Finally, some sense to the Colts game!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Finally, some sense to the Colts game!

BB couldn't care any less what reporters, coaches, owners, or any other so called experts think about the decisions he makes on the field.  There is a reason he is one of the greatest coaches of all time, and it's undeniable that he is one of the GOATS.  He does whats best for the team and if you sit back and look at the defensive side of the game, this all makes more then enough sense.

Check it out!

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/news/Curran-Belichick-uses-Colts-to-further-e?blockID=605710&feedID=3946

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Finally, some sense to the Colts game!

Though I don't like to see the D let a chump complete 80% of his passes, ya got to take it with a grain of salt and realize that the sin was simply being slackers in garbage time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Finally, some sense to the Colts game!:
    [QUOTE]Not trying to be rude, but I sort of question the sky is falling types that didn't see this with their own eyes yesterday and pretend someting else was reality. And who expected McCourty to be great back from missing 3 games?  I didn't especially without continuity around him or a gameplan. This quote stands out: “Bill always is saying that, anytime you can do more it helps the team,” said Molden.” If you can play different positions, it gives you a profound understanding of the game overall. I know that will definitely help us out in the long run.”
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Does your EVERY post have to be about other posters, or are you capable of just addressing the subject of the thread?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Based on what I saw, that link makes a great deal of sense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]Not trying to be rude, but I sort of question the sky is falling types that didn't see this with their own eyes yesterday and pretend someting else was reality. And who expected McCourty to be great back from missing 3 games?  I didn't especially without continuity around him or a gameplan. This quote stands out: “Bill always is saying that, anytime you can do more it helps the team,” said Molden.” If you can play different positions, it gives you a profound understanding of the game overall. I know that will definitely help us out in the long run.”

You say that like Mccourty has ever even been great this year. He's been below average without question basically the whole year. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE] And who expected McCourty to be great back from missing 3 games?

Not to be rude but that"s kind of how DMC has been playing all season.  Haven't you been watching?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

To me the only reason BB had to experiment in the first place is that the D isn't what it should be.

Now I attribute a lot of that to injures in the DB core. I mean who would have predicted that in week 13 you would have 2 STers as your starting S's, one of which is a WR?

Does anyone really believe if BB was happy with how the D has turned out 13 weeks into the season he would of had to experiment at all? To me it's that injures are pilling up and his D is not what he wants so he's trying things out in hopes that there is time to make adjustments before the playoffs. It's good to know he sees this D needs to improve and is trying to fix it before playoff time but, on the same note it's disconcerting that this far into the season BB has to take such drastic measures in experimenting with the D.

BTW on Molden's comment. It's nice when a player can play multiple positions but generally if they have to play multiple positions it's because they aren't good enough in their main position. In other words would you rather a player who's a 60 out of 100 as a CB/ST/S/WR or a player that's an 85 out of 100 at CB but can't play those other positions. Eventually you can't fill an entire position with multi position players like the DB is currently made up of. Multi position players are great for depth but the moment they become starters is a big sign of trouble

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally, some sense to the Colts game! : I don't know what you are talking about other than the debbie downers using a scrimmage type feel to a game to their advatnage to be dramatic and troll a bit. If they're sort of lying like Underoos did earlier where he said Indy "put a scare" into the Pats, then sure, I will reference that rhetoric as to why it's incorrect. In this case it's incorrect because BB started street guys and then used a prevent with our offense using back ups and even Hoyer in the 4th.

What he means is that in your post you always come across as talking someone else down vs just making your point. I always figure it had to do with you being born a women in a man's body, but that is just me. (See, kind of like that)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Finally, some sense to the Colts game!:
    [QUOTE]BB couldn't care any less what reporters, coaches, owners, or any other so called experts think about the decisions he makes on the field.  There is a reason he is one of the greatest coaches of all time, and it's undeniable that he is one of the GOATS.  He does whats best for the team and if you sit back and look at the defensive side of the game, this all makes more then enough sense. Check it out! http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/news/Curran-Belichick-uses-Colts-to-further-e?blockID=605710&feedID=3946
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

That perspective makes a lot of sense.... thanks for sharing that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally, some sense to the Colts game! : I don't know what you are talking about other than the debbie downers using a scrimmage type feel to a game to their advatnage to be dramatic and troll a bit. If they're sort of lying like Underoos did earlier where he said Indy "put a scare" into the Pats, then sure, I will reference that rhetoric as to why it's incorrect. In this case it's incorrect because BB started street guys and then used a prevent with our offense using back ups and even Hoyer in the 4th.
    Yeah, I am sure Belichick was not at all concerned when the colts got within 7 and onside kick recovery of taking a shot at tying the game. 

I am sure he was just fine with that. 

So, BB stuck it to the colts without Manning by playing players he'd never played.  I wonder what he learned in all of this.  And I wonder how these players helped him understand why Mccourty couldn't hold the edge on the TD run or why he was so easily beaten in man coverage vs. Garcon. 

