33 Tom Brady24 Brian Hoyer 
    RB25 L Maroney34 Kevin Faulk34 Fred Taylor
    33 Sammy Morris 
    25 BJ Green-Ellis 
    WR33 Randy Moss#90 T Price 

DEFENSE 25 Players
    DE 28 Mike Wright24 Myron Pryor 
    NT28 Vince Wilfork23 Ron Brace 
    DEGerrard WarrenB. Deaderick 
    OLB30 Tully Banta-CainDane Fletcher 
    ILB24 Jerod Mayo24 T McKenzie 
    ILB#62 B Spikes24 Gary Guyton 
    OLB25 Marques Murrell#53 J Cunningham26 Rob Ninkovich
    LCB#23 D McCourty26 J Wilhite 
    RCB24 Darius Butler25 T WheatleyKyle Arrington
    SS26 B Meriweather23 Pat ChungJarrad Page
    FS26 James Sanders26 B McGowan 

SPECIAL TEAMS 3 Players                                PUP/IR
    PK26 S Gostkowski 29 Leigh Bodden
    P#150 Z. Mesko 29 Ty Warren
    H  31 Nick Kaczur
    LS24 Jake Ingram SUSP Q Ojinnaka
    KR22 B Tate  
    PR#27 D McCourty  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bkoo72. Show bkoo72's posts

who is LB Tracy white from the eagles? conditional pick traded for him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

All of this movement makes me wonder if a bigger trade is in the works.

We still have to get rid of 3 players, so maybe we're making a move for a certain player - who knows?

I wouldn't put anything past Belichick, and I could easily see him giving up a number of players to get a game-changer that he likes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]who is LB Tracy white from the eagles? conditional pick traded for him
    Posted by bkoo72[/QUOTE]
    He's a nobody. 

By Mike Reiss
    The Patriots acquired veteran linebacker Tracy White from the Philadelphia Eagles for a conditional draft choice, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports.

The 6-foot, 230-pound White, who enters his ninth NFL season, has played for the Seattle Seahawks (2003-2004), Jacksonville Jaguars (2005), Green Bay Packers (2006-2008) and Eagles (2008-2009). He has started just two career games, so the Patriots are likely looking at potential special teams impact with this move.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Cuts : Lot's of moving around right now, but here is what I got so far:   QB: Brady, Hoyer HB: F.Taylor, Maroney, Morris, Faulk, BJGE, C.Taylor WR:Moss, Welker, Tate, Edelman, Price, Farnham, Slater TE: Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez OL: Light, Connolly, Koppen, Neal, Vollmer, Bussey, Levoir, Ojinnaka, Kazcur, Welch DL: Warren, Wilfork, Wright, Brace, Pryor, Deaderick, Love ILB: Mayo, Spikes, Guyton, McKenzie, Fletcher,  Williams OLB: TBC, Murrell, Cunningham, Ninkonvich CB: Butler, McCourty, Wilhite, Wheatley, Arrington S: Chung, Meriweather, Sanders, McGowan ST: Gotskowski, Mesko, Ingram

No way we go into the season with only 4 OLBs. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

This just in.  Chad Jackson cut by Bills.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghost-of-Mosi. Show ghost-of-Mosi's posts

Can't imagine why you'd trade for a special teamer, Tracy White, who if he does fill in on defense would be an ILB.  Then again, the last time I was involved in football was Thanksgiving Day my senior year in high school.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghost-of-Mosi. Show ghost-of-Mosi's posts

According to ESPN NFL transactions listing, Dallas cut Jason Witten.  I'd call that a surprise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bkoo72. Show bkoo72's posts

why trade for LB white if he is a nobody and only a potential special teams contributor? just keep woods or alexander who knows our system much better and already are special teams aces. why waste a pick. they must see something potentially more in the guy than just special teams

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

McGowan is on I.R.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghost-of-Mosi. Show ghost-of-Mosi's posts

...and just like that they deleted that transaction!  Someone must have screwed up.

[QUOTE]According to ESPN NFL transactions listing, Dallas cut Jason Witten.  I'd call that a surprise.
    Posted by ghost-of-Mosi[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]According to ESPN NFL transactions listing, Dallas cut Jason Witten.  I'd call that a surprise.

you must be kidding. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

SIGN HIM! SIGN HIM NOW! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I am surprised that Matthew Slater was not cut (but I guess will be taking over for Aiken).  I am also surprised that the Patriots did not cut Green-Ellis

Sections
Shortcuts