Find a great defense in that list...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Find a great defense in that list...

Stop wasting your time.

Noone is buying that there arent any good defenses. We have televisions and internets and some even have sunday ticket like my self.

Whats your point?

You can say those defenses arent "great" but they DO get off the field...

Noone is asking for the 85 bears. How about getting a stop now and then...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

As Jay mentioned, there are no 85 Bears defenses on that list...but the 49ers have had one of the more consistent units from the get go this year.  I haven't seen enough of the Texans to buy into them...weak division this year.  Ravens and Steelers are always tough...but can be had with the right personnel and game plan.

I'd be happy with an average defense that can get off the field a little bit more regularly to give the ball back to our offense.  

Nonetheless, we dont have that...so we're going to live and die by turnovers and how well Brady orchestrates the offense.  Defensively, it's a cover-your-eyes and hope for the best situation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

What are you getting at, none of them are historically great? I wouldn't compare them to defenses in history since rules have changed. Still, if you're saying that since the worst teams aren't historic defenses and the best teams aren't historic defenses than they are the same than nobody's buying that. It's like saying if Kevin Garnett didn't win the MVP and I didn't win the MVP than we are both equally as good at basketball.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

tomayto, tomahto... great, good, bad...whatever.  It definitely is an open field this year.  Every team has warts...should make for a great run of playoff games.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: Find a great defense in that list...:
    In Response to Re: Find a great defense in that list... : No, it's like saying none of today's defenses are great. Everyone keeps crowing how the Pats are going to face a "great defense" in the playoffs. It ain't happening, Bunkie.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Go take your meds buddy. Nobody is crowing about the defenses we will face. We have confidenc in our offense.

90 % of complaints are about our bad defense.  This is the concern.

You wasted your time like I said. Noone is even on page with you.

People are worried that our defense wont get off the field in the postseason.

"Great" is a tricky term,. but to act like every team is the same is ummmm, dumb!

We win on offense,. San Fran wins on defense. Why do I have to be a Carolina fan because I would like for our "D" to play just a bit better than they have?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Well The best defenses every year give up 14-17 points and this year they are at 16 so yeah, they will face as good a defense in the playoffs this year as they would any other year. Still, I don't think any of those defenses can stop the Pats consistently but no teams are easy in the playoffs.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Solid point...but that's why they play the games.  If we went by averages, we'd be perfect in 2007.  Based on what we've seen the last couple of years in the playoffs is what has people nervous. 

Had Miami had a better team or coaching (they usually accompany playoff teams), we would have not been able to come back in the second half.  They had the right formula.  Keep our defense on the field, get our offense off of it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Find a great defense in that list...":
    In Response to Re: Find a great defense in that list... : The Pats have put up 30 on every defense above them this year.  So why say "great defenses are going to stop them"? Posted by Patsfansince1966
    I didn't say that, I said the opposite of that.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Of course the Patriots players don't care what we think...as it really does not matter.  That's not why fans say they are nervous....or feeling what they feel about the team on the forum...in a place to you know, discuss the Pats.  What's your point?

As for what happens on the field...it does come down to who is playing better.  Can NE beat NO?  Sure...of course they can.  Would you be nervous about them doing it?  I would...especially if it is the big game! :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Pittsburgh we scored 20, I believe we scored less than 30 vs Dallas too, but those are just facts, we know you dont deal with those.

Ok, Great!, Vince Wilfork doesnt care what I think nor does any other defender, but guess what?, they had better play better than what they have been in January or they'll be at home just like me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Find a great defense in that list... : The Pats have put up 30 on every defense above them this year.  So why say "great defenses are going to stop them"?

In a sense you're right, there isn't one great defense in the league this year - there's plenty that are better than us, but none great. The Ravens have some players on that defense that scare me and the Steelers are good enough collectively to do some damage.

I think the problems that WE could face as an offense is that you might face a defense that is good enough to SLOW you down. That's all you'll need to do to beat us...just slow the offense - not stop it, because if you can do that, you'll score some points and we won't keep up. Then a couple of morons will blame Brady - not the defense - and we'll argue for another year (like last year). 

The sad part that some fail to realize is that most offenses will be slowed in the playoffs (it happens when you play a playoff caliber defense). They also fail to realize that most defenses can slow an offense in the playoffs - weather and very good players will do that for you - we'll probably get half of that assistance. It won't be enough in my opinion - if your defense allows Sanchez to move the ball in the playoffs on you, what's Rothlisburhger going to do?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

If I punched you in the nose, you couldnt look more dumb...

Just ignore that we put up 20 vs the steelers and may play them again.

Since you are so Giddy and confident, why dont you thnk we can make it to the SB?

Dallas could make it there, after all there are no GREAT defenses right and Dallas can score...sooooooo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

This forum has been so freakin redundant recently. Its getting quite boring, who gives a sh*t about other team's defenses. That is some posters go to argument...but but but Green Bay's defense is bad too! So what, it has nothing to do with NE's defense.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Is that a threat 66? Should Shizzle alert the authorities?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Find a great defense in that list... : Exactly.  The Pickers give up ONE LESS completion per game and yet are not considered a "lousy defense" BECAUSE THEY ARE 14-1.

In terms of completions, the Packers played 7 games against top 10 completion offenses.  NE - 2. 

In terms of yards, the packers played 7 games against top 10 teams, NE - 4. 

Green Bay has played against some pretty stout offenses.  NE not as much.

Sections
Shortcuts