Hoyer played, if I recall correctly, exactly 3 plays, and Belichick was so comfortable that he put Brady back in to make sure the snap exchange was clean. 

Yeah, there wasn't a scare at all.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't say he was "fine" with giving up 2 late two TDs. I said he was fine doing what he wanted to do, not how they gave up two quick late TDs. 

My post was in reference to yours saying that I was lying that the colts put a scare into the pats.  First off, it wasn't a lie, it was an opinion.  I don't know whether or not Belichick was concerned, but I've got to believe he was not happy to have the colts trying an onside kick for an opp to tie the game, and I don't think he put Brady in for the final snap because he wanted Brady to get the work. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally, some sense to the Colts game! : My post was in reference to yours saying that I was lying that the colts put a scare into the pats.  First off, it wasn't a lie, it was an opinion.  I don't know whether or not Belichick was concerned, but I've got to believe he was not happy to have the colts trying an onside kick for an opp to tie the game, and I don't think he put Brady in for the final snap because he wanted Brady to get the work. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Hey you should be happy...gomer is coming back better than ever....for another chance to be thought of more than trent dilfer...and for a 4th and 5th neck surgery...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

jcour,

As a side note, I just want you to know how much I get a kick out of your avatar.  Everytime I see it alongside your tough talk, I can't help but chuckle and figure you are the antithesis of what you attempt to project.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally, some sense to the Colts game! : I don't really agree. We saw this during the dynasty era. You can't count injuries, when he's clearly waiting on people to come back.  Just because there aren't HOF type players starting at 5 positions, it doesn't mean the entire unit and depth isn't effective. It's a luxury to blast a team 31-3 and then go into a defense where you basically testing the waters to see how people look. As if Nate Jones didn't look more of an impact player to what Adams was doing?  Adams was fine, but Jones looks immediately stronger. This is analysis based of ZERO continuity on the back end. Some of you act like we don;t miss Chung  or a improving, healthy McCourty, Of course we do. Spikes too. I wish we had this kind of depth in SB 38 because when Rodney and Wilson went down, we got torched soon after. Thanks to a John Kasay's stupid move, it worked out, but Sean mayer at Safety?  I don't think the guy has been in the NFL since that SB. Dotting Is and crossing the Ts is a good thing, not a bad thing. You act like this D is bad. It's not. Also, disagree on Molden. The guy has looked good. I saw his and Vereen's non-usage as BB's way of saying "I need to see more of others right now". I think you are missing the point here.  If Spikes, Chung, Flecther, etc aren't ready for duty by January, then I would agree with you. Coaches would kill to have this kind of an opporutnity in the NFL.  "I am not looking for the best players, Craig. I am looking for the right ones."  - Herb Brooks

Yes you can't count on injures and players coming back but to speak to your depth point, he seems concerned about his depth at this point. I mean honestly he's pulling O players to become starters on D. It's obvious he knows the depth in the DB is extremely thin right now and he needs to assess what he has available. The only other time he has done this is with T Brown, and that was after pulling guys off the street on a team riddled with DB injures. That was painful clear to me, which I agree he should evaluate what he has now instead of later. It's a great luxury to have. The concerning part for me is that if he needs to do this kind of evaluation that means he has concerns about the depth going into the playoffs, which sets up the DB core as a deck of cards.

As with Jones of course he needs to evaluate a new player, that's not a question. With Molden again that's a player who's looked good as a role player but his primary position is CB, he shouldn't look lost. I see Molden as a #3/4 CB on most teams and as such needs to also be a STer as I feel most backup role players should. He isn't a multi position player in my mind but I was commenting on his words not on the player himself. What I'm more referring to are the Edelmans and Slaters of the world. Now T Brown was an exception to the rule but Edelman and Slater are third tier WR's (their main position) and excel in STs. When they now play D their multi position ability is clear as day but I would want a Molden over a Edelman in the secondary any day as well as I'd want a Gay over a T Brown in the secondary. What I'm saying is if they have to play all 3 sides of the ball for the team that usually means they aren't good enough in their given position to make meaningful impact. They are the bottom of the barrel last ditch depth guys that free up spots on the roster because they can play multiple positions. If BB is at the bottom of his depth barrel and needs to evaluate it, it shows he believes there is a realistic chance he might have to use them. It's not something you typically see BB giving O players a large number of snaps on D and actually starting them to evaluate their ability in game time decision. Actually this might be the 1st time I've seen him do this as Brown was tossed in the middle of a game after an injury and remained in due to lack of depth but even still Brwon didn't receive significant snaps like Slater and Edelman have

BTW I don't think you need HoF players at every position but would it be to much to ask to not have a WR starting a S, a STer starting at S, a WR playing #3 CB?

I have to say something though it does remind me of the 05' secondary BB piece mealed together. But, then again the pass rush was much better back then so it made up for some of the deficiencies.

Sections
Shortcuts