Finally caught up with last week's SI Mag - I puked!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Finally caught up with last week's SI Mag - I puked!

Eli Manning worthy of top billing as a "top performer"?  All because he got lucky on two heaved passes, arguably the luckiest heaves in SB history, and he gets this coverage?  If not for the Giants defense, he wouldn't have come close to being where he is and he was the MVP all for those two passes. He certainly was not MVP like the entirety of those two games.  Oh well, the mag will make for good fire starter material. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Finally caught up with last week's SI Mag - I puked!

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Eli Manning worthy of top billing as a "top performer"?  All because he got lucky on two heaved passes, arguably the luckiest heaves in SB history, and he gets this coverage?  If not for the Giants defense, he wouldn't have come close to being where he is and he was the MVP all for those two passes. He certainly was not MVP like the entirety of those two games.  Oh well, the mag will make for good fire starter material. 

He was MVP by default twice since no one on the Giants was worthy either time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I would of given the MVP to Justin Tuck in the 07 superbowl...but when was the last time a defensive player took home the Superbowl MVP? For the '11 Superbowl, he did make some plays, that pass to manningham was placed perfectly although he was going against one of the worst secondary in Superbowl History...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to leonardo0110's comment:

I would of given the MVP to Justin Tuck in the 07 superbowl...but when was the last time a defensive player took home the Superbowl MVP? For the '11 Superbowl, he did make some plays, that pass to manningham was placed perfectly although he was going against one of the worst secondary in Superbowl History...

2011, the punter

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

2011, the punter

I'll go with this.  He had a great game and put the Pats in terrible field position every time he punted.

And Ghost couldn't seem to get a touchback on kickoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

I hate Eli, but I have to give credit where due.

In the first SB, he was the luckiest sob ever. In the grasp with forward progress stopped - no call from Mike Carey. 2-3 holds by the offensive line to helo him "escape" - again no call. A mortar shell of a pass that would have taken out Sgt. Hulka to end the string of luck. 

Last year though, his pass to Manningham was a very good pass laid right in there. It was at a very high-pressure point in the game and he nailed it. As much as I dislike him, I can't take away the greatness on that play.  My only regret is that Bernard Pollard was not kicked out of the league in 2007. This would have given Gronk a strong enough ankle to make that diving catch in the endzone on the Hail Mary and would have actually beaten Vinatieri's kick as the greatest SB moment ever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

As I have always said; without Wes' drop and Asante's drop, Eli would be considered a failure. Sometimes it's about what other people don't do rather than what you do do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Babe, all it takes is one play regardless of what happened before or even after.  That's what folks remember.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

As I have always said; without Wes' drop

Quit bagging on Wes. It was poor execution on the pass and the catch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

As I have always said; without Wes' drop

Quit bagging on Wes. It was poor execution on the pass and the catch.

Sorry, but I feel I have to correct you here. Cris Collinsworth said that is a catch Wes makes "100 out of 100 times." 

60% of the time, Collinsowrth is right every time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

2011, the punter

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Crazy as it sounds that guy had a great game, constantly pinning the Patriots in poor field position, even causing the safety.

Sections
Shortcuts