Final Debate (Welker vs Amendola/Edelman)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: Final Debate (Welker vs Amendola/Edelman)

Mods, please delete this discussion.  This topic has been covered time and time again. And the OP is a complete moron who after claiming that Brady "stared down" Welker is making excuses for Brady staring down Edleman.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Mods, please delete this discussion.  Aside from the fact that the OP is an idiot and that this topic has been covered time and time again, the cap hell Patriots already with 120 mil spent will not be able to resign Edelman next year.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

Mods, please delete this discussion.  This topic has been covered time and time again. And the OP is a complete moron who after claiming that Brady "stared down" Welker is making excuses for Brady staring down Edleman.

Edelman will not have 120 receptions when the season is over.

Edelman also lines up on the outside, which means Brady isn't looking at an option at one part of the field.

Yes, Brady became fixated on binkies, which has been proven time and again with poor Brady postseasons whether it be with in the Moss/Welker base or Gronk/Welker base. Yes.

If it wasn't deep or short routes (Moss and Welker), it was all midfield routes (Gronk and Welker).

Too easy to gameplan against. It's how your Jets beat the Pats in the 2010 playoffs. I was cringing hoping Rexie wouldn't figure it out, but Jim Leonhard suggested it for Rexie.

But, your jealousy is delicious. Kerley isn't as good as 7th rd pick Edelman and never will be. LMAO

Yes, same gameplan was 45-3 a few weeks prior, you idiot.  Sounds like you are bashing BB's game plans, though.  Why?  He just wants the opportunity to score points.  As everone besides you knows, the best way to do that is passing.  Only a complete idiot would want to run the ball down 10 late in the 4th quarter.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Mods, please delete this discussion.  Aside from the fact that the OP is an idiot and that this topic has been covered time and time again, the cap hell Patriots already with 120 mil spent will not be able to resign Edelman next year.

^^^^Exposed and now desperate, jealous and unable to counter.

Thank again to BB.

Between the trolling on this, TFB12 not having any allies with the dead giveaway GhostofJiri and Prolate wanting to learn French agreeing with me, and now you, I win.

EnjoY!

This wasn't the French lesson thread??? my apologies... do you know what time that thread starts?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

This debate doesn't get settled till the Broncos and Pats seasons are over. Then we can settle it. There's simply no way to finalize a conclusion until then. So I'll chime in again then. 

But as for this small point:

"Amendola absolutely did not "drop" a TD last week. That was a nice break up by the DB there with his his orange goofy glove clearly getting in there to knock it away. Nice play."

Agreed. Though his height disadvantage on that play was obvious. Welker couldn't have caught that bal either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

^^^^Exposed and now desperate, jealous and unable to counter.

Thank again to BB.

Between the trolling on this, TFB12 not having any allies with the dead giveaway GhostofJiri and Prolate wanting to learn French agreeing with me, and now you, I win.

EnjoY!

Yes, yes, I've been exposed making sure eveyone knows what a pathetic loser you are begging the mods to delete a thread.  Yep, you got me.

Counter what, btw?  Counter you being a moron?  Yeah, that's what I did by pointing out your hypocrisy of claiming that Brady "stares down" receivers.   Of course, this idiotic claim comes from the king of deflection who answer to any question regarding the Paper Tiger Patriots always includes accusations of other teams.  See what I'm saying here? You're a pathetic loser.

Working from home today? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Mods, please delete this discussion"

Just FYI the mods here don't delete discussions, they only delete low value posts. Hopefully they will delete yours soon as they certainly qualify.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

This debate doesn't get settled till the Broncos and Pats seasons are over. Then we can settle it. There's simply no way to finalize a conclusion until then. So I'll chime in again then. 

But as for this small point:

"Amendola absolutely did not "drop" a TD last week. That was a nice break up by the DB there with his his orange goofy glove clearly getting in there to knock it away. Nice play."

Agreed. Though his height disadvantage on that play was obvious. Welker couldn't have caught that bal either.

Even at the end of this year it may be to soon to judge. It will be interesting to see going forward if DA can stay on the field and put up consistent numbers. IMHO he has the skill set and talent to put up very good numbers IF he can stay on the field. As we have been witness to it is a very big IF.

A side point... TFB is of the opinion that the Pat's would have won 2 more games with Welker here. Perhaps but very debatable. I would counter that they would have lost the Buffalo game if not for DA on the last drive of that game. He caught a ball while on his back to sustain a drive that Welker would have never come up with.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:

Welker is better and BB put the s crews to him this year. Never before in the history of the game was a teams most productive player just tossed away to the curb like that.

We will add that to the long list of questionable,for lack of a better word,moves that has BB has made throughout his careeer that you people blindly and without question let happen.

It's been 10 years since the pats won anything. WAKE UP!

10 years since the pats won anything?  Wake up . . . you have to win the AFC Championship to get into the Super Bowl.  How many division titles have they won in the last 10 years?  How many have other teams won?  Year-in and year-out they are the most competitive team in football (even 11-5 w/o Brady one year) . . . enjoy the ride as it has never happen before in any city over a 12 year span and with free-agency and a cap it never will!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Mods, please delete this discussion"

Just FYI the mods here don't delete discussions, they only delete low value posts. Hopefully they will delete yours soon as they certainly qualify.

Yeah thanks, genius.  Maybe you missed this little diddy from your hero:

"Mods, please delete this thread for spamming."

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/take-vereen-out-of-game-take-out-offense-altogether/100/6937642

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

How can I even have a real discussion with you when you continue to keep changing the discussion?

The initial discussion, which I have always argued was this team would be better with Welker on it and that Amendola would not come in here and do what Welker has done.  That has always been the discussion from day 1.

Now you change it.  Why?  Because Amendola has not come in here and done what Welker had done for the past 6 season.

Now you change it to Edelman then to cap allecation, then 2 is better then 1.  Come one, we all see that you are deflecting from the original discussion.

Welker vs Amendola

This team is better with which player?  Simple question, has been the discussion all along.  I was right, you were wrong.  I know it's hard for you to do but deal with it!!  You were wrong!! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

"The Moss trade saved our 2010 season"

LOL

Yup, thank goodness they traded him or they wouldn't have gone one and done to an average team with an atrocious QB!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's always been about me talking about importance of the cap and budgeting! Always!  Liar!

Disingenuous liar with a backpedal!

I gave you a chance to be honest and fair and did what you wanted, but now you are backpedaling and claiming I am not in here on a routine basis talking about BB knowing when to walk, keeping leverage, knowing the market and budgeting so well as the greatest GM of alll time???!!

How can you be so disingenuous??!

This is what I mean. You act like a victim and then turn around and act like a phony!

Unreal.

Seriously, what are you even talking about?  You go on and off, in and out of the topic so often I can't keep up with what garbage you are arguing about?

Seriously dude, I have been nice, especially over in the other thread where this one came from, but I am done trying with you.  I gave it a fair shot but you have a bipolar or multiple personality disorder.  You are Cybil.  You have some serious mental issues.  Why don't you come clean about that so we can understand why you do the things you do.

I have never lied on this forum, I don't in real life so why would I here?  I don't put on a fake internet persona.  You on the other hand lie every single day on here, most every post of yours is a lie and you are calling me a liar?  Hahaha, you are a piece of work, Rusty.  I feel bad for ya. I really do.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

tfb12 = phony

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

How can I even have a real discussion with you when you continue to keep changing the discussion?

The initial discussion, which I have always argued was this team would be better with Welker on it and that Amendola would not come in here and do what Welker has done.  That has always been the discussion from day 1.

Now you change it.  Why?  Because Amendola has not come in here and done what Welker had done for the past 6 season.

Now you change it to Edelman then to cap allecation, then 2 is better then 1.  Come one, we all see that you are deflecting from the original discussion.

Welker vs Amendola

This team is better with which player?  Simple question, has been the discussion all along.  I was right, you were wrong.  I know it's hard for you to do but deal with it!!  You were wrong!! 

u are trying to be reasonable with the person who said "Tom Brady has been bad to mediocre for the past 7 years", who thinks 31 other teams are in "cap hell" and who thinks Bellichick's moves to bring in Ocho Cinco and Albert Haynesworth were correct so how do you expect such a person to be normal on any level? Btw if u can find it bring up the post he made last year about mid season when he said "the Ravens will never win another Super Bowl because it's all about ray-ray" ...only problem is I don't remember which of his dozen aliases he put it under

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

FALSE: The arugment has NEVER been about Welker vs Amendola. Edelman has always been capable and Welker ONLY was effective from the slot, while I kept telling you Edelman and Amendola have PROVEN to be effective from the X and Z spots, which meant our offense could be less predictable.

They have to because Dobson and Thompkins aren't.  Had Welker been here he would be doing the same thing.  He did when he was here, higher % rate of doing so then Amendola did on the Rams.

THAT IS THE ARGUMENT and how to best spread the money to the WR position. THIS is what you NEVER UNDERSTOOD and apparently still don't, which is infurtiating after numerous explanations. 

Never, ever part of the initial discussion.  The initial discussion was about Amendola and Welker production.

1.  With regards to Moss, very clearly his one dimensional role as he aged made him less effective. That was proven after BB dealt Moss. Also, Thompkins, Edelman, Dobson, Boyce, etc, have all proven to get deep. Again, no real Pats fans ever uttered the words "deep threay" pre Moss. This is how I know you came here in 2007 as a fan of our team. Don't try to argue it, it's blatantly obvious. "Deep threat" never entered a Pats fan vocabulary, UNTIL Moss came here. We never won a SB with Moss. In fact, we have been to 4 SBs without Moss, won 3 and ALMOST won 4 with a 3 different leads in SB 46, never to score anything again.

OMG, seriously?  You must be kidding.  I must have came here as a fan because I used the word deep threat? LMAO @ U.  Do you know just how crazy that sounds??  Deep threat is a freaking football term.  Moss was one and the Patriots put up record breaking numbers with it.  More so then the offense they are using now.  Just to let you in on a little secret.. the 2004 offense being ran now isn't working like it did back in 2004, goof!

2. Welker is 33 years old next year. Let's do a wager now and compare Amendola's stats and Welker's next year. If Welker wins, I leave the board for a month and start a thread announcing defeat. If Amendola wins, you leave the board for a month and admitting you were wrong.

LMAO!  Come on now, you are really looking foolish.  It didn't work out this season.... but wait, how about next season.  Will this go on and on until Amendola finally has a Welker type season? 

3. Welker's numbers fade in the cold weather. His drop rate also increases. I pointed this out in one my threads and also pointed to Mankins.  Of course I was mocked and it was ignored, but it's true. IF Edelman and Amendola keep showing clutch play into these colder months, you're really up the creek and I will start a thread calling you out, since you are not admitting this now.

Welkers drop rate last season was not anywhere near the top of the list last season.  Both Edelman and Amendola had drops last week.  Amendola also dropped the game winner.

When you say "I knew his numbers would be less in Denver", I said they would be less because he's one year old er and Manning is a different QB than Brady in terms of 5-10 yard accuracy. It's true. It has more to do with that than the weapons around Welkie.

You can not be serious?  Dumbest comment I have read here from you today and there have been many.  This is probably the dumbest though.

4. Amendola absolutely did not "drop" a TD last week. That was a nice break up by the DB there with his his orange goofy glove clearly getting in there to knock it away. Nice play. Further, Welker was never running a perimeter route like that in his years here. Ever.  FACT. You lose that one, too.  I;ve seen Edelman and Amendola open deep down the field numerous times from the X or Z. Numerous.  Welker? NEVER. Open the windows for Brady. Yep.

Amendola dropped the game winning pass last Sunday.  had the ball in both hands before the defender got his hands by the ball.  In March you were telling me how Amendola would be a bigger redzone threat due to being taller (1 inch) then Welker, lol!  I said no he wouldn't, 1 inch isn't going to make a difference when it comes to the 6'+ DB's.  You lost both these arguments!

The Red Zone performance last week would have been better with playaction, it has nothing to do with a pass break up by the Dolphins DB. That play was there and it was a nice play.

Nothing to do with the topic!

The absolute and clear bottom line is, Amendola might have 15-20 more receptions and 200 more yards if he had played 3 more games this year with Welker's 13.

Welkers numbers would have dwarfed Edelmans and Amendolas had Welker been on the Pats this season, especially with the lack of WR talent on this team.  This argument of yours is foolish especially considering the weapons Denver has.  4 Very good receivers sharing the ball there.

The whole claim was Welker's durability and now he's not available again and could be done for the year with back to back serious concussions.

Welkers durability was never a question, never needed to be, he was more durable then any receiver here, including Edelman.  Everyone was quick to discount Amendola's concussion here saying it happens to everyone.  So maybe the same rule should apply to Welker.  Last I checked Solder has had 2 concussions this season, maybe he should sit the rest of the season.

Clearly, and VERY clearly, moving forward, the Edelman/Amendola combo is the better overall combo now and moving forward at 6 mllion this year and whateveer the money is for the increased production moving on, assuuming they sign Edelman to a similar deal to that of Amendola.

You did not successfully counter any of my points. Welker be fading out of the league after 2014 at age 34.

Now, we will put it to a vote:

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:

tfb12 = phony

Clearly I am and the clown providing lame one liners isn't. 

Thanks for the attention though, I like it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Welker vs Amendola

u are trying to be reasonable with the person who said "Tom Brady has been bad to mediocre for the past 7 years", who thinks 31 other teams are in "cap hell" and who thinks Bellichick's moves to bring in Ocho Cinco and Albert Haynesworth were correct so how do you expect such a person to be normal on any level? Btw if u can find it bring up the post he made last year about mid season when he said "the Ravens will never win another Super Bowl because it's all about ray-ray" ...only problem is I don't remember which of his dozen aliases he put it under

I know, I know.  What am I thinking.  This guy has a mental disorder and I have tried to be nice to him.  Now I just feel really bad and sorry for him.  Guy takes a pounding on this forum, probably can't even look at himself in the mirror when he steps away from the computer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

………………..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,
    …………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll...
    ………,-~*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...
    ……,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...
    ….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-...
    …..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;...
    …...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~...
    …….\llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-\..*`*;....
    ……..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../
    ……...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\
    ……../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*......
    …….|.../…/…/.*`...\...……………………)….)¯`~,
    …….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)...
    ……/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./...
    …...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…...
    …….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*....
    ……….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-* `...,-*….(`-,...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ________
    . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\

Sections
Shortcuts