Final Debate (Welker vs Amendola/Edelman)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Final Debate (Welker vs Amendola/Edelman)

if JE leaves after this year and DA misses 5-6 games next year, is this the "final" conversation?

c'mon. The parameters were Wes for 2/10 or Amendola 5/28. Me, I would have orefered Wes and JE for 2 years while the young guts develop. I live DA, just dont think he holds up physically the next few years

Wes, DA, JE. In hindsight BB's biggest mistake was signing JE for only one year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

atleast im consistant. you on the other hand like a different nfl every decade

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

if JE leaves after this year and DA misses 5-6 games next year, is this the "final" conversation?

c'mon. The parameters were Wes for 2/10 or Amendola 5/28. Me, I would have orefered Wes and JE for 2 years while the young guts develop. I live DA, just dont think he holds up physically the next few years

Wes, DA, JE. In hindsight BB's biggest mistake was signing JE for only one year

No. That is fair.  I am talking 2013.  I am of the belief Edelman isn't going anywhere because he hold too much value, which is why I kept laughing at you putting Tebow on the roster and not Edelman.

IN fact, we had people calling Edelman "Edelwoman" in here right through camp this summer.

Edelman knows the support he's received here and if he goes really anywhere else, it's all down hill.

I think BB and Edelman will set down and get him taken care of. There appears to be too much loyalty there on both sides. I could be completely wrong, it's just a guess. Many teams would never have given him a crack to earn a spot as a converted Wildcat/Read Option 7th rd pick.

BB did.

But, if Edelman left, then yes it would shift it back to Welker in Denver unless Amendola blows up next year, which he could a 2nd year into the system. I was strictly talking about the overall logic of the approach and why TFB12 didn't get it and still doesn't apparently.

Wes Welker is 32 and in decline. He showed his ego in the wake of major choking and got shipped out. REGARDLESS of who Bill had on his team, I believe Wes was gonna take what the PATS offerred, or SEE YA Wessie. JE shows why Bill didn't have any real heartache over letting the punch drunk dwarf walk. DA will continue to increase production. Let it be over.....Wes is gone, and we are NOW better off and in a better position for the future as Wes is in meteroic decline in many ways. Nice move BB!!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

So, you aligning with Gunty, a Giants troll, a team we gifted TWO SBs to, in a thread where I gave you a fair chance to counter in, because you're now all on board with Edelman/AMendola at 6 mil per with Welkie out with a concussion?

Seriously dude, get some help.  So I am disingenuous since I agree with someone who happens to be a Giants fan?  What is with all this aligning with people about?  Either you share the same opinion or you don't.  Who cares who it is with.  You call it aligning, I call it agreeing with someone.  Who cares if he is a Giants fan, I agree with some things he posts.  How crazy would it be if I disagreed with everything he post only because he is a Giants fan. 

DO you realize how disingenous this makes you, dude? When you said I am trying to change the argument, that is also disingenous.

I told you time and again and said it when it happened: "BB just gave Welkie's money to Hernandez."

You did?  Well that turned out about as well as letting Welker go.

Kraft the confirmed in public saying "we aren't going to put that much money into one part of the field."

Meanwhile, you are on record saying "Pay Welkie anything and I am shocked BB is not resiging him."

I went on record and said pay him anything?  Please show me said record you talk about.

You just didn't get it in 2012, 2012 or this past spring, and you're showing you still don't.

I kept saying no more than 6. Welker rejected 6, he went to FA, got 5, upped it to 6, but BB wanted to get younger and improve the perimeter. He did just that and you lost.

Welker is NOT a perimeter WR.  Edelman and Amendola both can be.  They can be slot guys and perimeter guys.

Welker was more so as a Patriot then Danny was as a Ram, which just happened to have been the discussion at the time back in March.  And um........perimeter guys make that game winning TD catch last Sunday.

Edelman/Amendola 6 million>Welker at 6 million 

I win.

You win, lmao!  Yeah, please lets have this discussion next season when the Pats have to pay Edelman and Amendola.  That isn't cap smart.  Totally over paid, way over paid for Amendola, you know Edelman isn't going to let the Pats off so easy come contract time.

Wes Welker ranked 1st, drivers seat #1 seed

Patriots 10-4 unknown playoff seed.

Looks like WW wins as of now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Oh imagine that, RallyC the fraud comes to spill his garbage in here just after Rusty was complaining about others backing me up!  Hahaha!  Oh and the 3rd of their 3-some has joined in also.

Why are you here RallyC?  You usually don't show up much when the team loses. But when they win you are all over the forum spewing you his silly little predictions that never come true.

Hey RallyC, that hurt watching Amendola choke on the game winning TD last weak, especially since Rusty has been here telling everyone how great Amendola was going to be in the red zone, because he was taller (by 1 inch then Welker) haha! 

It doesn't get any better then this.. the 3 stooges are now in this thread puking their silly garbage all over the place.  All 3 of you are frauds.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

So, you aligning with Gunty, a Giants troll, a team we gifted TWO SBs to, in a thread where I gave you a fair chance to counter in, because you're now all on board with Edelman/AMendola at 6 mil per with Welkie out with a concussion?

Seriously dude, get some help.  So I am disingenuous since I agree with someone who happens to be a Giants fan?  What is with all this aligning with people about?  Either you share the same opinion or you don't.  Who cares who it is with.  You call it aligning, I call it agreeing with someone.  Who cares if he is a Giants fan, I agree with some things he posts.  How crazy would it be if I disagreed with everything he post only because he is a Giants fan. 

DO you realize how disingenous this makes you, dude? When you said I am trying to change the argument, that is also disingenous.

I told you time and again and said it when it happened: "BB just gave Welkie's money to Hernandez."

You did?  Well that turned out about as well as letting Welker go.

Kraft the confirmed in public saying "we aren't going to put that much money into one part of the field."

Meanwhile, you are on record saying "Pay Welkie anything and I am shocked BB is not resiging him."

I went on record and said pay him anything?  Please show me said record you talk about.

You just didn't get it in 2012, 2012 or this past spring, and you're showing you still don't.

I kept saying no more than 6. Welker rejected 6, he went to FA, got 5, upped it to 6, but BB wanted to get younger and improve the perimeter. He did just that and you lost.

Welker is NOT a perimeter WR.  Edelman and Amendola both can be.  They can be slot guys and perimeter guys.

Welker was more so as a Patriot then Danny was as a Ram, which just happened to have been the discussion at the time back in March.  And um........perimeter guys make that game winning TD catch last Sunday.

Edelman/Amendola 6 million>Welker at 6 million 

I win.

You win, lmao!  Yeah, please lets have this discussion next season when the Pats have to pay Edelman and Amendola.  That isn't cap smart.  Totally over paid, way over paid for Amendola, you know Edelman isn't going to let the Pats off so easy come contract time.

Wes Welker ranked 1st, drivers seat #1 seed

Patriots 10-4 unknown playoff seed.

Looks like WW wins as of now.

Amendola is not overpaid at all or won;t be when the life of the deal goes through. Edelman is clearly underpaid on his production in 2013.

After Hartline wanting to stay in MIami, Amendola was clearly the next best choice. Clearly.

As for you aligning with trolls, of course they will take the opposite side of me. Are you this dense?

You're the one who needs help. You've been clearly owned on this topic and all you have by your side is Bustchise and Gunty. That proves you lost.

I asked that turd to stay out of this thread and you go right back and enable him by responding to him.

Ugh.

DUDE, Ignore takes the bytches right out of your life. Try it. Less fake, fruad, man-loving freaks to deal with. Its so much better this way.......

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I never, ever was in on TT, ever

i begged for JE to resign

I had posted I heard he was in NY and felt for sure he was gone

I cant see JE back for less than 3/$18 with $10 guaranteed. Pats in tough cap shape, not sure they do it. Think the Jets arent going to try on him?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

MIAMI GARDENS, FL - DECEMBER 15: Patriots wide reciever Danny Amendola can't hang on, as he drops a potential game winning touchdown pass in the end zone late in the fourth quarter. His teammate Michael Hoomanawanui (#47) signals for the touchdown, but is was not to be.

Oh, he had it!

And then he didn't.

Clutch Fail!!

Did you see that 1 handed grab by Hooman?  Defender all over him and grabing at the ball.  I think they called that a TD! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I am willing to bet this is not the "Final Debate (Welker vs Amendola/Edelman)"

A person would have to think that he has the ability to speak for the entire board to use that as a thread title.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I just don't understand why Edelman keeps coming into the comparison. In the offseason everyone agreed Amendola was Welkers replacement, heck even Jonathan Kraft said so. Given Edelman's versatility, STs play, and low contract and given they already signed Amendola there was a high likelyhood they would have signed Edelman even if they signed Welker. So Edelman should be a non-factor and even with Welker would still see a high number of catches as him and Welker would have been the only consistent receivers on the field at any given time.

So if you are looking at straight Amendola vs Welker it's hard to argue we got the better end of the deal there. In 2 of the 3 loses we went a combined 2 for 20 on 3rd downs and lost by less then a score so they could still have lost but given it was Welker speciality chances are they would have won one. Even in the Buf game Ghost points out you can't assume Welker wouldn't have made that catch our that they would have been in that position to begin with. Imo only (just my opinion) switching out Amendola for Welker costs us a game. Now if that 1 game matters we'll see but I see at least 1 game lost.

In the end the debate is would you rather Amendola/Edelman or Welker/Edelman and it's hard to argue for the former considering moving forward the former hasn't produced as much and will actually cost more long term than the latter against the cap. 

As for production of the individual receivers is concerned Edelmans had a great season. He's been helped that he's the only stable receiver for Brady to throw to but regardless he's been great and I hope they can resign him moving forward. However, given Edelman has done what Amendola was suppose to do, and has been a great PR again this year, and has been healthy this year his starting contract should be the same as Amendola with a chance to get higher and will the Pats pay him that or will they say you are worth 1 mil less then the next highest offer and we are ok going with our second choice

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

I am willing to bet this is not the "Final Debate (Welker vs Amendola/Edelman)"

A person would have to think that he has the ability to speak for the entire board to use that as a thread title.   

I agree.  I have not talked about it in a month and those people who have got on me about talking about it keep bringing it up over and over again.  I wish they would make up their minds.  Unbelievable!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You are exactly right, PatsEng.  The initial argument was Amendola vs Welker from day one.  So many threads talking about how much more Amendola had to offer and how he was going to do all these great things here and guess what.... Hasn't happened.  I knew it.  You knew it, several people knew it but Rusty and Rally didn't know it or want to admit it.  Possibly they just don't have the football foresight to see these things.  Maybe they don't know the game as well as they want to pretend to know it.  That could very well be it..  LOL!  Now they are using Edelman as their "out" for being wrong.

One other thing was the whole injury issue.  They said those were freak accidents and Amendola wasn't injury prone, those injuries happened on the Rams.  Well game 1 Amendola got injured, they were silent.  Then he got a concussion and they said that happens to a lot of players and shouldn't be held against him.  Okay fine.  Now Welker gets a concussion and they are all over it, totally ignoring their previous Amendola concussion comments.

Now, if they had Amendola signed before Welker leaving, which reports were they did, then had Welker decided to stay in NE there is a very good chance Edelman would have been gone.  The Pats did after all wait a while to re-sign Edelman even after they let the Giants take a look at him, even after Welker left  Makes it look like Edelman wasn't really in their plans to begin with.  Thank goodness the Giants passed on him and he stayed a Patriot.

It's another one of Josh McD's guys that hasn't turned out to be what was expected.  Maybe Josh McD needs to start taking some blame for this.

Welker has been very productive even with all the other weapons on Denver.  We all knew he wouldn't have the numbers there that he did in NE, it only makes sense that he wouldn't.  But had he still been in NE his numbers would probably be much better then Edelmans and would dwarf Amendola's numbers.  Probably would have won the Bengals and Jets games had Welker been in NE because Amendola was out and Edelman was silent in those two game.

Don't get me wrong here, I have always like Edelman and I have made it known about that many times on the forum.  I think Amendola has talent if he can stay on the field.  But make no mistake about it, neither one of these guys are Wes Welker!  Welkers production in NE speaks for itself.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to melwitts' comment:

The defender actually knocked the ball out of Amendola's hands, as all of WW's chokes were on wide open passes...he used to only do it in the clutch...now he's good for a couple of wide open muffs a game...it's true!

Like this one when they need it.  Just barely lost that game.  This would have sure helped.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Right in his hands!  Touchdown! Wait.....What?? He let it get away?

You can't bobble it, gotta secure it.  The ball was in both hands!  Gotta make a clean catch, no bobbles.   Would have won the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

The defender actually knocked the ball out of Amendola's hands, as all of WW's chokes were on wide open passes...he used to only do it in the clutch...now he's good for a couple of wide open muffs a game...it's true!

Like this one when they need it.  Just barely lost that game.  This would have sure helped.

Again...he's tightly covered..yes, he dropped it, should have had it, but he wasn't wide open....

What is the difference?  Results are the same. Drop!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Kiddie, he was NOT Welker's replacement. Welker is strictly a slot WR. Just because each is white, Amendola wears 80, doesn't mean  they are the same player.

You're so annoying.

I would suggest NOT leaning on the media to lead you to your own analysis. Their anti-BB spin is atrocious and usually means improper analysis.

The idea was to add a system guy like Amendola but also try to keep Edelman. That's TWO players with the same money assigned at 6 million.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Debate over.  If you want to go buy another Welkie Broncos jersey, go ahead. Just leave this talk to the big boys. I still cannot believe I once respected your posts. I had no idea you were a BBW and a Welkerite to that degree.

You;d have to be deranged to dispute the production comparisons between Amendola/Edelman and Welkie at 6 million in 2013.

You and TFB12 lost.

It takes two players to give the same production Welker did by himself??  Welker last season 118 receptions for 1370 yards.  Amendola and Edelman won't have that this year.

YOU LOSE!!!

Let's have this discussion next season and let me know what Amendola's and Edelmans combined dollars are.  Amendola will need to take a cut because Edelman isn't going to play for $1 mill again.

You Lose!

We Win!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts