Final Debate (Welker vs Amendola/Edelman)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Final Debate (Welker vs Amendola/Edelman)

In response to RallyC's comment:

Its official! "MR. RELIABLE", Wee Widdle Wessie,  is punch drunk and has got a glass jaw! THANK GOD, and BB, Wessie's gone, JUST IN TIME. Poor widdle Wessie.......He got boo-boos. I'm sure his man-lovers here on BDC will insists that he is better being at hurt than JE or DA too...LOL! GO PATS!!!!!

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/broncos-wes-welker-likely-out-until-playoffs-281085.html

Glass jaw?? Lmao! Probably the toughest receiver in the nfl for last 7 years.

With that said, the decision to go after a younger, faster, potential version of Welker was obviously the right choice. You don't pay for past production and we all saw welker take the hits. He is a 32 year old heavily used slot receiver.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

RallyC doesn't know what he is talking about. 

I'm still waiting for Tebow to come in to play TE and catch passes from TFB like he said was going to happen?  You know, because you knew these things since he played in the CFL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey Rusty, Please tell me again how Amendola was going to come in and be this red zone threat that you made him out to be.  You know, since he was a whole inch taller then Welker.

Amendola 2 tds.

Dropped the game winner vs the Dolphins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

does not address the elephant in the room...Amendola is owed $28million dollars, and can not stay on the field on a regular basis. Plus, the Pats do not have the cap space to pay JE what he will command on the open market, so he will leave.

Pats could have had Wes for 2 years, and JE for 3-5 years for less money than having Amendola for 5 years.

YEP!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Looks like the "Final Debate" is headed for overtime.

Question:  If no one scores points, does the debate end in a tie?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

Just my 2c and observations.

Barring anything drastic injury wise, and with everything projected, edelmen will have 16 games played, amendola 12, welker 13.  If Amendola and Eledmen perform as to their season average, edelmen will have 1050 yards on 102 receptions with 10.3 average yards per catch and 7 or 8 touchdowns.  Amendola will have 695 yards on 61 receptions for a 11.4 average and 2 touch downs.  Welker will finish how he is now, with 778 yards on 73 recptions for a 10.7 average and 10 touch downs.

What I think, Edelmen was more durable then either of them, with Welker adapting to his new quarterback and system faster than Amendola, hense the receptions and targets are higher, but the percentage of rec to targets is virtually identical.  Amendola is slightly more dynamic(higher yards per catch, but Welker is more trusted by Manning(hense more TD's).  Edelmen has basically copied Welker in everything except TD's.  HAving both better deal then just Welker.

this is good observation and post...but does not address the elephant in the room...Amendola is owed $28million dollars, and can not stay on the field on a regular basis. Plus, the Pats do not have the cap space to pay JE what he will command on the open market, so he will leave.

Pats could have had Wes for 2 years, and JE for 3-5 years for less money than having Amendola for 5 years.

You do not know this whatsoever.  You have no idea what his desires are.

guy is 27 yeas old and hasnt been paid yet. he has 1 more contract in him...and he is a free agent coming off of a 100 catch year. his services will be in demand. Pats are paying Gronk and Amendola for middle of the field rcpts.

look at the Pats salaries for nxt year...who are they cutting that saves any money? who are they restructuring? Mayo? Mankins? Pats need to budget $5M for rookies and like to carry $5-7M thru the season....I think they need to find $20M this off season...look at the salaries, where does it come from?

Do you extend Vince to lower his hit but pay him in his 34 and 35 years old seasons? Thats going to come due with a large dead money hit...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You do not know this whatsoever.  You have no idea what his desires are.

LMAO!

I'm sure his desires are to get a good contract after this season.  No way he pulls up to the stadium every day looking forward to seeing Amendola and his huge contract knowing he is out performing Amendola by leaps and bounds and getting pocket change compared to what Amendola is making.  Edelman will have some ammo come negotiation time. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

I wouldn't be suprised to see the 2 lines start getting made over.  Volmer, Mankins, Wilfolk, Kelly...all underperformed their salary in my mind.  Injuries happen, but that is part of how the football economics work.  I bet Folk gets extended at a relative bargain, similar to how Brady has done recently.  Volmer and/or Mankins need to be next.  Step up or step out.  Cannon can replace either.  Draft a few linemen this year and play some hardball.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Looks like the "Final Debate" is headed for overtime.

Question:  If no one scores points, does the debate end in a tie?

Everyone had moved on and was focusing on what the team had going forward, me included.  Rusty had to start it all up again.  The guy is a drama queen.  Looks like he is taking another beating on the forum today.  Not as bad as he took yesterday but the it's still early.  I'm sure the carpal tunnel braces on his wrists are going to get another workout today as he is bound to surpass his average daily posting rate again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Barring anything drastic injury wise, and with everything projected, edelmen will have 16 games played, amendola 12, welker 13.  If Amendola and Eledmen perform as to their season average, edelmen will have 1050 yards on 102 receptions with 10.3 average yards per catch and 7 or 8 touchdowns.  Amendola will have 695 yards on 61 receptions for a 11.4 average and 2 touch downs.  Welker will finish how he is now, with 778 yards on 73 recptions for a 10.7 average and 10 touch downs.

What I think, Edelmen was more durable then either of them, with Welker adapting to his new quarterback and system faster than Amendola, hense the receptions and targets are higher, but the percentage of rec to targets is virtually identical.  Amendola is slightly more dynamic(higher yards per catch, but Welker is more trusted by Manning(hense more TD's).  Edelmen has basically copied Welker in everything except TD's.  HAving both better deal then just Welker.

Except it was never Welker or Amendola AND Edelman. It was always Welker or Amendola. Imo, and given the evidence it's pretty clear Edelman was going to be resigned for the right price regardless of what other WR they signed. So, why do people keep talking as if it was either Welker or Amendola AND Edelman when it could have been Welker and Edelman or Amendola and Edelman

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I wouldn't be suprised to see the 2 lines start getting made over.  Volmer, Mankins, Wilfolk, Kelly...all underperformed their salary in my mind.  Injuries happen, but that is part of how the football economics work.  I bet Folk gets extended at a relative bargain, similar to how Brady has done recently.  Volmer and/or Mankins need to be next.  Step up or step out.  Cannon can replace either.  Draft a few linemen this year and play some hardball.

Vollmer just signed this offseason.

Mankins I agree could be a re do, but he is owed a lot of money still and his last contract negotiaion was contentious.

Wilfork is touchy. He will be 33 years old next year, and is owed $11.6M. If the Pats renegotiate Wilfork to 3 years $3M and convert that $11.6 owed to a bonus and ammortize it over the 3 years, he is still on the books for $4.8M for the next 3 years including his 34 and 35 years old seasons...I would do it to save the $6M

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

this is good observation and post...but does not address the elephant in the room...Amendola is owed $28million dollars, and can not stay on the field on a regular basis. Plus, the Pats do not have the cap space to pay JE what he will command on the open market, so he will leave.

But why would we have paid edelman on a 5 year deal when he had also been injured for the duration of his career? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

………………..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,
    …………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll...
    ………,-~*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...
    ……,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...
    ….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-...
    …..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;...
    …...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~...
    …….\llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-\..*`*;....
    ……..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../
    ……...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\
    ……../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*......
    …….|.../…/…/.*`...\...……………………)….)¯`~,
    …….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)...
    ……/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./...
    …...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…...
    …….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*....
    ……….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-* `...,-*….(`-,...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ________
    . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\

hey PCM this is pretty cool. A lot of work

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

………………..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,
    …………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll...
    ………,-~*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...
    ……,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...
    ….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-...
    …..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;...
    …...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~...
    …….\llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-\..*`*;....
    ……..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../
    ……...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\
    ……../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*......
    …….|.../…/…/.*`...\...……………………)….)¯`~,
    …….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)...
    ……/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./...
    …...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…...
    …….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*....
    ……….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-* `...,-*….(`-,...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ________
    . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\

hey PCM this is pretty cool. A lot of work

Dude, don't be dumb. That has been on the interwebs for years.  He didn't create it.

What's an interweb?  Working from home today?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Its official! "MR. RELIABLE", Wee Widdle Wessie,  is punch drunk and has got a glass jaw! THANK GOD, and BB, Wessie's gone, JUST IN TIME. Poor widdle Wessie.......He got boo-boos. I'm sure his man-lovers here on BDC will insists that he is better being at hurt than JE or DA too...LOL! GO PATS!!!!!

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/broncos-wes-welker-likely-out-until-playoffs-281085.html

With that said, the decision to go after a younger, faster, potential version of Welker was obviously the right choice. You don't pay for past production and we all saw welker take the hits. He is a 32 year old heavily used slot receiver.

And Junior Seau and Ali were the toughest at what they did until they no longer were due to severe brain damage/injury. See, those who worship Wes for what he did are blind to the effects of what he is now doing. Or, maybe more appropriately, now not doing. Wes is gone, in more ways than as a Patriots player. We let him go as he was no longer the tough receiver he once was. Wes Welker's decline began a couple of years ago ever so gradually. His motor skills are mor and more impaired seemingly game over game. We didnt retain him for good reasons. Not the least of which is because BB knows best. Time proves this over and over. So, no matter what folks who have never been any closer to the playing field than in the nose bleeds in the end zone may say, those who have played, yes like me, know and appreciate why Bill let Wessie walk. TFB12 pretends to know hat hes talking about, but doesnt know anything except that the thought of Tom Brady and Wessie give him a woody. Period. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I never said red zone. I said a perimeter option I could care less who on our team physically gets the TDs, by the way.

Spread it around like we did when winning SBs. Of course, this was long before you bandwagoned here when Moss arrived in2007 or 2008.

Don't keep lying Rusty, You were saying Amendola would be much better in the redzone because he was bigger then Welker.  I laughed at you and pointed out it was only by 1 inch and that he wouldn't be better in the redzone. 

Spread it around?  To who?  Boyce who drops the ball.  Dobson and Thompkins?  They keep sitting the bench either due to ingury or being replaced by each other due to drops or non-performance.

I wouldn't be surprised if Collie gets more action, and TFB starts throwing more to him over Amendola.  Hard to trust Amendola after dropping the game winning TD.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

And Junior Seau and Ali were the toughest at what they did until they no longer were due to severe brain damage/injury. See, those who worship Wes for what he did are blind to the effects of what he is now doing. Or, maybe more appropriately, now not doing. Wes is gone, in more ways than as a Patriots player. We let him go as he was no longer the tough receiver he once was. Wes Welker's decline began a couple of years ago ever so gradually. His motor skills are mor and more impaired seemingly game over game. We didnt retain him for good reasons. Not the least of which is because BB knows best. Time proves this over and over. So, no matter what folks who have never been any closer to the playing field than in the nose bleeds in the end zone may say, those who have played, yes like me, know and appreciate why Bill let Wessie walk. TFB12 pretends to know hat hes talking about, but doesnt know anything except that the thought of Tom Brady and Wessie give him a woody. Period. 

Poor RallyC still trying to fight a fight that he can not win.  He is over matched and his arguments have become as lame as he is.  Look at his big blow hard posts, what a joke. 

Yeah, looks like Welker was doing bad this season up until he got a concussion.  You never played football, it shows.  The only ball plaing RallyC did was with the ones on his chin.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I never said red zone. I said a perimeter option I could care less who on our team physically gets the TDs, by the way.

Spread it around like we did when winning SBs. Of course, this was long before you bandwagoned here when Moss arrived in2007 or 2008.

Don't keep lying Rusty, You were saying Amendola would be much better in the redzone because he was bigger then Welker.  I laughed at you and pointed out it was only by 1 inch and that he wouldn't be better in the redzone. 

Spread it around?  To who?  Boyce who drops the ball.  Dobson and Thompkins?  They keep sitting the bench either due to ingury or being replaced by each other due to drops or non-performance.

I wouldn't be surprised if Collie gets more action, and TFB starts throwing more to him over Amendola.  Hard to trust Amendola after dropping the game winning TD.

Hard to trust Welkie for losing SBs and AFC Title games! lmao

Ever notice we'd lose games unless Welker was playing against a zone?  lmao

Of course you didn't!  

Never said a word about height and red zone when comparing the dwarf Welkie and Amendola. Also, it's two inches, not 1.

Welker is a borderline dwarf (legally).

Oh yes you did.  What, you can't keep your make believe stories straight?

Maybe when I have some extra time I will go back and find it and prove you wrong.  Shouldn't be hard to find, you made the comment many times.  Actually, I might have a screen capture of it.  I do that with some of your more ridiculous statements knowing you will deny it later.  You might want to go ahead and confess to it now before I totally embarrass you with your actual quote.

Sections
Shortcuts