FINAL STRAW: VIDEO that will get GRONK double-teamed by BB and KRAFT and BODY-SLAMMED by TB!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: FINAL STRAW: VIDEO that will get GRONK double-teamed by BB and KRAFT and BODY-SLAMMED by TB!

Disagree, watched the video and all I saw was a kid acting like a moron up on a stage. Yeah he did gently wrestle his friend, but it did look like he was trying to protect his arm. If you ask me this is nothing more (or less) than what he always does. The guy is dense, we all know that. He needs to grow up, we all know that too. I guess the difference now is that he hasn't been able to help us in the post season do to injury - him acting like an embarrassment own his own time has nothing to do with his injuries.

Personally I almost feel bad for him, because he does make a fool of himself. Even that ESPN cover and article at the begining of the season painted a picture of kid that was dumb, lonely and a bit pathetic. I thought that writer took some liberties at this kid's expense and it pissed me off a bit, but he does bring it on himself.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: FINAL STRAW: VIDEO that will get GRONK double-teamed by BB and KRAFT and BODY-SLAMMED by TB!

Lets make sure all of our sports figures behave like cloistered nuns. it's much more important than their performance during games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Hey - the guy is 23/24 and making big bucks and having fun. I was doing some pretty dumb things on a much tighter budget when I was his age. He has never gotten into serious trouble so that is a plus.

Would I like him to cool it down a bit - yes. Would it be better for the team - probably. But it takes all types, and he seems plenty serious about the game and his craft. If this were happening during the season (Joe Namath anyone?) I would have a lot more problem. Neither the ankle nor the arm injuries had anything to do with his game prep or his off-season fitness.

One of these days he may get into trouble, and how he responds will be telling. But at the moment it is a guy blowing off steam on vacation from a stressful and intense job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

Lets make sure all of our sports figures behave like cloistered nuns. it's much more important than their performance during games.

The kid has not performed in the playoffs because of injuries. He gets the injuries from freak incidents, which frankly IMO, resulted from decisions that border on the stupid.

It does make sense for people to get concerned when he is engaging in activities that put him at risk of a another freak incident. So far his injuries have been from in-game incidents. Why even explore the possibility of getting it off the field?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Nobody will ever accuse Gronk of having a brain.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to glenr's comment:

The kid has not performed in the playoffs because of injuries. He gets the injuries from freak incidents, which frankly IMO, resulted from decisions that border on the stupid.

It does make sense for people to get concerned when he is engaging in activities that put him at risk of a another freak incident. So far his injuries have been from in-game incidents. Why even explore the possibility of getting it off the field?

Great points and I agree with you 100%.  Why do anything that may result in further injury?    I also would expect that the Patriots can't be happy about his actions. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Really, will you people that think a 23 yr old should act like a 90 yr old please get a life! Oh, wait, if you had one you would understand. 

So susan, does that mean Gronk should no longer bath? Because he is thousands of times more likely to hurt, injure, maime himself or get killed while bathing than anything he has done so far. 

BostonProSportsLover, glad you aren't involved with the Pats in anyway. If you were, Gronk would never have signed an extension to stay. 

All you folks complaining about Gronks actions have jealousy issues or live in a dream world. 

Let the guy live the way he probably always has (which made him the player he is) and leave him alone!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Really, will you people that think a 23 yr old should act like a 90 yr old please get a life!

The guy is 23 years old.  He's acting like an 11 year old.

At what age do you think he should become a grown up?  36?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Really, will you people that think a 23 yr old should act like a 90 yr old please get a life!

Seriously. This. THere is a difference between going out and having fun and being a total jackass.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Anyone who can not see the issue with Gronks actions is most certainly a passionate fan, maybe a very young or irrisponsible peron, maybe not, but they clearly have no understanding of trying to be a championship caliber organization or team.

...and to the person saying we should only care what he does on the field. Doh! That is the point, he is not keeping himself on the field when the organization and team needs him most.

...and to the guy asking if Gronk should bath like a wise guy. No it means he should not bath while being so drunk that his decisions are compromised thinking its ok to stand on two bars or soap and do the funky chicken while in the tub. Have a clue.

If you think even for a moment that something as simple as alcohol in casual consumption does not contribute to increasing your risk of injuries then you are simply not enducated on the subject. You would probably have no reason to be, so its understandable. That could be questioned in its own right to some degree. However, getting so drunk that you stop having the same cautionary reaction to protecting your heeling broken arm as you clearly showed just two weeks earlier when you were not drunk should be like a lightbulb going off even to ones self when watching the video play back.

Sorry but you don't go from professing being nervous and protecting your arm cautiously 2 weeks earlier when it has a huge pad on it to thinking its no big deal to be doing a DDT on your bro or bud up on stage unless you are drunk past the point of reasonable decision making.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

All I can say is I'm grateful I was 23 before there were cell phone cameras and the Internet. It was a wonder I made it to 24. This doesn't bother me in the least.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

All I can say is I'm grateful I was 23 before there were cell phone cameras and the Internet. It was a wonder I made it to 24. This doesn't bother me in the least. 

Truth. I'm sure many players his age are doing the same thing. There's just no one with a camera around who gives a shat.

Until someone proves differently, Gronk is working his but off during the day and having a little fun at night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

http://nesn.com/2013/02/aaron-hernandez-moving-to-california-in-offseason-to-work-out-with-tom-brady-trainer-alex-guerrero/

In contrast, Hernandez is showing professionalism and seriousness of purpose, something Gronk can learn from.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

http://nesn.com/2013/02/aaron-hernandez-moving-to-california-in-offseason-to-work-out-with-tom-brady-trainer-alex-guerrero/

In contrast, Hernandez is showing professionalism and seriousness of purpose, something Gronk can learn from.

Who says Gronk isn't working out?  The guy is the best TE in the league and is a workout warrior and a physical freak. I don't believe anybody has ever questioned his work ethic. Do you think he looks like he does without spending a ridiculous amount of time in the gym?  

So he likes to blow off some steam.  I suspect Hernandez does the same from time to time himself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Anyone who can not see the issue with Gronks actions is most certainly a passionate fan, maybe a very young or irrisponsible peron, maybe not, but they clearly have no understanding of trying to be a championship caliber organization or team.

...and to the person saying we should only care what he does on the field. Doh! That is the point, he is not keeping himself on the field when the organization and team needs him most.

...and to the guy asking if Gronk should bath like a wise guy. No it means he should not bath while being so drunk that his decisions are compromised thinking its ok to stand on two bars or soap and do the funky chicken while in the tub. Have a clue.

If you think even for a moment that something as simple as alcohol in casual consumption does not contribute to increasing your risk of injuries then you are simply not enducated on the subject. You would probably have no reason to be, so its understandable. That could be questioned in its own right to some degree. However, getting so drunk that you stop having the same cautionary reaction to protecting your heeling broken arm as you clearly showed just two weeks earlier when you were not drunk should be like a lightbulb going off even to ones self when watching the video play back.

Sorry but you don't go from professing being nervous and protecting your arm cautiously 2 weeks earlier when it has a huge pad on it to thinking its no big deal to be doing a DDT on your bro or bud up on stage unless you are drunk past the point of reasonable decision making.

Anybody that can see any problems with Gronks actions were probably in their sixties before they got out of high school! The guy trains hard, works hard and obviously plays hard. And trying to say that because he had a few brews, he is more likely to hurt himself is the epitome of uneducated statements. I mean for all you know he was drinking non-alcoholic coolaid in a beer bottle. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Who says Gronk isn't working out?  The guy is the best TE in the league and is a workout warrior and a physical freak. I don't believe anybody has ever questioned his work ethic. Do you think he looks like he does without spending a ridiculous amount of time in the gym?  

So he likes to blow off some steam.  I suspect Hernandez does the same from time to time himself.

You have pictures of Hernandez doing what Gronk was doing? He seems to have settled down and matured after the birth of his daughter. Gronk was acting like a drunken blockhead first in NOLA and then in LV, all within days.

It is not just the workout, an injured player recovering after surgery can be excused from fully engaged in that.  Hernandez is moving to California during the summer to work out with Brady, to develope closer and better communication between the two, and probably benefit both playing together next season. That is professionalism and commitment to excellence.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CornHole12. Show CornHole12's posts

I see Brady has tought him how to kick like a sissy. SMH!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Disagree, watched the video and all I saw was a kid acting like a moron up on a stage. Yeah he did gently wrestle his friend, but it did look like he was trying to protect his arm. If you ask me this is nothing more (or less) than what he always does. The guy is dense, we all know that. He needs to grow up, we all know that too. I guess the difference now is that he hasn't been able to help us in the post season do to injury - him acting like an embarrassment own his own time has nothing to do with his injuries.

Personally I almost feel bad for him, because he does make a fool of himself. Even that ESPN cover and article at the begining of the season painted a picture of kid that was dumb, lonely and a bit pathetic. I thought that writer took some liberties at this kid's expense and it pissed me off a bit, but he does bring it on himself.

lets not forget how his parents respond to the incidents if youve seen tehm interviewed. its no wonder he is so immature (its kind of expected of him).

by the way, alcohol and whatever else do have an impact on the body, on the effectiveness of training, on recovery, on longterm health, and in short term health capacity. 

as i said after incident 1, bb and kraft / org better talk to this kid and put an end to it before he does something he cant take back. gronk in recent interview said it never happened. no one in the org asked him to dial it back. hard to believe. i dotn belive it, but if true, its incredibly stupid.

by the way, it does make me wonder why they didnt do what i suggested and thought they'd do right after the break. cast his arm for games. they didnt, the drs creating a solution that made it more likely that his arm would break at the very end of the plate. here he is falling to the floor. a lot harder than grass. he has no worry of making it worse there. guess they should have casted him up for games after all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Anybody that can see any problems with Gronks actions were probably in their sixties before they got out of high school! The guy trains hard, works hard and obviously plays hard. And trying to say that because he had a few brews, he is more likely to hurt himself is the epitome of uneducated statements. I mean for all you know he was drinking non-alcoholic coolaid in a beer bottle. 

dude is drunk in public every chance he gets. dont deflect the reality because you may either want to live liek that or have in the past.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

from day 1 gronks maturity and behavior were clear. 

hern has been growing up since he was drafted.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

whats this?....

thoughtfulness on bdc :)

spoiling the day low

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

never, once people look up to you, you should try to get away with whatever you can because no one will hold you to the same standard as everyone else.

those enjoying the gronk ride are consciously oir unconsiously living vicariously (excuses will be made for all gronk's behavior). 

by the way, those saying what else do 19-23 year olds do; i dont know about you, i never got drunk, am not religious, had a steady girlfriend, and was an athlete.

just because its common, doenst mean its a good idea.

what you do to yourself, while not very responsible, is one thing. there are consequences to actions. what you do to 52 other players, coaching staff, etc as a result of your actions is another. you have a respnsibility. this is not the 60's. we know about health. heard of inflammation syndrome? just one of many serious negative affects of poor diet, drinking alcohol, etc. one of the many results of inflammation syndrome is rapid aging (internally), cells not funtioning healthily.

contrast gronk to atheltes who make it a point what to put in and hwo to treat their body for maximum health and football fitness. see the gronnk special. see what groceries dude is buying? effort to get most out of his body/health and ability is not there. not yet. appears the idea to conisder this is not there. there are cutting edge esperts in all these fields (butting edge nutrition, suplementation, trainig, etc) that can assist where it relates to football players. 

food for thought.

Sections
Shortcuts