Final Debate (Welker vs Amendola/Edelman)

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Final Debate (Welker vs Amendola/Edelman)

Le vrai est trop simple, il faut y arriver toujours par le compliqué.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

My french is a tad rusty (no relation or pun intended) but i do recognize the words truth? complicated? and obviously simple...

Something about the truth is complicated?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Besides the touchdowns, Edelman has been outperforming Welker this year in terms of total production.  There is almost no need to include Amendola into the conversation.  I think what we have here are two guys that can do close to the same job for this team.  Both come with an injury risk, so you sign two guys hoping that at least one is healthy for the team all year.  This has worked out rather well in that regard.

In terms of Amendola to Welker, it is Welker by a large margin this year.  We can not discount the time that Amendola spent on the DL as it took away from the team's production.  I am not sure what happens to Edelman next year as he is a free agent, but the next man up would be Amendola and I think he would do a fine enough job. 

So in closing, Edelman has been the more productive player this season.  This is especially true when factoring in the great job he does on punt returns.  The problem is that he did so well, that it is likely that a team will sign him next year out from under us because his price just got very expensive.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

My french is a tad rusty (no relation or pun intended) but i do recognize the words truth? complicated? and obviously simple...

My French isn't great, but I think it translates "The truth is very simple, it must always be arrived at by the complex."

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

My French isn't great, but I think it translates "The truth is very simple, it must always be arrived at by the complex."

Merci

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The truth is too simple; one must always get there by a complicated route.  (Unless i'm mis-remembering the quote)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Indeed.

And DeadAhead is correct for once:   I am definitely "anti" Belichick bashing for bashing sake.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

The truth is too simple; one must always get there by a complicated route.  (Unless i'm mis-remembering the quote)

This is a much better translation than mine! 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

This doesn't matter at all anymore Welker's gone.

In BB's words " He's not on our team"

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

This is a much better translation than mine! 

My French is awful; what I remembered was the English translation.  The quote was thrown in my face once.  Back story is much too dull to take up space here.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts