Final Thoughts on 2010-2011 New England Patriots Seaons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHopHooray. Show HipHopHooray's posts

Final Thoughts on 2010-2011 New England Patriots Seaons

This will probably be my last post until draft time (baring some unpredicted out of nowhere change, i.e. firing or big signing). 

After spending a few hours to think about this loss, I realized that I will get over it and come back extremely excited for next year (IF the poor millionaires can reach an agreement with the poor billionaires for next year). I was more frustrated then saddened by this loss. I knew the Patriots were the better team they just didn't play like it tonight. Sure I'm pissed that we wasted another prime year of Brady's career and had to lose to the Jets in our first playoff game after all the smack talk making Rex Ryan seem like some "genius" but compared to the absolute soul-crushing loss to the Giants in '07 this isn't half as bad. I will never feel as heartbroken as I did after that Super Bowl so that helps that I have that to compare it to and actually puts it into perspective. But with our year cut all too short I feel like I should pay my respects to one of the best regular season Pats teams I've ever seen.

So let me start out by saying that for a team that was predicted by its own newspaper to finish third in it's own conference, I think that the Patriots did pretty darn well for peoples expectations. In what started out as a rebuilding year that turned into an "oh well wait and see what happens" year that turned into a serious Super Bowl contention year all of Boston should applaud the Patriots for one of the best seasons they've ever seen from these guys. Brady proved why he is one of the best of all time this year. The emergance of great rookies and first year starters, McCourty, Gronk, Spikes, Aaron, Woody and Law Firm all were great and promising. The young D stepped up and matured quickly as the season continued. Through whatever problem (Brady's extension, both contract and hair LOL, Randy Moss trade, Logan Mankins contract issues) the Patriots always rise above, proving to be one of the classiest, most well run organizations in the NFL. Bill Belichick proved again why he is one of the best coaches of all time constantly rolling with the punches and always changing his game plan accordingly. This is a Patriots team built for the long haul.

Which brings me to my final point. Looking into the recent future, I see great things for this team. With a whole slew of draft picks that can only improve our areas of need this team will be not only a contender next year but for as long as Brady and Belichick continue to call Foxboro their home. I cannot wait to see what new talent Belichick brings in with the draft and expect this young team to only mature and grow even more over the next few seasons.

What are you thought's on the Patriots season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Re: Final Thoughts on 2010-2011 New England Patriots Seaons

That's the style!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHopHooray. Show HipHopHooray's posts

This loss has made me think a lot about what will happen when that day comes and Bill Belichick decides to hang it up and retire from coaching (I don't think he'll do that as long as Brady's his QB, so I think once Brady exits Belichick will be soon to follow). Will Belichick hand the reigns over to a successor of his choice (though they all seem to get stolen from right under him for failed head coaching attempts) or will the Pats start over with a new coach and new style? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Can we finally stop calling Belichick a genius and Brady equal to Montana? Both are way off. Brady is Bradshaw, maybe (at least he won the big games), and Belichick a poor man's Noll. Sad the last half of this decade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsPacersFan1. Show ColtsPacersFan1's posts

dink & dunk brady..  every one knows he isnt on montanas level.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

We are only one step above Manning..Embarassing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsPacersFan1. Show ColtsPacersFan1's posts

In Response to Re: Final Thoughts on 2010-2011 New England Patriots Seaons:
    [QUOTE]We are only one step above Manning..Embarassing.
    Posted by cosmo14[/QUOTE]

Colts played the Jests a heckuva lot tougher than bellys team did.  pats will lose mankins and belly will continue to miss on players.

seymours pick only results in 17 pick.  belly will miss.  brady is overrated.  cassell had comparable numbers under belly.  and w/o video.. belly is not as genius like.

4th and 2

TUCK FUMBLE .. !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In Response to Final Thoughts on 2010-2011 New England Patriots Seaons:
    [QUOTE]This will probably be my last post until draft time (baring some unpredicted out of nowhere change, i.e. firing or big signing).  After spending a few hours to think about this loss, I realized that I will get over it and come back extremely excited for next year (IF the poor millionaires can reach an agreement with the poor billionaires for next year). I was more frustrated then saddened by this loss. I knew the Patriots were the better team they just didn't play like it tonight. Sure I'm pissed that we wasted another prime year of Brady's career and had to lose to the Jets in our first playoff game after all the smack talk making Rex Ryan seem like some "genius" but compared to the absolute soul-crushing loss to the Giants in '07 this isn't half as bad. I will never feel as heartbroken as I did after that Super Bowl so that helps that I have that to compare it to and actually puts it into perspective. But with our year cut all too short I feel like I should pay my respects to one of the best regular season Pats teams I've ever seen. So let me start out by saying that for a team that was predicted by its own newspaper to finish third in it's own conference, I think that the Patriots did pretty darn well for peoples expectations. In what started out as a rebuilding year that turned into an "oh well wait and see what happens" year that turned into a serious Super Bowl contention year all of Boston should applaud the Patriots for one of the best seasons they've ever seen from these guys. Brady proved why he is one of the best of all time this year. The emergance of great rookies and first year starters, McCourty, Gronk, Spikes, Aaron, Woody and Law Firm all were great and promising. The young D stepped up and matured quickly as the season continued. Through whatever problem (Brady's extension, both contract and hair LOL, Randy Moss trade, Logan Mankins contract issues) the Patriots always rise above, proving to be one of the classiest, most well run organizations in the NFL. Bill Belichick proved again why he is one of the best coaches of all time constantly rolling with the punches and always changing his game plan accordingly. This is a Patriots team built for the long haul. Which brings me to my final point. Looking into the recent future, I see great things for this team. With a whole slew of draft picks that can only improve our areas of need this team will be not only a contender next year but for as long as Brady and Belichick continue to call Foxboro their home. I cannot wait to see what new talent Belichick brings in with the draft and expect this young team to only mature and grow even more over the next few seasons. What are you thought's on the Patriots season?
    Posted by HipHopHooray[/QUOTE]

Well said - Same as My post

Sections
Shortcuts