FINALLY BRANDON MERIWEATHER IS MOVED TO 2ND LINE IN PRACTICE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

FINALLY BRANDON MERIWEATHER IS MOVED TO 2ND LINE IN PRACTICE

LETS WATCH THIS CLOSELY.
    safety seems to be the weakest area or tied for at least.
    will be looking to see if they sign a veteran in a day or 2.
    if not, sergio may be moving up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Re: FINALLY BRANDON MERIWEATHER IS MOVED TO 2ND LINE IN PRACTICE

What is Meriweather's deal? Did his ego just get too big after the pro bowl?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Not sure what Meri's deal is. It might be ego, or maybe he's just not that smart, can't take instruction, won't listen or doesn't "hear" the coaches. In any case, if he continues to play undisciplined, he is a liability back there. I'd rather (goingn to be looking at SBrown closely here), have SBrown take his spot if he can at least play with discipline and take care of his assignments. I'm not expecting Ed Reed or anything..just a disciplined, technique sound Safety.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Meriweather is much maligned in this town and may always be for some reason.  It could be that the coaches are feeding him a big helping of humble pie so that he doesn't get too chuffed with himself about being a probowler.  Something tells me that Meriweather is a bit of an extroverted self promoter who tries to do too much for his own glory and the Pats coaches are reeling him back in a bit.  Giving Sergio Brown some reps may be their way of telling him to get with the program.     

Bottom line, the Pats can win with Meriweather at safety, although I am curious to see if he's back once his contract is up.  He's talented for sure, let's see if he can put it all together before his walk year.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY BRANDON MERIWEATHER IS MOVED TO 2ND LINE IN PRACTICE:
    Meriweather is much maligned in this town and may always be for some reason.  It could be that the coaches are feeding him a big helping of humble pie so that he doesn't get too chuffed with himself about being a probowler.  Something tells me that Meriweather is a bit of an extroverted self promoter who tries to do too much for his own glory and the Pats coaches are reeling him back in a bit.  Giving Sergio Brown some reps may be their way of telling him to get with the program.      Bottom line, the Pats can win with Meriweather at safety, although I am curious to see if he's back once his contract is up.  He's talented for sure, let's see if he can put it all together before his walk year.    
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

1) The " some reason " why Meriweather is much maligned is because he chooses to play like a loose turd.

2) "CHUFFED" ? ... Is this an actual word?
     I'll save evrybody the Google-run .
     It's British slang for being very pleased with yourself .

I'm sure the Pats can win with Chuffyweather at Safety - but I'm even more sure we can win w/o him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

If he were traded for a draft pick I wouldn't lose any sleep

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

You guys can continue to hope and dream and read too much into nothing. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY BRANDON MERIWEATHER IS MOVED TO 2ND LINE IN PRACTICE:
    Meriweather is much maligned in this town and may always be for some reason. It could be that the coaches are feeding him a big helping of humble pie so that he doesn't get too chuffed with himself about being a probowler.  Something tells me that Meriweather is a bit of an extroverted self promoter who tries to do too much for his own glory and the Pats coaches are reeling him back in a bit.  Giving Sergio Brown some reps may be their way of telling him to get with the program.      Bottom line, the Pats can win with Meriweather at safety, although I am curious to see if he's back once his contract is up.  He's talented for sure, let's see if he can put it all together before his walk year.    
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

Whenever we have these discussions i never hear any actual evidence from the "pro" Meri. crowd as to why he doesn't deserve everything said about him. It's not opinion that the guy cant tackle or wrap up. It's not like were making up the fact that he free lances , make bad decisions and take bad angles. Now im in no way saying the guy is a bust , but the fact that he made the "pro bowl" doesnt mean anything me. That means about as much as making the NBA all star team. If we can upgrade , we should.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

You guys can continue to hope and dream and read too much into nothing. 
    Posted by Macrawn

So the fact that the Pats made an offer to SF's since resigned safety Dashon Goldson last week , then invited multiple safetys in for a look , and now are giving 1st team reps to Sergio Brown means nothing ?
       It's not a question of IF Meriweather will be replaced...it's WHEN .

