Final drive of Super Bowl 36

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Final drive of Super Bowl 36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUFbjCD2taw

10 years ago yesterday. Watching it again it just seems so surreal. No timeouts, starting on their own 17 yard line with only 1:21 left in regulation. The Rams had just tied the game 17-17 and had all the momentum.

John Madden on the final drive, "I don't agree with what the Patriots are doing right here. I would play for overtime. If I had good field position I would."

After getting a couple of first downs Madden recants, "Now I kind of like what the Patriots are doing."

The rest is history. Awesome!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Final drive of Super Bowl 36

I was the same way. I thought there had to be time on the clock and we'd have to wait out a kickoff or something. Some shoe that hadn't dropped. But it didn't. Then it was "Did they just win it with a winning drive with a minute left?"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SXPTSCLTSRULE. Show SXPTSCLTSRULE's posts

Re: Final drive of Super Bowl 36

Totally changed the "luck factor" in New England forever.  Before that, what could go wrong would go wrong.  Simply an amazing and surreal moment vaulting Boston Sports into the greatest decade of sports in the history of the USA.  What are we going to do when Brady, Thomas, Pierce, etc retire.  The draught will be immensely painful but so well worth it.