Final Cuts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Final Cuts

We're actually going into the season with only 4 OLBs? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Final Cuts:
    [QUOTE]We're actually going into the season with only 4 OLBs? 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Belichick is going to make a move for an OLB... 

4 is a small number, especially for a 3-4 defense which relies upon the OLB position for the majority of the pass-rush.

One thing is for sure though - and that's that Cunningham should be ready to roll for the season opener.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

sit and wait. i don´t think that this is the final version of the pats roster. 

maybe someone like alex hall is on their radar, or they are going to trade for one. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Does Slater make the team?  He must have pictures of Kraft or something.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghost-of-Mosi. Show ghost-of-Mosi's posts

Steelers cut center Justin Hartwig and are going to have Pouncey start.  Think this would be a good pick up for some interior OL depth?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]According to ESPN NFL transactions listing, Dallas cut Jason Witten.  I'd call that a surprise.
    Posted by ghost-of-Mosi[/QUOTE]

LINK? did jerry jones lose his mind? no way did this happen if so sign him now!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghost-of-Mosi. Show ghost-of-Mosi's posts

ESPN NFL transactions says Giants "waived-injured DE Alex Hall."  

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Cuts :   sit and wait. i don´t think that this is the final version of the pats roster.  maybe someone like alex hall is on their radar, or they are going to trade for one.  http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4969
    Posted by munichpatsfan[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghost-of-Mosi. Show ghost-of-Mosi's posts

It was up for a nanosecond on the ESPN NFL transactions page, then got deleted right after I posted.  I actually said as much a few posts after my original post.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Cuts : LINK? did jerry jones lose his mind? no way did this happen if so sign him now!
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]ESPN NFL transactions says Giants "waived-injured DE Alex Hall."   In Response to Re: Final Cuts :
    Posted by ghost-of-Mosi[/QUOTE]

But he's injured. =/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

whitten wasn't cut, TE Jason Pociask, TE Martin Rucke were.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

...and 6 inside linebackers?!?!?!....for now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Before I forget...thanks to all, especially Rocky, for keeping me and many others updated thru out the day. Fantastic job!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

ricky---glad to help out my fellow Patriots fans!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

so we cut Burgess? Why? only 4 OLB's, a position that we are probably weakest at? something is not right here...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]ricky---glad to help out my fellow Patriots fans!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE] BB might not be done yet. They have a couple of days before their preparations begin for their game against the Bungles. Page is an interesting p/u and I don't know much about Tracy White. They kept your WR and let Farnham go,I wasn't surprised by Fletcher staying with the team.Love surprised me though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

We need another OLB and interior OL help.  I can't believe they keep hanging on to Slater.  We can't want him as a kick returner.  I'd rather sign Syndric Steptoe, the Browns released him.  Keeping Aiken would have made more sense as a WR/KR unless it's a salary thing.  I agree, more moves are coming.  I hope we get Jarivs Green back - plug and play on third down.

As for OLB, I think Dane Fletcher could kick outside there or play 4-3 DE like he did in college.  9 rookies made this team, incredible!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

hard to believe we're still carrying 5 running backs. should be 3

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

I can see cutting either Woods or Alexander or Aiken- but all three??

BIG surprise there. I know this trio isn't exactly producing, but this is a substantial makeover for our team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Complete list of NFL moves, trades, or releases

http://espn.go.com/nfl/transactions

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]Adam_Schefter    More cuts: cuts: William Joseph, Raiders; Travis Fisher, Bengals; Donald Thomas, Dolphins; Tim Brown, Giants; Gartrell Johnson, Giants. Seahawks decided to go with two quarterbacks and released former first-round draft pick, J.P. Losman.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]SD cut Gartrell Johnson last fall and NYG picked him immediately, I felt he should have made the Charger roster on opening day. He looked that good to me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

5 other options today- C/Justin Hartwig PIT, LB Monty Beisel AZ, DL/LB Darrell Reid DEN, a sober WR Matt Jones CIN, & DT Jr. Siavii DAL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

jbolted what do you think about Jyles Tucker? 

looks like he´s buried behind Philips, Merriman and English. At 26 he´s relativly young, had stats 07 and 08 that look okay. Maybe he´s someone who the Pats could target in a trade. What do you think? is he capable to help the Pats and what would be a reasonable price for his service? stumbled over him a few days ago when i tried to look up some depth charts and possible players to target in a trade for OLB.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

and guys what about Brandon McDonald, CB released by the Browns? okay "released by the Browns" is nothing to be proud of and it doesn´t indicate that he has an awful lot to offer but his stats in 08 look sort of impressive. 

at 25 he could be worth a look. would at least add starting experience.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Final Cuts : ...and 6 inside linebackers?!?!?!....for now.
    Posted by ricky1554atl[/QUOTE]

Guys, don't get caught up in the numbers game.  Two of those ILB can play OLB too, Guyton actually started several games at OLB last year and Fletcher can play there as well.  Dane Fletcher was a DE in college.  I think the reason Slater made the team is because you can play him anywhere, WR, DB and KR.  I don't think he's very good at any of these positions but BB likes the versatility. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Here's the roster as of this moment.  I think we may add a DE (Jarvis Green?), an interior OL type and perhaps another DB and/or OLB.  But for now, here's our roster.

As of the start of the season, the defense has an average age of only 25.2 years with only TBC (30) and Gerrard Warren (32) over 30.  The offense has an average age of 27.8 with 10 guys over 30 Brady (33), Moss (33), Morris (33), Faulk (34), F. Taylor (34), Crumpler (32), Neal (34), Light (32), Kaczur (31) and Koppen (30).  

At the moment we have 9 Rookies on the 53-man team.  One could get cut when Ojinnaka serves his one-game suspension.  But that is an enormous number of rookies on a roster.  I project 3 rookies starting in Gronkowski, Spikes and McCourty, 4 if you count Mesko.

OFFENSE 25 Players
    Slot29 Wes Welker24 Julian Edelman 
    WR22 Brandon Tate25 Mathew Slater 
    LOT32 Matt Light  
    LG28 Dan Connolly24 Ryan Wendell 
    C30 Dan Koppen  
    ROG34 Stephen NealSUSP 26 Ojinnaka 
    RT26 S Vollmer31 Nick Kuczur28 Mark LeVoir
    TE21 R Gronkowski20 A Hernandez32 Alge Crumpler
    QB33 Tom Brady24 Brian Hoyer 
    RB25 L Maroney34 Kevin Faulk 
    33 Sammy Morris25 BJ Green-Ellis