( At the very least it shows the Pats have zero intention of ever re-signing him )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY BRANDON MERIWEATHER IS MOVED TO 2ND LINE IN PRACTICE : 1) The " some reason " why Meriweather is much maligned is because he chooses to play like a loose turd. 2) "CHUFFED" ? ... Is this an actual word?  I'll save evrybody the Google-run .  It's British slang for being very pleased with yourself .   I'm sure the Pats can win with Chuffyweather at Safety - but I'm even more sure we can win w/o him.
    Posted by CaptFoxboro

1.  The "some reason" is overblown in my opinion and in the opinion of others.  He needs to be more consistent for sure, but he's not terrible.  

2.  Chuffed is a word where I grew up, you'll just have to get your dictionary out once in a while since most here can get past the colloquilisms just fine and get my overall point.  Every time I hit spell check it tells me it doesn't recognize words or that I'm spelling them wrong, but it's not my fault that this board doesn't recognize Standard Scottish English.  

3.  I'm not sure I get your post, except to point out my use of words.     

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Apologists are like groupies, always wearing their knee pads.  Remember Maroney, the worst RB ever in the history of the NFL, he even had them on this board.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I have to admit I've lost alot of respect for this guy, he's never lived up to the hype. if he gets traded or cut so be it. We need fulltimer winners who give 100 percent 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Apologists are like groupies, always wearing their knee pads.  Remember Maroney, the worst RB ever in the history of the NFL, he even had them on this board.
    Posted by tcal2-

Perfect perfect example, you can add Ty Warren in there too. Meriweather, Warren, Maroney are going to be ok...just wait!! And then they get cut, traded, not resigned...then the apologists are dead silent. Same thing goes for players on other teams - this one stinks - that one could never play here, then they get traded for or picked up in free agency and they're cantonized. Laughable. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Merriweather has great physical skills but makes too many mental mistakes for my liking.  He's just not someone you can rely on to be a smart, disciplined, steady leader in the secondary. That's why I like BB bringing in someone like Sharper. Maybe you keep Merriweather around to use in certain situations, but I'm afraid he can't provide the veteran leadership we need from our top safety. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY BRANDON MERIWEATHER IS MOVED TO 2ND LINE IN PRACTICE :  So the fact that the Pats made an offer to SF's since resigned safety Dashon Goldson last week , then invited multiple safetys in for a look , and now are giving 1st team reps to Sergio Brown means nothing ?    It's not a question of IF Meriweather will be replaced...it's  WHEN .  ( At the very least it shows the Pats have zero intention of ever re-signing him )
    Posted by CaptFoxboro

I'm sure BB; at the very minimum, want to give others some reps. Not a bad idea if u wanna build depth

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Posted by tcal2-

Maroney had a pretty decent rookie season and that cannot be disputed. I held out hope for him because of that. I was wrong about him. Meriweather is not as bad as some say he is nor is he as good as some say he is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Merriweather has great physical skills but makes too many mental mistakes for my liking.  He's just not someone you can rely on to be a smart, disciplined, steady leader in the secondary. That's why I like BB bringing in someone like Sharper. Maybe you keep Merriweather around to use in certain situations, but I'm afraid he can't provide the veteran leadership we need from our top safety. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

most likely scenario is A. above, sign vet, meri stays into season helps or is traded if someone will give us something.
                      but b,c,d are possible
                              B. vet signed, meri released (hurting the team- attitude, not buying in or listening-not coachable
                              C. we go with sergio, meri backs up.
                              d. we get stuck playing him with no better option

somone referred to talent.
    what do you see as talent i'm curious here.
    i see a fast guy who can hit hard.
    i dont see a reliable safety or a coachable player.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY BRANDON MERIWEATHER IS MOVED TO 2ND LINE IN PRACTICE : Maroney had a pretty decent rookie season and that cannot be disputed. I held out hope for him because of that. I was wrong about him. Meriweather is not as bad as some say he is nor is he as good as some say he is.
    Posted by digger0862

I'm a huge Mary basher, but you're right, he's not as bad as I, and others may make him out to be. He is, however, as stubborn, cocky, ignorant and uncoachable as any I've seen in NE over the past ten years. He was benched early last year for not taking to coaching well and freelancing too much...he has now been dropped down the depth chart for the SAME THING. He doesn't get it, he never will, he, himself, is the worst offender of thinking he's better than he really is.

My final nail was the hit, and reaction to it, of Todd Heap. He plays recklessly, that was not a good football play, he has no respect for the game, his teammates or the opponents, and zero accountability.

I can't wait for when he's gone from NE, and he can have fun in ten years telling all his other gun toting homies how BB never used him right. He shot a robber in college, stomped multiple people in the UM/FSI brawl, and was carrying a gun at 4:00 am in the bad par tof St Louis this offseason. He's a complete moron, he puts himself in bad situations and sees nothing wrong with it.

Moving to the second team is the first step his career has ever taken in the correct direction.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Say what you want about him, but after that hit on heap, offenses started thinking twice about going over the middle.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

Sergio Brown took most of the 1st team snaps...I like Brown he's vocal but knows his assignment..

60maxpowero.com great new site

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Say what you want about him, but after that hit on heap, offenses started thinking twice about going over the middle.
    Posted by btownteamsrking

If you want to celebrate a cheap, dirty, outside the rules hit, go for it. It was despicable to me. Say what you want about teams avoiding the middle, but it didn't help the Pats go far in the playoffs.

I prefer teams not running to a side because the end is so good. Or not throwing to a side because the corner is so good. Or not going over the middle because the S is so physical...WITHIN THE RULES!

Go ahead and root for the Maryweather and James Harrison's of the world, I think the game would be far better off without such bottom of the barrel scum like those two degenerates.

I prefer players like Mayo. Wilfork has even toed the line fo being dirty, but he seems to have reeled it in the past year or two and does it the right way at the dirtiest position. Mary is a punk, he does not represent the team or the region well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm a huge Mary basher, but you're right, he's not as bad as I, and others may make him out to be. He is, however, as stubborn, cocky, ignorant and uncoachable as any I've seen in NE over the past ten years. He was benched early last year for not taking to coaching well and freelancing too much...he has now been dropped down the depth chart for the SAME THING. He doesn't get it, he never will, he, himself, is the worst offender of thinking he's better than he really is. My final nail was the hit, and reaction to it, of Todd Heap. He plays recklessly, that was not a good football play, he has no respect for the game, his teammates or the opponents, and zero accountability. I can't wait for when he's gone from NE, and he can have fun in ten years telling all his other gun toting homies how BB never used him right. He shot a robber in college, stomped multiple people in the UM/FSI brawl, and was carrying a gun at 4:00 am in the bad par tof St Louis this offseason. He's a complete moron, he puts himself in bad situations and sees nothing wrong with it. Moving to the second team is the first step his career has ever taken in the correct direction.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Bill and his coaching staff pick the players and I root for them all to play well. However, Meriweather is reckless and with his benching and Belichick taking a look at free agent safeties plus BB's recent comments (see below) it appears the writing is on the wall.

"Buddy stepped in there -- we've got a receiver leading the team in interceptions. It will be a point of embarrassment for the defensive backs, but it's alright; they deserve it."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Merriweather was never really THAT good

He blew a couple plays BIG TIME in 2009

Then he took a TERRIBLE route on Greg Jenning's 67yd TD last year, taking out potential tackler Kyle Arrington in the process

Kinda the opposite of a "safety"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY BRANDON MERIWEATHER IS MOVED TO 2ND LINE IN PRACTICE : I'm a huge Mary basher, but you're right, he's not as bad as I, and others may make him out to be. He is, however, as stubborn, cocky, ignorant and uncoachable as any I've seen in NE over the past ten years. He was benched early last year for not taking to coaching well and freelancing too much...he has now been dropped down the depth chart for the SAME THING. He doesn't get it, he never will, he, himself, is the worst offender of thinking he's better than he really is. My final nail was the hit, and reaction to it, of Todd Heap. He plays recklessly, that was not a good football play, he has no respect for the game, his teammates or the opponents, and zero accountability. I can't wait for when he's gone from NE, and he can have fun in ten years telling all his other gun toting homies how BB never used him right. He shot a robber in college, stomped multiple people in the UM/FSI brawl, and was carrying a gun at 4:00 am in the bad par tof St Louis this offseason. He's a complete moron, he puts himself in bad situations and sees nothing wrong with it. Moving to the second team is the first step his career has ever taken in the correct direction.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Really well said!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

It doesn't matter what you think of him. The overwhelming odds is that your going to see him playing in games for the Pats this year so get used to it.  He's not getting payed a ton and they are thin at safety. That's the reality. He's gone after this year.

Sections
Shortcuts