Final Debate (Welker vs Amendola/Edelman)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Final Debate (Welker vs Amendola/Edelman)

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Eng, consider it probable that Bill let Wes walk for calculated reasons that we have all discussed adnauseum here since back in March. That in mind,  Is it possible that Bill saw Wes as a inhibitor to Julian's development to his max potential? Is it possible that Bill saw that JE would excel without Wes on the team, but saw proof that Tom was very comfy with Wes and it stunted the receiving corps' development as it was neglecting the talent pool available, i.e. JE's very average production during Wes's years on the team vs. Julian's outstanding performace this first year after Wes? Is it possible that Bill thinks that JE with DA is a better combo than ANYBODY with Wes on the PATS as it is likely that the Wes plus whoever tandem would result in the Wes Welker show, until it mattered most? Is it possible that Bill saw the incredible stats that Wes put up as insignificant if the player couldn't make THE plays that mattered most, regardless of what other players did in the same circumstances? Obviously the answer is yes to all of the above as Bill, the football genius, orchestrated all of this. See, if you are the guy, you must be the guy when it matters most because you've taken the plays and reps all season long from the rest and even stunt their development. Now we gotta hope that Tom stops being so obsessed with his favorite receiver all the time. It makes our Offense weak and oh so predictable. Regardless, from a purely physical capability stand pont, DA and JE are the better duo for the future starting right now.

[/QUOTE]

This is in response to Rally not TFB since I still have him on ignore per his request. Rally if what you said is true then why did they wait so long to resign Edelman? And why did they let him visit the Giants? The obvious answer is because they didn't expect him to have this type of season. If they knew he was going to turn in this type of season they would have made sure to sign him early and make sure no other teams could have a shot. Not wait it out and try to sign him for a 1mil or less lower. Not only that but why 1 year deal? If BB really saw his potential wouldn't he want to lock him up cheap for multiple years this year and not have to try to pay him large money in the offseason to try to retain him? Every piece of data says they expected Edelman to continue in the same role he was behind Welker except that he'd be behind Amendola this time. As it turns out Amendola was a bad signing and Edelman took advantage of the oppertunity. It wasn't some secret plan that BB crafted and let it potentially get away to another team just to save a few pennies. It makes no sense. It's the same type of logic as people saying BB knew what Brady was when he took him at #199. No chance, if BB knew what Brady was going to be there is no chance he'd let him go that long. If you want proof of that statement look at T. Wilson. Everyone in the world questioned why he took him there since T. Wilson was a day 3 pick at best. He could have waited but felt someone would have taken him so he grabbed him early.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is in response to Rally not TFB since I still have him on ignore per his request.

[/QUOTE]

Wait... What?  I requested PatsEng to ignore me? When, where?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Eng, consider it probable that Bill let Wes walk for calculated reasons that we have all discussed adnauseum here since back in March. That in mind,  Is it possible that Bill saw Wes as a inhibitor to Julian's development to his max potential? Is it possible that Bill saw that JE would excel without Wes on the team, but saw proof that Tom was very comfy with Wes and it stunted the receiving corps' development as it was neglecting the talent pool available, i.e. JE's very average production during Wes's years on the team vs. Julian's outstanding performace this first year after Wes? Is it possible that Bill thinks that JE with DA is a better combo than ANYBODY with Wes on the PATS as it is likely that the Wes plus whoever tandem would result in the Wes Welker show, until it mattered most? Is it possible that Bill saw the incredible stats that Wes put up as insignificant if the player couldn't make THE plays that mattered most, regardless of what other players did in the same circumstances? Obviously the answer is yes to all of the above as Bill, the football genius, orchestrated all of this. See, if you are the guy, you must be the guy when it matters most because you've taken the plays and reps all season long from the rest and even stunt their development. Now we gotta hope that Tom stops being so obsessed with his favorite receiver all the time. It makes our Offense weak and oh so predictable. Regardless, from a purely physical capability stand pont, DA and JE are the better duo for the future starting right now.

This is in response to Rally not TFB since I still have him on ignore per his request. Rally if what you said is true then why did they wait so long to resign Edelman? And why did they let him visit the Giants? The obvious answer is because they didn't expect him to have this type of season. If they knew he was going to turn in this type of season they would have made sure to sign him early and make sure no other teams could have a shot. Not wait it out and try to sign him for a 1mil or less lower. Not only that but why 1 year deal? If BB really saw his potential wouldn't he want to lock him up cheap for multiple years this year and not have to try to pay him large money in the offseason to try to retain him? Every piece of data says they expected Edelman to continue in the same role he was behind Welker except that he'd be behind Amendola this time. As it turns out Amendola was a bad signing and Edelman took advantage of the oppertunity. It wasn't some secret plan that BB crafted and let it potentially get away to another team just to save a few pennies. It makes no sense. It's the same type of logic as people saying BB knew what Brady was when he took him at #199. No chance, if BB knew what Brady was going to be there is no chance he'd let him go that long. If you want proof of that statement look at T. Wilson. Everyone in the world questioned why he took him there since T. Wilson was a day 3 pick at best. He could have waited but felt someone would have taken him so he grabbed him early.

[/QUOTE]

Great post. Sometimes evil geniuses get lucky. Great point on Wilson too, I had never thought of it that way. Seattle saw something in Wilson that no one else saw and wasn't going to take a chance. Obviosly if Belichick thought Brady was going to be a top 5 QB of all time he would have scooped him up asap. The way you describe it you can argue that Seattle's pick of Wilson was a smarter pick than the Pats pick of Brady. Wilson was a calculated choice while Brady was mostly luck. Belichick knew he had found a franchise QB before everyone else did but he definately did not know it on draft day like Seattle did. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This is in response to Rally not TFB since I still have him on ignore per his request.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not you Rally did but I saw his comment from your post

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wes Welker and Julian Edleman stats with PATS:

Wes Welker:   118 catches for  1,354 yards

Julian E.    :    21   catches for    235 yards

2012 WW and JE Combined for 139 catches for 1,589 yards

2013 Julian Edleman and Danny Amendola stats with PATS:

Julian E.    :   105 catches for  1,056 yards

Danny A.    :    54   catches for  633 yards

2013 JE and DA Combined for 159 catches for 1,689 yards for 20-more catches and 100 more yards than JE and Wes the year before.

WEAK!

Plus Edelman only played 9 games in 2012. Hahaha!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

tfb12 loses once again lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Welker > Amendola

RallyC OWNED!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not you Rally did but I saw his comment from your post

[/QUOTE]

Ok.

Well the initial argument from RallyC and Rusty was they both have been saying since March that Amendola was going to come in and be better then Welker in all these different areas.  RallyC said he knew this because he used to play in the CFL before.  Hahaha!!  

RallyC even said Tebow would be here catching passes as a TE from TFB.. again he said he knew this because he played in the CFL before.  Hahaha!!

RallyC said the Patriots were going to be playing all season wiuth an "Us vs the World" mentality due to the Aaron Hernandez situation... again he said he knew this because he played in the CFL before.  Hahaha!!

There have been other things he has been wrong about but I won't pile on.  Hahaha!

RallyC had a meltdown and created a big pathetic good-bye thread because of me owning him.  He hasn't been right about anything yet.

Now RallyC has turned to Edelman to try and save his faild Amendola prediction! Hahaha!!  Poor RallyC!  Be on the lookout for another meltdown good-bye thread from him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why did the Pats wait so long to sign Edleman? The obvious answer is not that they didn't think he would have the type of season he has had this year. The obvious reason is they were letting him set his market value. Contrary to popular belief, the Pats try to pay their players what they are worth minus a hometown discount. They won't over pay for them but they don't want to underpay them by too much either. They have done it with a lot of their players like Vinatieri, Branch, Welker, Edelman, Talib and a couple of other defensive players. The Pats have a history of doing it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To avoid more distraction from TFB12's Incredelman thread, he has asked I move this portion of the conversation to a new thread, so I have obliged.

I have picked it up with the last 2 exchanges, where he still does not admit the 6 million to two players who have put up far more production, with added bonues with what Edelman bring, is the superior to approach:

TFB12:

Once again, I have always like Edelman, I say it all the time on here, and have for many years here even when many were pushing him out the door a few years back when he was on the bubble.

You pushed for Amendola to join the Pats over re-signing Welker and then you continued to tell me how Amendola was so much better and how he would come here and do all these wonderful things.  You provided all these false facts about Amendola compared to Welker, I provided true facts based on real numbers debunking your false claims.  This where we really went at it. Looks like my thoughts on Amendola were correct.  He hasn't done much.  Doesn't mean I don't like the guy or that he isn't capeable of maybe doing good things in the future.  He hasn't done them this year and not having Welker has hurt the team, as I redicted.  Thank goodness Edelman has done very well.  Still not Welker numbers from prior seasons but a solid effort.

I don't agree with every decision BB makes.  I believe he is very capable of fielding much better defenses then he has over the last 5 years.  I also think letting Moss go hurt the Pats.  They went without a deep threat for a few years, which I feel hurt this team.  They still don't have a solid, dependable deep threat yet.  Still hurting the team.  I like BB, greatest coach ever in my eyes, reason I started following the Pats but he isn't perfect.  He makes mistakes.  He has done some things that cost the team at least 1 SB, possibly more.

We can discuss this forever, I gave it a rest about a month ago.  You keep bringing it up, we will never agree.  You want to continue it, make a thread for it and we can do it there or we can just spare everyone all the headshaking and grief and leave it this.  Go a head, get the last word in but don't expect a response from me unless like I said, you start a different thread for it.

[/QUOTE]

DeadAhead:

He hasn't done much? He's gotten better every week and is trending up. Just how many passes do you want Brady to throw around the field here?

I made no false claims whatsoever:

This is what was said:

1. Amendola is younger, has never played with a good QB, is cheaper than what Welker wanted BB to go with here (8 mil+ per) and has a lower drop rate. 

The only question was durability, which I believed to be overrated due to when his injuries occurred. I also feel Gronk's injuries are purely bad luck. It's not a week to week durability problem like we've seen with some other players in this league.

2. Edelman could handle the Welker role. He may not be quite Welker level, but he could produce and represent in similar fashion.

So, you get TWO younger players for the price of ONE older, fading player.

3. Edelman saves a roster spot so BB can only need to carry 2 QBs. He's also the all tim (ALL TIME) punt return leader in terms of yard average.  These two elements alone make Edelman over Welker 

4. Each Amendola and Edelman can line up at the X and Z, which widens the field for us, which has been a major problem for us in general in recent years with Brady's binky addiction over the middle of the field (Gronk and Welker).  This is a MAJOR aspect as to why the approach was the right move.  Brady has not worked the perimeter in years. He's either refused to or pretended he needed two HOF flankers, or a binky like Branch, in order to do so.  

These are all massive pluses as the case over ONE Welker.

6 million invested. No brainer. Combine all of these elements and facts and look at Welker's current production and the Edelman/Amendolsa production:

Welker 73 Rec, 778 Yards, 10 TDs  (13 games)

Edelman 89, 914 Yards, 6 TDs

Amendola 51, 579 Yards, 2 TDS (10 games)

140 receptions, 1493 yards and 8 TDS is superior to what Welker has for the money.

So, at 6 million per, you lose and lose cold. So just admit it and we can move on.

Also, lower drop rate and CLUTCH.

As for Moss, that trade saved our 2010 season. It brought back Branch and made the offense far less predictable. No way Brady wins the MVP and we go 14-2 without that move.

See, this is how I know you started following our team in 2007 when Moss arrived. No one in their right mind would watch Weeks 1-4 with Moss demanding balls from Brady to get a new contract before the lockout and make that absurd statement, thinkning Moss should have been above the team. BB saw it, and dealt him. Thanks BB. BB should have won Exec of the year w/Reese and Caserio in a a RUN AWAY that year along with COach of the Year.

You were warned and you;ve been warned. We will win a SB again when  we run the ball and get Brady to legit playaction status.  We would have had a worse seed in 2010 with Moss. That finesse offense has as much to do with a perceived "bad" D as anything else.   

That's another concept you and the other BBWs don't get.  It showed up last week. Was the D that took out the Run, contained Wallace and Clay all day, allowing 17 points in 85 degrees against a desperate opponent really that bad, or was the second half offense the culprit?

Hmmmm. I know the answer.

[/QUOTE]

so it took two guys to replace Welker...

[/QUOTE]

first comment response dont need quote idiot

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why did the Pats wait so long to sign Edleman? The obvious answer is not that they didn't think he would have the type of season he has had this year. The obvious reason is they were letting him set his market value. Contrary to popular belief, the Pats try to pay their players what they are worth minus a hometown discount. They won't over pay for them but they don't want to underpay them by too much either. They have done it with a lot of their players like Vinatieri, Branch, Welker, Edelman, Talib and a couple of other defensive players. The Pats have a history of doing it.

[/QUOTE]

So if you know you have a 1000yrd receiver you are going to let him test the market? I don't think so for how little the paid him. I could see it if he was going to get a larger contract sure but you risk losing him over a mil or less or a couple years because you want him to set the market? Not to mention why the 1 year? Wouldn't it, given their cap situation next year, be wise to sign him low cost to multiple years instead of letting him have a big year, because you saw it coming, and increase his value 5 fold? Wouldn't that be value if they expected this kind of year from him to lock him up at a lower cost instead of letting him test the market again? It's against logic given what they've done the last couple years with guys they've liked and locked up early instead of waiting. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The regular season is over and even though the stats prove that the Patriots had more productivity out of their Slot-WR combo of JE and DA than they did with WW and JE in 2012, there are those who insist even today that letting Wes walk was a huge mistake. Injuries, personnel, games played, etc. is irrelevant to the comparison as all of these factors are a part of the game, a part of the NFL season. Bill Belichick made the right decsions on Wes Welker and the numbers proved out during this, the very next season. Wes' brain got injured twice this season. He will be 33-next season. He is not going to ever be the same that he was even just last season for so many legit reasons. Its time everyone simply be real about this and move on. Wes Welker put up some great individual numbers as a Patriot, but because he never won a championship and significantly contributed to not winning one with some major failures at key moments, he will never be who we all wished he was, a CHAMPION as member of the NE PATRIOTS. Danny Amendola and Jules E. have proven to be more than adequate in seamlessly providing Tom and the offense with what Wes once brought to the team, AND MORE with their youth, size, speed, and real diversity. Its time that REAL PATRIOTS fans start pulling for their boys and forget about the guys who weren't champions and moved on...............Stop sleeping with the enemy.

If you are a fan of the NFL and love other team's players, then share that all you want, BUT don't expect passionate Patriots fans to sit back silently. This is a New England Patriots fan forum. As is always the case, TFBiatch12 is getting crushed over his man-love for Wessie. I can't imagine what he is posting now as I simply have him on ignore. There are so many trolls who are band wagon guys here who love the winning ways or love a player or two. But when a "fan" jumps to defend a player over a BB decision that has proven out over an entire season, then they really aren't being honest with themselves. They aren't REAL PATRIOTS fans. They are Trolls.............Scew other teams and their players. They wish they had 13-straight winning seasons and a chance to be the champions EVERY.....SINGLE.......YEAR!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

So according to RallyC if we don't agree with every move then we aren't real Patriot fans. Hahaha!  How lame is that?  What a goof!

What RallyC doesn't seeem to realize (because he was wrong with his Amendola better then Welker prediction) is fans want what gives their team the best chance to win the Super Bowl.  Clearly Amendola over Welker wasn't the better choice.  Amendola has not done anything many here said he was going to do, not even close.  Welkers production was always high as a Patriot.  Amendola has seen less action over the past 2 weeks, 32 snaps out of 69 vs Ravens and 33 snaps out of 72 vs the Bills.  Recently we have watched him drop a game winning TD vs the Dolphins and dropped a pass for a big play vs the Ravens last week.  He hasn't been that productive, redzone threat some (RallyC and Rusty) said he would be.  Sorry, but that's the facts and according to RallyC I'm not a Patriots fan because I am pointing out the facts.  LOL!  Hey RallyC,  I was right all along, sorry you seem to have a problem facing that I was right and you were wrong.

Make no mistake about it RallyC, I'm a Pats fan but I am an objective Pats fan, something you have a problem with.  Hey, I don't care about these guys away from the football field, only what they give the game and my favorite team.  If I feel a player gives this team a better chance to win it all then I will state that.  The passing game production has been down this season, so much so that the HOF QB on our favorite team has been very frustrated by it....  Just face it RallyC, your CFL playing days apparently doesn't give you any advantage over the rest of us in football opinions, you have not been correct in any prediction you have made on this forum, lol!  You have been wrong for months here about the Amendola/Welker prediction, just face it. It's okay to admit it.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The PATRIOTS went 12-4, earned a week off without Wessie, Gronk, Hernandez, Wilfork, Mayo, Andre Carter...5-PRO BOWL PLAYERS/6-recent probowlers in all, from just LAST SEASON. Starting with the Hernandez catastrophe that engulphed the franchise in the pre-season, Bill had this team close ranks and required of these men the mental and emotional discipline that most players throughout the league could not sustain. NOT A PEEP came out of the PATS camp that was not first approved by the Organization. ONLY committment and loyalty to Bill's leadership could make this happen. The longer they collectively refrained form any public display outside of the lanes that Bill permitted, the more trust they built in themselves and earned from the rest of the men on the team. TRUST is a key componenet to success in NFL. If a player TRUSTS the guy next to him to do his job, then he can focus on his assignment wholly. Only those who have never played would not understand the incredible feats that Bill Belichick has pulled off these last 13-years. This season is without question his finest display of leadership and coaching. To question Bill's personnel decisions is to be the ultimate Monday Morning QB. I wonder who might want to be Tom Brady the most on these boards??? I BELIEVE IN BILL and TRUST him in every decision to know what he is trying to do better than myself, and certainly any of you. Get on board! Accountants, I.T. techs, and school teachers can blow hard here all they want. Bill is a football genius and if you wanna challenge that here, you only look and sound like a damned idiot. LET IT GO FOLKS, Bill is the greatest football mind of all time......you damned spoiled littel girls......not all of you! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...............

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

LOL at RallyC... Yawn!!  Nothing but pom pom garbage from you again.  You have never made a correct prediction here on this forum all season.  You seem to always stay away when the Pats lose but are here typing your trash when they win.  You are a fraud, dude.  No, Amendola wasn't better then Welker!  No, Tim Tebow never caught a single pass from TFB at TE!  No, The Patriots didn't play with an "Us vs the world" attitude due to the Aaron Hernandez situation!  You are just hot air around here. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

LOL! Oh look! The Queen of Denial, TFBiatch12 always stalking me despite me using IGNORE on "him". How pathetic and starved for relevance. Hey TFBenedictArnold12, if you got yor eyes on.........

Bill is a football genius and if you wanna challenge that here, you only look and sound like a damned idiot. LET IT GO little lady. If you wanna complain then go back to rooting for YOUR HOMETOWN TEAMS, Raiders/9-ers. Oh, they arent good enough anymore? Pay attention FANTASY BOY, Bill is the greatest football mind of all time......you damned spoiled little girl......not all of you! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...............

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

LOL! Oh look! The Queen of Denial, TFBiatch12 always stalking me despite me using IGNORE on "him". How pathetic and starved for relevance. Hey TFBenedictArnold12, if you got yor eyes on.........

Bill is a football genius and if you wanna challenge that here, you only look and sound like a damned idiot. LET IT GO little lady. If you wanna complain then go back to rooting for YOUR HOMETOWN TEAMS, Raiders/9-ers. Oh, they arent good enough anymore? Pay attention FANTASY BOY, Bill is the greatest football mind of all time......you damned spoiled littel girls......not all of you! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...............

Welker > Amendola

RallyC OWNED!

RallyC in Meltdown mode again. 

Look out for another pathetic, long lasting goodbye thread from him.  Seems to be doing the same things he did last time before his first pathetic, long lasting goodbye thread. LOL!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

GO PATS or go home!!!!! My favorite HOMETOWN TEAM is in control of their own destiny and just 3-games from possibly capturing yet another TROPHY. Gotta love their chances with less choke factor and tougher players this time around......All you fruads who are unhappy with who got them here and that the PATS are at it again can EFF-OFF! LOL!!! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Gotta love their chances with less choke factor and tougher players this time around

When you say less, I assume you don't mean this guy...

Then Amendola's drop vs the Ravens last Sunday.

No wonder this guy is getting less then half the snaps on offense. 

Dang RallyC, you really blew it with the Amendola prediction.  Are you sure you really played the game?  Come on now, you can tell us!  Hahahaha!

OWNED!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

GO PATRIOTS OR GO HOME!  If TFBiatch12 isnt gay, he sure should be as much as he loves Wessie and stalks me, RallyC. Not that theres anything wrong with that. LOL!!!!! Seriously? Pats fan from BAY AREA? Come on, Maaaaaaaaan  LOL! Lets see, artistic, Bay Area, spends an abnormal amount of time on the internet, desperately in love with TB and Wessie..... Hmmmmmmmm?

[/QUOTE]

Yep!  RallyC clearly in meltdown mode again.  Name calling and all.  Expect another pathetic goodbye thread from him soon!

Welker > Amendola

RallyC OWNED!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts