Final Mock- V4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Final Mock- V4

ü The top of my Rd 1 Board today looks like this, though I think will likely be gone by 27/31:  

S- Mark Barron
    DL- Michael Brockers

ü
     I’m also of the belief that when all is said and done, BB will likely have traded one of, if not both of his Rd 1 picks due to some combo of maybe moving up into the early 20’s to draft a player that is sliding a bit and/or to move back to acquire more picks for this year and the future as he seems to do every year.

With that being said, below is my projection, not factoring in potential trades: 

27-
    Courtney Upshaw- BB finally gets his high round edge rusher.   I think he makes too much sense for them.   A lot of experience against elite competition and in a BB style 34 defense (which should reduce his ramp up time), has excellent upside as an edge rusher, is well versed in a BB style 34 scheme, kid also has good size, plays with a huge motor and is very stout/physical vs. the run.  He brings scheme versatility with the ability to play on his feet in a 34 and with his hand in the dirt when they go 43.  He projects as 3 down backer at the NFL level. Alternatives: Donta Hightower- LB- Alabama / Stephon Gilmore CB/S South Carolina

31- Harrison Smith- S- ND- Very good size, moves well, very instinctive and always around the football, good ball skills, good tackler with knockout potential, has the ability to play in the deep half/third as well as down in the box and is very strong is run support.  He’s also a team leader/captain with very good character; another great fit in NE. Alternatives: Shea McClellin- OLB/ILB/DE- Boise State. / Doug Martin- RB- Boise State. 

48-
    Kendall Reyes- DL- UConn- Very good character/team captain, good size and athleticism, smart kid, scheme diverse and has a big motor, moves very well for a kid his size (6-4 299).  He’s another kid that fits the Patriot’s player profile and would make an excellent addition upfront.  Alternatives: Josh Robinson- CB- UCF / Alshon Jeffery- WR- South Carolina / Amini Silatolu- OG- Midwestern State.

-
    Ronnell Lewis LB Oklahoma- BB sees his new generation LT; kid wears #56 at Oklahoma and plays with the same “pack of crazed dogs” mentality.  He’s very quick off the snap, has excellent plays speed and a violent/ferocious temperament.  He’s strong enough to set the edge vs. the run, has excellent range and displays solid instincts/awareness.  He’s also has the COD and athleticism to drop into coverage.  Also a potential All-Pro on special teams. Alternatives:  Alameda Ta’amu- DL- Washington / Bruce Irvin- OLB/DE- West Virginia / Mohamed Sanu- WR- Rutgers

93- Ron Brooks CB/S LSU- Overshadowed a bit by Morris Claiborne and The Honey Badger, but this kid is also a very good defensive back with play making ability.  Decent site (5-10 190) with 4.3 speed and excellent quicks, versatile and can prob play both CB & S, physical kid, effective blitzer and is proven against SEC competition.  He’s yet another prospect that also projects as an excellent special team’s player. Alternatives:  / Marvin Jones- WR- Cal. / Derek Wolfe- DL- Cincinnati / Cam Johnson- DE/OLB- Virginia / Jayron Hosley- CB- Virginia Tech

126-
    Greg Childs- WR- Arkansas- This would be a great value pick IMO, as the kid has Rd 1/2 talent (he could also be an option in Rd 3).  Very good size/speed combo, good quicks and RAC ability, physical player with upside as a blocker and isn’t afraid to work the middle of the field.  He’s also well schooled in a pro-style offense and BB should be familiar with him due to time spent scouting Ryan Mallet. Alternatives:  Devon Wylie- WR- Fresno State Arkansas / Joe Adams- WR/RS- Arkansas / Josh Chapman- DL- Alabama / Senio Kelemete- OG- Washington

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from troyl. Show troyl's posts

Re: Final Mock- V4

Would be a great draft if we came away with those.

Here's my final projection:

Pick #27         Courtney Upshaw OLB (Alabama)

Pick #31         Trade to Colts for 2nd Round Pick #34 and

2012 5th Round Pick # 136

Pick #34         Chandler Jones DE (Syracuse)

Pick #48         Mohammad Sanu WR (Rutgers)

Pick #62         Trade to Rams for 2013 2nd Round Pick and 2012 4th Round Pick #96

Pick #93         Josh Chapman NT (Alabama)         

Pick #96         Brandon Thomas S (LSU)

Pick #136       Bruce Irvin OLB (West Virgina)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

I would be happy with these picks... 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Final Mock- V4:
    [QUOTE]Wow, I really like those pics M.B. I would say though that IMO, I think Harrison is just a tad bit overated and I wouldnt touch him in the 1st round. If he fell to the 2nd, he would be good value, but I think he is a bit overhyped off a good combine. Everything else looks great. I love the Ron Brooks Kid as well as Ronnell Lewis.
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

Thanks, PF.

Smith isn't the sexy pick, but what I like most about him is you know what you're getting... a steady, consistent player with few holes that will upgrade the back of their defense.  Could envision them trading back and still picking up in up in mid/late 30's, etc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Would be a great draft if we came away with those. Here's my final projection: Pick #27          Courtney Upshaw OLB (Alabama) Pick #31          Trade to Colts for 2 nd Round Pick #34 and 2012 5 th Round Pick # 136 Pick #34          Chandler Jones DE (Syracuse) Pick #48          Mohammad Sanu WR (Rutgers) Pick #62          Trade to Rams for 2013 2 nd Round Pick and 2012 4 th Round Pick #96 Pick #93          Josh Chapman NT (Alabama)           Pick #96          Brandon Thomas S (LSU) Pick #136        Bruce Irvin OLB (West Virgina)
    Posted by troyl[/QUOTE]

Would be a solid haul.

Jones looks more 43 only for me (so I'm not sure he's the best fit, unless BB is looking to go more base 43) and I like the Chapman/Taylor picks in those spots.  I don't think Irvin make it past day 2, the kid has too much upside as a passrusher to slip that far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

A dream draft, great picks. Unfortunately we will not be using both picks in first round and that alters everything from there on out. Would love Ronnell Lewis, only pick i am not enamored with is Reyes. Jerel worthy at that spot would be a steal otherwise great A+ Draft

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE] A dream draft, great picks. Unfortunately we will not be using both picks in first round and that alters everything from there on out. Would love Ronnell Lewis, only pick i am not enamored with is Reyes. Jerel worthy at that spot would be a steal otherwise great A+ Draft
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man.

Yeah, I had that written above in my OP, don't see them taking both 1st rounders.

I like Reyes more than Worthy due to his consistent motor/effort, though Worthy has solid upside if he can put it all together.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Thnx for your insight MB. My guess is the same as every year,BB will trade out of one or both of the first round picks. I hate to be a party poper.Facts are hard to deny he is a second round drafter thats where he believes the quality really lies,plus those players are more eager to prove all the naysayers wrong. 27 he will partner up with Indy as they want to bring in a sense of familiarity along with Luck so they will take Fleener with NE's 27 pick in the draft,in return the Patriots will receive #34 this year and 2013 2nd round pick. If they don't do a deal with Indy then in comes either Denver,Cleveland or STL at #31 each team has a desire to jump back into the first round and we all know BB is more than willing too accommadate! Ironically two of the three teams are targeting Weadon,STL will be looking to snag a WR if they don't grab Blackmon with their pick in the first round,otherwise they could be looking to take a RB like Martin or Miller.Well thems my prediction,if any of the trades comes to fruition it will still leave NE with one of the first round choices and depending on who is still availible and which pick survives will determine who BB will draft: your choice Wright,McClellin or one of the safeties.Chandler Jones is a smoke screen!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Thnx for your insight MB. My guess is the same as every year,BB will trade out of one or both of the first round picks. I hate to be a party poper.Facts are hard to deny he is a second round drafter thats where he believes the quality really lies,plus those players are more eager to prove all the naysayers wrong. 27 he will partner up with Indy as they want to bring in a sense of familiarity along with Luck so they will take Fleener with NE's 27 pick in the draft,in return the Patriots will receive #34 this year and 2013 2nd round pick. If they don't do a deal with Indy then in comes either Denver,Cleveland or STL at #31 each team has a desire to jump back into the first round and we all know BB is more than willing too accommadate! Ironically two of the three teams are targeting Weadon,STL will be looking to snag a WR if they don't grab Blackmon with their pick in the first round,otherwise they could be looking to take a RB like Martin or Miller.Well thems my prediction,if any of the trades comes to fruition it will still leave NE with one of the first round choices and depending on who is still availible and which pick survives will determine who BB will draft: your choice Wright,McClellin or one of the safeties.Chandler Jones is a smoke screen!!!!
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Thanks, SB.

Anything is possible with BB, yes.  I don't see them making both 1st round picks either as I wrote in my OP. 

I agree on Chandler Jones.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

As much as I hope they use both 1st rounders and solidify the D ...

At 27 I think Cordy Glenn slides to them and they can't resist taking him.
    At 31 they trade down for more picks.

I hope I'm wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Is there anyone anyone scared of Reyes due to how D.Butler turned out??  Cant remember the last impact player to come from Uconn...  What am I missing?
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'm not.  Different kids, different positions and Reyes is a kid that's lauded for his intelligence, work ethic, preparation and motor.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts